Posts created by dog2007

posted in Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin on Jul 13, 14 10:25 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Pobros gave up on the game...I'd love to see a sequel but it's been so many years...

Fingers crossed though...was a fun game to go back and play again

I didn't see Duffy but I did see Pinocchio in the DIsney style

I'm playing for the 100th time now (LOVE the series) and just thought I'd mention an odd glitch in one of the HOS

When you go into to room next to the jester statue one of the items to find is a lit lantern...but to light the torch you have to grab a torch...the glitch is to grab the torch you have to put your cursor to the left until you find a hand and then put the hand over the lantern

Not sure if this happens to anyone else or if it has been fixed since I last installed the game but it is a little annoying to have to grab nothing and then put nothing over the lantern to get the torch to light it

robinbucy wrote:I can't get anywhere with the leather pouch sewing puzzle. I hit start, it sews a line, and then I hit one of the buttons. none of them seem to be responding. Only reset and start work. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you rotating the leather?

No issues for the puzzles here

I play on Windows 7 and noticed a couple glitches/possible glitches

1) Not that important but the pictures you can take while playing get all mixed up in the album, and I don't think the main game pictures return to the album once you finish (haven't tried playing through again...just like taking them)

2) In the bonus area when Dupin gets trapped by the chandelier he repeats what he said in the main game...it doesn't sound quite right in this contest so I'm wondering if the wrong line was put in by mistake

3) The photographs gathered int he bonus chapter go into the notebook all mixed up...while it doesn't interfere with the story it was a bit odd

4) during the main game a few of the journal entries were blank with just the piece of paper found on the other page (like the sand weight)...maybe it's supposed to be a blank page but just want to make sure

5) In the final movie at the end of the bonus chapter is there supposed to be dialog? (during the last viewable movie in Extras and after you use the sword and watch the end of the game it feels like someone is supposed to be saying something but doesn't)

6) Maybe it's just me but I had to exit a few times because during the game a slight lag began at various points...when walking the game would hesitate slightly and when taking photographs with the camera the bottom invintory or mini-game instructions would be in the picture even though they cleared int he game...I had to completely exit the game and go back in (clicking play again) to get rid of it but it would start up again some time later

Not major issues but hope these get to the right people (I may e-mail CS just so they have the issues at their level....still not happy about the lack of animation for the characters compared with the past 3 games and not a fan of Dupin's new voice or attitude but there will be more DT games so I'll see what happens - I hope I hope lol)

After you equip the lab use the tools to find the criminal (the fingerprints, blood sample, and bullet test)

It is supposed to be there...but I am having the same problem...I played again on the same account as before...but I cannot access the bonus game...please don't tell me i can only play it once per account

Well I guess I better go back and play them all again to see

Thanks!

When I followed that shape-shifting price the detective said James....who in the world is/was James? (I know it's not one of the sons..and. the detective is helping Jack) either I am forgetting something from a previous game or I totally missed something...

posted in Home Sweet Home on May 21, 13 1:56 PM
ok I know Manny the Magician wants

TV.
- A couch in front of the TV.
- A pool table.
- A stereo.
- No open windows or windows with blinds (too many fans).
- No flowers (he is allergic).

but no matter what I do I cannot get $1000...I keep getting $950

How do you get that last $50?

Well I just tried both ways...I guess there really isn't much difference other than the end movie....was wondering if it would change anything at all (like the Jekyll and Hyde Strangecase where the ending it totally different depending on what you do)...oh well...LOVE the game and so want to see another one out...Poe was a great writer

Well I liked it...and I didn't like it....

It was a nice storyline...easy to follow

The game design was beautiful

The music was nice...did not get annoying like some games I've played

The puzzles and HOS were solvable...only had to use HINT a few times

The journal got glitchy (pages were messed up/out of order/not there)

I never looked at the strategy guide but I hear it isn't much help

The map only lets you "see" what area to look at next (and isn't always right)...it doesn't let you jump locations and gets confusing to use

The bonus content is a huge let down...just a short extra game play that unlocks a M3 game and concept art...no wallpaper, screensaver, music, "real" bonus play, etc (also trying to click on the silver cats is really hard)

Overall I do like this game and am glad I bought it...will probably go back through all 3 in order again...I usually like the CE with the early access and extras (and didn't expect to see a third installment) but can't really say it was worth it (getting one of the others was nice but aside from that...)

All I'll say is to each their own...personally I like this game and the first two...I also hope this will continue on and give Anna a real chance to try and save Pandora and Jacob

I give it a 3.5/5 rating only because the CE extras are really nonexistent (tech stuff I can understand...and since the puzzles are solvable without the SG I was fine not using it)

Happy Playing!

Ok I just played through the game (like it but not much CE wise) and noticed some glitches in the journal

some of the pages were out f order

in the bonus section two of the pages (one on either side) were blank...no picture no nothing

One of the pages that Anna enters after you find a piece of paper changes the writing on the paper from one clue to another...very annoying

The sparkles didn't always show up or showed the wrong location

other than that it was fun

(does this mean this is the final installment for this game?...or will there be a chance to rescue Jacob and Pandora and restore them to what they once were?)

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 13 1:41 PM
The walkthrough is only for the normal version...I too cannot get the CE's extra CRYSTALS mini-game in the bonus content area....I'm just stumped...

posted in Puzzler World 2 on Mar 24, 12 10:38 PM
I LOVE Puzzler 1 so I thought I'd try Puzzler 2. Glad I just did the demo and didn't spend my money. For one thing the games are a lot harder, but not in a good way. For example the lines in Sudoku make it impossible to tell if the boxes are vertical or horizontal (like the first it starts with 1-6 rather than 1-9). Another problem is the scrolling in games like the crossword puzzles. It's impossible to simply move around. I'm totally lost on Backwords and though the instructions help a little the hints are a total snore. I click hint and it does some random clue and gives no help at all. The clarity is poor in games like wordsearch and the screen is so big for link-a-pic that you have to move the board to do the puzzle. Finally the extra games stink. They either go too fast, are too complicated, or involve words no one has ever heard of before.

This is definitely NOT a game worth buying

posted in Pahelika: Revelations on Mar 11, 12 5:14 PM
I LOVE this kind of game...makes you think but still fun .....of course I'm "hooked" on the MCF series too

Do I smell another sequel? The ending seems to hint at another one....not the way the first one did but still by what the main character said I think we could see Pahelika 3 sometime in the future

posted in Pahelika: Revelations on Mar 11, 12 3:27 PM
I just finished today....took 2 days lol.....LOVE this kind of game...makes you think but still fun .....of course I'm "hooked" on the MCF series too

Do I smell another sequel? The ending seems to hint at another one....not the way the first one did but still by what the main character said I think we could see Pahelika 3 sometime in the future

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Dec 11, 11 1:27 PM
There isn't even a cellar area to go to....I had hoped Azada 3 would follow the storyline...it's still fun and I did enjoy playing (and will play again) but I don't even see a connection between this and the last 2 games (probably missed something but still....)

burf90 wrote:
dog2007 wrote:I too forget the room but know exactly what you are talking about...there is a big red door in one of the rooms that you just can't open...it says there is no key hole or something like that....I tried to open it before taking the king what he wanted...I'm totally stumped on that and the frozen Frog Prince

Ohhhhh... Now I know the one you mean. It was in the treasure room on the left. All it said was that it was locked and, no, we never did get in there. There was also a big wardrobe on the right in the king's bedroom that you couldn't open. It, too, just kept saying "it's locked".

I remember thinking that they might be dealt with in the bonus game play for the CE, and the frog, too. Maybe that's what they actually did intend and then somewhere along the way it changed to Hansel & Gretel. Too bad. I still feel sorry for that cold little frog.

that's it alright...I might play around another time with the keys and that thing you get at the end for the king (don't want to ruin anything lol)

I too feel sorry for the frog but have a feeling we'll see him again...though the person shown at the end wasn't one of the Prince's wives I still wonder if we'll eventually go through each of their stories...I mean Brier Rose was the first story and now Snow White so why not the rest?

I too forget the room but know exactly what you are talking about...there is a big red door in one of the rooms that you just can't open...it says there is no key hole or something like that....I tried to open it before taking the king what he wanted...I'm totally stumped on that and the frozen Frog Prince

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator