Posts created by read61

posted in Dark Parables: Queen of Sands Collector's Edition on May 31, 15 7:41 AM
Briar Rose and The Exiled Prince are two of my all-time favorite games, but this series lost me at Red Riding Hood. I simply couldn't get over those outfits they were wearing! I tried a couple more DP games but the magic was gone. I was thinking of trying again with this one, but I see the Red Riding Hood sisters are making another appearance. No thank you. Maybe the next one......I enjoy Eipix and I always enjoyed the artwork in Blue Tea (except for their depiction of females).

posted in Dark Romance: Heart of the Beast on May 23, 15 7:14 AM
My problem is that when I put this game and another SE in my cart and use the code RESPECT the system insists on using one of my game credits for one game and then lets me have the second one free. This is not what I want to do. I have no desire to use a game credit, all I want is the BOGO. Grrr.......this looks like a good game and I've been waiting for a sale so I can get it but apparently it's not happening this weekend. Any moderators around who can address this issue?

posted in Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune on May 18, 15 8:26 AM
I have wanted this game since it was first released last year, but the glitches kept me from purchasing it. I have no idea if these have been fixed...but now that it is the DD I decided to take a chance. I figure, if the game is still unplayable I can always ask for my money back! I am hoping that it got fixed but I can't find any information about it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

posted in Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection on May 15, 15 6:21 AM
I did the beta for this game some time ago and really enjoyed it. It's not a hard game, nothing new about it, but I thought it was entertaining enough to pass time with. Definitely not worth the price of a CE though. Now the SE version is out I will be getting it - with a PCC. A good game for beginners.

posted in Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion on May 11, 15 5:12 AM
That has always been the case with this series. I agree - no trial version = no buy for me. I wish they would offer a trial, although I have bought a couple in the past in spite of this. Unfortunately, I have always regretted it. I have learned my lesson.

posted in True Detective Solitaire on Apr 29, 15 8:34 AM
In other solitaire games I have played there has been an option to choose whether to turn over one card or three cards. Maybe this one has that? I always prefer to turn over one card at a time. Nothing special about this game though, I think I'll give it a pass. I have other solitaire games which I enjoy more. Plus, the sale today just isn't enough incentive...and I don't want to start another punch card at the end of the month! For those of you who enjoy this type of game, give it a try; at least it's a change from HO games.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside on Apr 28, 15 12:04 PM
Emily? What happened to Kate? I guess they decided to totally re-vamp this series; new heroine, house is different, other family members are different. I liked the original house and characters....I think I'll replay one of those and give this one a miss. Maybe the next one will resemble the earlier ones.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Eternity Collector's Edition on Apr 26, 15 8:12 AM
I haven't even gotten around to playing the last Haunted Hotel game, and now this one is out! Guess I'm a little behind. Not sure if I will get this one or not; think I'll wait for a few more reviews (and a new month, and a better sale). Had this been a 50% off members price sale I would have gotten this one in a heartbeat...but not at 50% off retail. Luckily, now they no longer offer the regular BP Mondays I have managed to avoid starting another punch card - so no need to get anything else to finish one off before the end of the month. Thanks BF - you're saving me lots of money!

posted in Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition on Apr 6, 15 5:59 AM
FYI the codes from the weekend are still working, plus you get bonus punches. Time here is 10 a.m. on the east coast of Canada.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor Collector's Edition on Mar 29, 15 6:54 AM
My problem has nothing to do with the actual gameplay, I can't even get the darn thing to download completely. Have tried four times; gets up to about 25% and then crashes. Every time I have to start over from the beginning; not fun when you have limited downloads. In between I have managed to DL three other games so I know it's not the computer. Bought this one a week ago and still nowhere near playing it. Trying again but this one may turn into a refund. Frustrating. Also very surprising; this developer normally has excellent quality.

Very glad I chose the SE on this one. I feel a bit sad at how this series has gone downhill since the first couple. Oh, and the game really had very little to do with the original story by Poe. One thing I thought was rather strange - Dupin seems to have lost his French accent. Can't even pronounce LeBlanc properly! All in all, a very disappointing game. Very short, very easy.

I plan to get the SE, I didn't think the extras in the CE were worth the extra price. Plus I need something to use my PCCs on!

posted in Tales of the Shyre on Mar 9, 15 1:11 PM
The TM part of this one is good. The bubble part of it is not. If it wasn't for that I would probably get it...but I just can't handle that bubble/fruit thing. Too frustrating.

I used to buy every CE that came out; not anymore. Now I look for those that are a good length and have the extras I want. Otherwise, I wait for the SE. At least it gives me something to use my PCCs on! Also, with all the glitches in games lately, I always hope the SE won't have the same issues.

posted in The Big Secret of a Small Town on Mar 2, 15 5:08 PM
Had I been able to get a bit further in the game I might actually purchase it. However, I spent so much time stuck in various places that I didn't actually get very far. Just wish it had a journal, the hint is good but someplace to make notes would have been even better! I think this may be a new developer; hopefully their next game will include a journal and possibly a map. I will say that the little bit I played was good......frustrating, but good.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World on Feb 23, 15 5:24 AM
The extras weren't great enough for me to justify the CE but I did just purchase the SE. The sale code from the weekend is still working as well which was a nice bonus! Two punches and a sale price - happy Monday!

I played this one and enjoyed it but it was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I only have one issue - why can't the developer allow us to revisit the scenes to pick up any hares or statues we miss? I missed one hare and one statue so I don't have all the puzzle bits and apparently I have to replay the entire game just to get them. Guess my puzzle won't be completed any time soon. Frustrating. If they make another one in this series I hope it's more difficult than this one was.

I played this one and enjoyed it but it was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I only have one issue - why can't the developer allow us to revisit the scenes to pick up any hares or statues we miss? I missed one hare and one statue so I don't have all the puzzle bits and apparently I have to replay the entire game just to get them. Guess my puzzle won't be completed any time soon. Frustrating. If they make another one in this series I hope it's more difficult than this one was.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition on Feb 12, 15 7:15 AM
First of all, the sale today is of no use to me - I own every other game listed on the page. Secondly, while I don't mind 'helpers' I really don't care for buying them things, furnishing their homes, or dressing them up. Think I'll wait on this one, either for a better sale or the SE - whichever comes first. Actually, now I think of it, I haven't gotten around to playing the last Dark Dimensions game. Maybe I'll give that one a go instead.

posted in Undiscovered on Feb 2, 15 8:57 AM
Posting in here as it's the only unlocked thread in this forum. I was all set to get this one until I discovered (a) when I exited to buy my game manager had completely disappeared, had to shut down and restart to recover it; and (b) even though I played a good half of the demo I still have the full demo left. With issues like those I think I'll give it a miss. Don't need any more computer problems, thank you very much. And why are all the threads locked? Doesn't BFG want any input from members on this game?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator