Posts created by Cabbagepatcher

posted in Garden Panic on Dec 29, 10 5:05 AM
Any help would be much appreciated. The best I have done is to die on the very last level and I can't remember how I even got that far

posted in Garden Panic on Dec 29, 10 5:00 AM
You call up the next wave of pests early by clicking on it in the box at the bottom right hand of the screen. This will bring the wave on more or less instantly. Don't keep clicking or you will be overrun!

posted in Angelo on Nov 4, 10 12:10 AM
I lasted 14 minutes before I realised it wasn't going to get any better.

posted in Cat Wash on Dec 22, 09 12:30 AM
Folks, it says if you need extra help to click the help button. If you do that, it clearly says, "Click an employee, then a station to make the employee work at that station. Each cat needs to visit the station shown in the bubble over its head."
I have to say, if that is too hard to follow, stick to mind-numbing hidden object games.

posted in Cat Wash on Dec 22, 09 12:09 AM
I hope the fix is available soon for the stuck cats bug. I have had them stuck on the employees' faces and then you have to wait until the employee runs out of hearts and sits down, which takes ages. Also I have had them stuck on the wall, one cat stretched out to the whole width of the screen before I could get it off, which also took ages.
I agree it is a bit of a new twist on the TM games. So many of them are same-old same old, over and over again. I didn't find the tutorial particularly hard to follow and I've already played the game through once, so it's not that difficult. (I still don't think any TM games are as difficult as the Diner Dash series!)
My recommendation if the tutorials are hard to follow is to create another player and go back to the tutorial from the beginning. Usually I find if I have missed something I will come to grips with it then.

posted in Build It! Miami Beach Resort on Dec 18, 09 1:55 AM
I must admit I don't agree - I rarely play relaxed mode on any of my games, and if I do I lose interest because I feel like there is no point to it. But to each their own.

posted in Tropical Farm on Dec 16, 09 3:16 AM
I bought this because it seemed to run OK on my computer. Most games I have bought lately run slower and slower until I feel like screaming in frustration. No such problems with this one, but it's way too easy and boring.
And is it just me, or does the guy look kind of creepy?
I'm with GloomySunday though - I am so tired of Match 3 games and I DON'T like Hidden Object games! BFG please note we are not all Hidden Object Junkies!

posted in Gemini Lost on Oct 9, 09 4:46 AM
I think you have to dredge the lake before you can use the raft. I've not had any trouble talking to the spider.

posted in Gemini Lost on Oct 9, 09 4:39 AM
Place it squarely on the person before you release the mouse.

posted in Lost in Reefs on Jan 28, 09 4:22 AM
I purchased this game as I hadn't purchased a Match 3 for a while and I liked the fact that you can change the game settings around. Not sure if it's going to be a keeper for me though.

posted in Floating Kingdoms ™ on Dec 27, 08 5:47 PM
I didn't really get a good shot at the trial because it ran as slow as molasses on my computer. In the time they were building the first castle I managed to sort and put on a load of washing, have a smoke and clean out the cats' litterboxes. When I came back they were still building the castle. I tried to re-set to small screen which sometimes speeds things up but some games won't let you do that in the middle of a level and this, alas, was one of them.
A big disappointment especially after taking about an hour and a half to download in the first place.

posted in Home Sweet Home: Christmas Edition on Dec 25, 08 5:23 AM
It's a good thing we're all different and all like different things. Obviously there is a market for these, but it sure as heck isn't me. I hadn't played an HSH before and I don't think anything could induce me to continue with this game after trying it for half an hour. Sorry BFG, and all you HSH fans, but this truly is mind-numbing. "There's not enough Christmas cheer in the room." Bah humbug!

posted in Ashtons: Family Resort on Dec 25, 08 5:11 AM
It's pretty bland as TM games go and I agree it is sexist. There are plenty of other games with much worse English than this one, however. I agree that BFG should insist that they be proofread prior to release. Heck, I'll even volunteer for the job.

posted in Farm Mania on Dec 25, 08 3:17 AM
I must admit I prefer Grandpa the way he is. It's part of the strategy to work out where to send him next.

posted in Farm Mania on Dec 25, 08 2:55 AM
Meowfish is right - those big round yellow things are definitely melons.

posted in My Tribe on Dec 24, 08 5:47 AM
I thought this game was too similar to VV to warrant buying it. If I hadn't already got VV I might have considered it, though.
* BTW BossBrat, you can change the names of the Virtual Villagers also to whatever you want, just backspace to delete the existing name and type in whatever takes your fancy.

posted in Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ on Dec 24, 08 4:09 AM
Good point Suziewife, I hate it when she says that too, and then I fumble around trying to get rid of her speech bubble which really distracts me.
Another thing which frustrates me is when you click on a building to see its points upgrade status and accidentally pick up a worker instead, also when you click on the town hall to bring up the selection of workers I think you should be able to click on the Town Hall again to make it disappear rather than have to move off the Town Hall and click the ground. Sometimes I miss and click a worker I didn't want instead.
Apart from these small quibbles, I have to confess, I'm addicted.

posted in Farmer Jane on Sep 26, 08 7:09 AM
calisews wrote:I played this game for one level then uninstalled it. Guess I am just too spoiled to Ranch Rush. I didn't like that Farmer Jane could only do one thing at a time and that you could not click ahead to keep her moving. It was just a little to simple for my taste.

You can click ahead to keep her moving and I'm not sure what you mean by only doing one thing at a time - the girl in Ranch Rush only does one thing at a time too.
I agree the graphics in Ranch Rush are much better but I've given up on it, it annoys me too much that you can't see the whole screen at once and those screeching ostriches drive me insane....

posted in Farm Frenzy on Sep 25, 08 6:39 AM
Does yours run better in Windows mode Nanny 19? Although mine wasn't freezing, it just ran really slowly. The further I got in the game, the slower it went.

posted in Farmer Jane on Sep 25, 08 5:21 AM
Hi Autigger88
Purchasing a higher level for the fields doesn't give you more fields, it makes them yield faster and gives you a higher chance of a prize crop. The extra fields just come automatically at certain levels of each farm.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator