Posts created by gtminer

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 10, 17 2:36 PM
10/9/17

Secret Delivery 10 part
Competition 3 part

Wasn't going to play much, then Trina brought out her whips & chains and wanted 200 hos so far. Had DQ for 2 airships. After doing 150 hos, I gave up. She'd probably only want another 50 hos after I finished with the last 50 hos. Didn't use diamonds to push DQ's. Decided to take a break & take it ez for awhile. If I'm not going to be doing so many hos, I'm going to have to be more selective on the DQ's, so won't be progressing much for awhile.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 10, 17 8:28 AM
Omg, gohill, you are so funny. I think you missed your calling as a comedian or a writer.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 9, 17 1:48 AM
The best way to get rid of your coin is to have your friends post crafted items that they would like.

Give what you can, and don't worry about the extra coin or inventory. As Cute_Moni says, it could take months & months to get rid of everything. So not sure that should be your goal, especially if you want to be done as quickly as possible.

I'm really sorry to see you go. Best wishes to you and your family.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 10:35 PM
Silver:

I tried to do a second game because it sounded fun to stay at level 47 and just do DQ's. But it turns out I couldn't handle doing even more hos. I set my game up with some holiday pets to prepare, but sadly just can't do it.

I can say it is certainly hard to get motivated to do hos, so I can truly understand. I really need to do at least 200 a day, but seems I'm failing now-a-days.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 10:32 PM
Daily Progress 10/8/17

Experiment 3 part
Birth of Goo 5 part
Competition 3 part
Strange Papers 3 part
Knowledge Hunter 5 part
Strange Papers 3 part
Something New 10 part

HOS: 71,933
Trina: 564
Postcards: 2069 (beginning)

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 1:25 PM
No need to apologize. We're very happy to get a sneak peak/tell. We so love our gossip . Gives us stuff to talk about, and lets our imaginations run wild.

We do so appreciate you taking the time to contact the developers and giving us feedback.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 11:17 AM
I had hopes that they had finally given us more DQ's. Now it's shattered Oh well, maybe someday.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 11:14 AM
You gave me a good belly laugh

Or you see a key & a ring on the list and you say to yourself, "I don't remember a key ring in the HOS".

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 11:11 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:I finished my first 10 part DQ on August 19.

My current stats are

3 Part 27/50
5 Part 22/50
10 Part 11/50

I've made more progress than I ever expected but can't compare to the dedicated DQers who do more in a week.

Very nice progress. Good Job. Welcome to the band of DQ'ers.

We post our monthly progress on the last day of every month. So hope you will continue DQ'ing and shard your progress again.

Congratulations.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 8:46 AM
Woohoo TiramaSue! Very happy for you on your new achievement.

And I'm so very glad that you finally had a good DQ'ing day.

Nice job, best of luck, sharing a few to help keep your your luck going, and a few to brighten your day.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 17 8:32 AM
You can also get rid of your highest ones by filling the airship with just that one & letting it go off on its own. Works better if your airship is close to leaving and you wont need it before it does leave.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 7, 17 10:02 PM
Daily Progress 10/7/17

Secret Delivery 10 part
Legendary Scrolls 5 part
Another Potion 5 part
Robbery of the Century 10 part
Something New 10 part

HOS 71,933 - 71,740 = 103
Trina: 564 - 559 = 5
Postcards: 2094 (beginning) 2069 (ending)

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 7, 17 12:10 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:TiramaSue, not trying to change your strategy, just want to understand...why do you only want a 10 part DQ?

To me, the waste of airship items is greater in the 10 part quests because some want 2 airships, the number of wheels necessary is low, and you only get credit for 1 DQ, although 10 parts are harder to come by.

On the other hand, number of wheels asked in 5 parts are higher. You would be sending out the same airship, once, completing a DQ, and receiving another.

Is it the inventory?

Because, the only way you can complete a 10-part DQ is by sending an airship or 2.

There are 6 3-part DQ that require no airships. Why should I send 2 airships AND play dice AND open up 6 ZZ's to complete Three Days? Why should I send 1 airship AND play dice to complete Lost Pages? It's not as if the DQ gold chests contain anything special.

The are 5 5-part DQ's that don't require airships. So why play Another Potion (1 airship, 14ZZ), Inspiration (1 airship, 10 ZZ, dice) or Helping Hand (1 airship, dice, 10 ZZ include column of the fallen twice)? They pay exactly the same amount of coins and medallions as the easier 5-parters and you get a silver chest from any 5-part DQ.

Every airship sent to complete a 3 or 5 part DQ means doing 100 more HOS to get airship items to be used in a 10-part DQ. Multiply that by 2 games and that's a heck of a lot of extra HOS I'd prefer not to do.

I know I'm late to the party, again, but oh well, I'm old, too old I think.

The only reason I do Lost Pages, or any other 3 or 5 part, is the hopes of getting a 10 part, but I wont do any 3 or 5 part that take more than one airship like Day 1. There are exceptions to this though. If I use an amulet for Gnome Spy and Day 1 shows up right after, like it has twice so far, then I may consider it. I can say it's 50/50 since I did do it once and passed on it once

Today, I got Lost Pages first, then Inspiration, and finally Robbery of the Century. I would not have gotten Robbery if I hadn't first completed Lost Pages. That being said, my hands & arms hurt terribly, and I'm getting burned out as can be shown by the number of HOS I have completed lately. I'm lucky to get the energy balls, and I even failed to get all 20 at least 2 times.

I am so ready to just get this done. It's coming to the point that it's becoming no longer fun & my OCD is the driving force.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 6, 17 5:27 PM
Daily Progress 10/6/17

Lost Pages 3 part
Inspiration 5 part
Robbery of the Century 10 part
Lost Pages PASS

HOS: 71,740 - 71,641 = 99 (burnout)
Trina: 559 - 558 = 1
Postcards: 2079 (beginning) 2094 (ending)

2 Lost pages in one day. I think someone wants me to take a break.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 6, 17 5:05 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:Well over here ( UK) we don't celebrate Fall or Thanksgiving & Halloween is only just a few years old here, so I'm happy to get my celebration in the castle.

Does the UK celebrate Oktoberfest? That falls around the same times as US Halloween. I know in some cities here in the US, the Oktoberfest if a big celebration.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 5, 17 5:18 PM
Daily Progress 10/5/17

Studying Luck 3 part
Helpful Device 5 part
Birth of Goo 5 part
Ancient Picture 5 part
Special Interest 3 part (long one for only a 3 part)
Helpful Device 5 part
Something New 10 part

HOS: 71,640 - 71,463 = 177 (completed)
Trina: 558 - 556 = 2
Postcards: 2104 (beginning) 2079 (ending)

Starting to suffer major burnout. Can't even do the 200 I wanted to do daily.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 5, 17 4:53 PM
Desertdruid wrote:They started CCs during the Special Events last year - no reason to expect that to go away.
And since the CC tasks are to complete 3 parts & 10 parts of DQs, not complete a 3-part & a 10-part DQ (BIG difference!), doing 3 & 10 Event DQs would satisfy that challenge. That's how it worked last year.

Do you think they would start the SE before the current CC is over, or wait until the end of the current CC?

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 5, 17 3:51 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:
gtminer wrote:
AuntieRoo wrote:I was just wondering if any of you had ever worked out approximately how many airship items you have sent off or would it be too painful to know the answer?

Easy to calculate. Just take completed hos minus airship inventory.

Yes I thought of that but many moons ago when I was short of coins I cashed in quite a few airship items. (Sorry that might be painful to read )
I thought it might be interesting to know roughly how may were needed to complete one of there achievements.

Oh the pain, the pain.

I guess those who played before the DQ achievements would have used way more airship items than would be reflected on their data. My current game was started after the achievement was implemented. I have used 59,227 airship items with 871/1500 DQ's completed, broken down as 291/296/284. So approximately 3/5 done with 2/5 to go. Rounding up to 60,000 (for simplicity sake), I would need to complete 24,000 more HOS minus my current airship supply of 12,236. So for me, about 12,000 more HOS. If I could do 200 a day, it would take me 60 more days to get those 12,000. I would like to do 200 a day, but it is proving to be harder & harder to do it.

Everyone's statistics are going to be different because it would depend on how efficiently the airship was used. Did we send out an airship for the CC, and did it include a DQ airship? Mostly I used mine fairly efficiently aside for the slip up of sending out the airship for 237 wheels when the DQ wanted 240. And perhaps early on, I may have sent out the airship for a cc that didn't coincide with a DQ, but I can't remember for sure.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 5, 17 2:52 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:I was just wondering if any of you had ever worked out approximately how many airship items you have sent off or would it be too painful to know the answer?

Easy to calculate. Just take completed hos minus airship inventory.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 5, 17 2:13 PM
Maybe they decided to keep the Gnome during SE? Fingers Crossed, although I suspect a few DQ'ers would be glad for a break.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator