Posts created by lesleyvance501

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Aug 12, 13 12:48 AM
I think the mustard is actually fire and it means the burger is hot. It will disappear if you take it off the oven after a while. I never saw a blue mark.

posted in Rescue Team 3 on Aug 10, 13 11:53 AM
Finally!! I thought I was going to have to stay up all night It just seemed that I got this award by chance, not skill.

posted in Rescue Team 3 on Aug 10, 13 9:54 AM
I built the food first and upgraded at least one of them co I could break up the wood piles. I built the lowest bridge as soon as I had the wood and broke up wood piles closest to the fire right away. It stops the spread. then I built the helipad and rescued one person. I man the sawmill just once to get wood for building bridges and I prioritized building the bridges over building the gas stations because once you have the bridge, you can get all the wood piles and have plenty to build gas stations. I got gold a couple of times that way. I hope it helps.

posted in Rescue Team 3 on Aug 10, 13 9:33 AM
So, I got gold on this level by avoiding breaking some of the big rocks. I cleared a path to the non-injured people who could work for me and the rescuers right away. I also cleared a path to and built the hospital and the police station. I did not break the large rock above the hospital, only the small rock to the left of it. I built the second food stand, but I just let a robber take it and never sent the police after him. I kept the upgraded food stand manned until I got my 300 food. Then I built and upgraded all the houses as soon as I could and kept them manned as much as possible, curing injured people to work in houses as gold became available. Also I did not break the rocks surrounding the second doctor and the last house ever. And, I did not break the little rock that separates two injured people from the hospital. The robbers come out just above that rock and they have to take the long way if you never break it. That saves you 350 gold total in rock breaking. Hope that helps

posted in Rescue Team 3 on Aug 10, 13 9:09 AM
This achievement is driving me crazy!!!!!!

posted in Rescue Team 3 on Aug 10, 13 4:01 AM
I got gold on this level by going clearing the my way to the second saw mill and the wharf first. You start out with enough fuel to rescue one person. Then you clear the way to the gold so you can break all the rocks and get to all the free fuel. Use the free fuel and the boat speed to rescue some more people (furthest away) to work for you. Then upgrade and man the saw mills first so you can get enough wood to build the helipad. Then build, upgrade and man as much as possible all the gas stations except for the one that is the furthest away. I didn't even bother with it. Remember to send the boat and the helicopter out at the same time if possible. Hope that helps

posted in Kingdom Tales on Aug 7, 13 9:58 PM
I haven't gotten that far through the game yet, but after playing a few levels, it informs me that I have earned the rank of Duke. Then, later, it tells me I have earned the rank of Baron. Am I wrong or did I just get demoted?

posted in Royal Defense on Jun 12, 13 3:39 AM
To target an enemy, you just click on him. You know he is targeted because he will get a little red target sign above his head. If one of your weapons is not shooting at him, he is probably not in range yet.

I have played all the levels except for the hardest level 20. I thought I might like to get some more gems first and buy some more upgrades, but it seems like a lot of work and I have so many upgrades to buy. Does anyone know what we are doing to earn a gem? It seems even when I play the same level over, I get different amounts of gems and I can't figure out why.

posted in 300 Dwarves on Apr 30, 13 6:44 AM
You guys are further than I am. I played through the first three or so levels and then on the next level, skull crush pass, I couldn't get three gold. I tried over and over again and just couldn't get it. So I moved on and came back. Finally, I reset my upgrades. I used only the bombs and the rangers, so I only upgraded those and the special powers. I filled up the slots before upgrading any towers and I alternated between those slots at the entrances where the bad guys come out and the slots at the finish line. I killed the level. Nothing got through and I hardly had to work at it. I may finally have the hang of this

posted in 300 Dwarves on Apr 30, 13 6:38 AM
I LOVE this game but, to be fair, it is difficult to figure out what the advantages/disadvantages are to each tower type and what the strengths/weaknesses are of each foe. The descriptions in the game are super long-winded without really explaining anything. Still, this is my new favorite game.

posted in 300 Dwarves on Apr 30, 13 5:34 AM
I am also frustrated by the lack of discussion for 300 dwarves. As a genre of games, I LOVE these tower defense games. Normally I play time management games, but as a Mac owner, I'm not getting much in that department. So, I tried 300 dwarves and I think this whole genre may be just the thing to tide me over while I am waiting for a new time management game to come out. I also think this game is difficult. I can never decide what towers to build and whether or not to add a new tower or upgrade one I already have.

posted in Ancient Rome 2 on Jan 13, 13 12:43 AM
I played the game until the fire level and also got fed up with it, but then I read about the prefectures. I might be going overboard with it, but every third or fourth house is a prefecture in my games and I have no problems with fires. Also, I have learned to start with production (and lots of prefectures especially near the woodcutters) and get more than one trade house and keep them trading and the money comes in then pretty good too.

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Jan 6, 13 1:39 AM
I haven't gotten this level, but I have come close. Why do they bother having the burger are open if the customers aren't going to order it? This level is crazy

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Jan 5, 13 12:49 AM
I played this level in order and got the customers to request the pink cone by having it on the display shelf. It was close tho. That last order comes in with seconds to spare

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 9:02 PM
Sorry I am replying and I have no suggestions, but the same thing happened to me and I want my award too!!!

posted in Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt on Jul 31, 12 8:02 AM
You only get 5 happiness when you first build the house. Then upgrading four times will give you five more happiness for 10. Then you must build a garden or brewery next to your house for even more happiness.

posted in Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt on Jul 31, 12 8:00 AM
Upgrading a fourth time says it will double your happiness, but I think they are only referring to the five happiness you get to start with. So the fourth upgrade only gets you an extra five. You have to build your house on a property adjacent to a city building (well +5, garden +10, brewery +15, granary +20 or senet +25) or a civic building (school +5, library +5, barracks +10 or court house +15). If you upgrade four times, you have plus 10, if your building is also next to a garden, you get 10 more for plus 20. Watch out for groups of three or four. The garden will boost all the houses connected to it. You could also only upgrade three times and be adjacent to a brewery and you will have +20 that way.

posted in Youda Safari on Jul 30, 12 2:02 AM
I get a little frustrated with the frequency of the photo ops, but other than that I am enjoying this game.

posted in Youda Safari on Jul 30, 12 1:59 AM
Puffinpower - I think you are done with USA and the stars mean you got all gold. Once you finish Brazil or Europe, they will have stars too.

posted in Youda Safari on Jul 30, 12 1:57 AM
tm501 - I think there are just less levels to play because that's kind of the beginner safari. I could be wrong, but that's what my USA level looks like too. I think those are stars floating around the level and that means you got all your upgrades or you are done or something

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator