Posts created by sapphire46

posted in Sea of Lies: Mutiny of the Heart Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 13 5:58 AM
cherbtoo wrote:My issue isn't with this game it is with the Game Manager that wouldn't let me even download the game after buying it!!!

First of all it uninstalled the existing GM and then installed a newer? version.

I clicked Install, I clicked Run ... no game appeared in the queue

I closed the GM and reopened it

I clicked Install, I clicked Run ... the game appeared in the queue

Hallelujah the game installed at last

This just isn't good enough BFG, please get the problem sorted.

I have had this problem since the new GM.
I usually close the GM then re-open it and it seem to work. Sometimes its downloading and the GM says there is nothing to download. Just click on My Games and that disappears also. Funny things going on at BF.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 20, 13 7:00 AM
Click on the balloon to buy more men.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 20, 13 6:59 AM
I find it soo frustrating with these dragons. I only play relaxed because I don't want stress, but this is ridiculous. The towers do not work, and what's the good of playing if they burn everything all the time. Not enjoyable any more... I have nearly finished, but what is the point.....all I am doing is repairing all the time. Not good. I understand if you don't have all the towers, but I do. The last level I attempted, there were only 2 tower places, which I built, but they did not do anything to stop the dragons, so it was a waste of time playing...I HAVE GIVEN THE GAME UP.

posted in Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition on Aug 17, 13 8:58 AM
gale129 wrote:I can't get the game to start the download. My PC runs the security scan and usually it starts the download right after, highlighting my bigfish app in the process. However, when I go to my BF app, nothing is there. I have attempted to save the download instead of run too. The security check runs and then it gives me the option to "run" from the download file. I clicked on run here as well and it still will not start the download. I also tried running as administrator from the folder it created. Nothing. My BF account shows two less credits than just prior to selecting purchase so I am good on that issue. Help anyone???

Update!! I closed out my BF app, went to the BF site and to my purchases tab. My purchase was listed (thank goodness) and I clicked install from there. The security check ran as usual and as I waited with baited breath, it opened my BF app and started the download. Posted just in case someone else has this issue. I download an average of two games a week and this is a first for me.

Just to jump in there gale 129, I have had that problem quite a few times with this new GM, so I do what you did, go to my purchases in the web site and download from there. Seems to work. I don't think we are the only ones.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 5, 13 3:54 AM
Thanks dk5793 I wasn't going to try this going by the previous posters saying no relaxed mode. I, like them, play for relaxation not stress. I doesn't bother me about stars etc. Just like to finish the level at my own pace. I have not long started playing Time Management games, so still finding out what to do in most games, so don't need time hassles. lol

ETA Thanks ozalchemyst. Totally agree

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two on Apr 2, 13 7:13 AM
JojoI'm in the UK and have downloaded both Books as I have just started playing T/M and Strategy games. I have Virgin cable and it took only 2 mins to download both of them.
I don't seem to have the problems some of you have. Now I've said that I probably will...lol

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn on Feb 2, 13 10:33 AM
This hasn't worked for me......I am stuck I think at chapter 6, Trying to give Abby chocolate, But it will not accept it, keeps telling me to talk to her. I have checked the walkthrough to make sure I have done everything right, and I have. Have uninstalled and installed the new version...doesn't work!!!! I have had no problems up until now, unlike some of you....This is soooo frustrating !!! What a waste of a day.....
It's not my computer....So please BF don't try and blame it....This game is seriously glitched...these should have been sorted before given to us to purchase.
Has anybody finished the game? The person who wrote the walkthrough must have, how come there were no glitches there.
I will come back to try again, but at the moment I am too cross.....If it is still the same I will be asking for a refund credit...

ETA I went back and tried again and found I had to have the speech window open to give Abby the chocolate. Everything was fine from then on No problems. Silly me !!
Forgive me for my outburst, but there were soo many problems people were having, I thought this was another.

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Nov 18, 12 2:13 AM
happyme76 wrote:I got to where you have to put the 2 piano keys on the organ put them on, and it keeps telling me that I have to put the keys on the organ
Anybody else get this glitch?

Same here....everything working fine, ignored C++. Put piano keys in place, but that's it, it won't accept them.
Popped in here first before I tried anything to see if this was a common problem. Didn't even reach yacht...lol

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Oct 25, 12 9:21 AM
This is what I wrote in heading 'stuck in cabin'

I have just finished the game and had one glitch. In the cabin the screen went black. Had to escape using Control,Alt,Del. so therefore it rebooted. This time instead of going back to the game via Game Manager I used the computer. It worked!! Don't know whether it would have done via the GM. but as I have tried this before and had it work, I did it this time. Curser a bit sticky in places but at least no more glitches...

Try it it might help.....

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Oct 25, 12 9:18 AM
I have just finished the game and had one glitch. In the cabin the screen went black. Had to escape using Control,Alt,Del. so therefore it rebooted. This time instead of going back to the game via Game Manager I used the computer. It worked!! Don't know whether it would have done via the GM. but as I have tried this before and had it work, I did it this time. Curser a bit sticky in places but at least no more glitches...

I seem to be having a different problem in the bonus..
I had no problem in the main game, I got Rudo's face in my inventory OK. It's the bonus game....the keys to unlock the door. I have used the eye to find all the locks but when I use the key with the pattern of the orbs it freezes. I cannot move, no curser nothing..
This is the second game I have had trouble with in the bonus. Echos of the Past - Revenge of the Witch was the other. No patch for that one either.....We pay a lot more money for these CE games. Why can't they be tested properly?
Don't say its my graphics card, because it is not. That seems to be the favorite answer... Its just so frustrating. The game was excellent, now this has spoiled it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

OZZIE, SHORENUF, and SPIRIT

Hope you all have a great day

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 12 3:53 AM
Thanks Ozzie... You have just saved me trying to find games to fill up another card..

Update still not cured the problem with HOS in bonus section.
Installed update STILL THE SAME!! can't get shovel... can't did up root... can't carry on!!!
VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

Liberty1234 wrote:
gingergal wrote:I either exited the game (properly through main menu etc) in the middle of the hidden object scene in the bonus or I didn't pick up the shovel at the end (can't remember) but now when I am in the bonus I don't have the shovel, can't get back into the hidden object scene and have done everything else. Looked at walkthrough and I'm stuck,

I tried to restart the bonus game from the beginning but don't think I can? There is no way I am replaying this from the beginning of the whole game!

So frustrating as it seems I can't finish the game?

edit - I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still the same.

Me too, I can't get the HOS for the shovel, to get the root, in the bonus game. Please get a fix.

Been waiting on a fix for this problem for ages.... Update still doesn't work!!!

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 23, 12 5:04 AM
YAY.... I betaed this and been waiting for it to be released..

Buying straight away...

posted in Howlville: The Dark Past on Jul 25, 12 8:46 AM
02bkiwi wrote:Had the same issue with a dialoge box not closing. Went to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling for the fix. Managed to close the original stuck dialogue box but a few minutes later a new dialogue box pops up and surprise, surprise - this one won't close either.

Why bother - lost all interest in the game which really bites as I never leave a game unfinished.

Same here O2b. Ive just asked for my money back. If you look in the log book it has duplicated the page...
I can honestly say I have never had this much trouble with BF before. I guess I must have been lucky and its now my turn...lol

posted in Howlville: The Dark Past on Jul 25, 12 8:26 AM
I have just re installed the game with the so called update.....
Yes it got rid of the speach box the first time, but when I went to click on the machine to enter the card the same speech box came up again, and yes it got stuck!!!
It has also entered a duplicate page in the log book..
Not a good update.....

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 12 4:39 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know, the pipe game is still broke.........I have just finished playing and had to reinstall then skip to carry on. The first time around I didn't even have a skip button to press. It just wasn't lighting up.
ERS is one of my favourite devs and I usually have no problems with them. I had the matches and all the other glitches were fine, just the pipes, It spoilt it for me.I didn't want to play the whole thing again, so skipped.
I only hope the devs read these comments and really check through the games next time.... all of the game...not just the beta bits.

marlo327 wrote:I'm so stuck. Have the numbers but don't seem to be able to play with the eye chart.
I look at the Strategy Guide, but I still don't know how to apply the numbers to the chart. Please help. When, oh, when will we get a walkthrough? Teddo

Don't know whether you have found the solution yet but if not, use your magnifying glass from the inventory on the bottom line, write it down. The look on toe tags in mortuary. Take note of heights, eg 4.2. equals line 4, 2 letter, and so on, then you have a name.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator