Posts created by Fifiluna614

posted in Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed on Nov 17, 15 4:12 PM
The numbers are 19 - 5 - 4

posted in League of Light: Silent Mountain on Oct 27, 15 2:27 PM
I am almost through with the game and I am stuck on the egg puzzle. I need the leaf with water in order to complete it, but the leaf no longer shows up in my inventory. According to the walkthrough it should still be there even though I used it once, but it seems to have disappeared. What a shame, because I was loving the game until now.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy on Oct 24, 15 11:13 PM
This game seemed incredibly short to me, otherwise it's a typical offering from Elephant Games.

They use the device of having a single mini-game consisting of many parts. I don't mind this type of puzzle, but I hated the fact that you can't skip one of the parts without skipping the whole thing. Very frustrating if you've managed to solve all but the last part!

I also truly disliked having to "scan" the scene to look for 3 or 4 tiny little symbols on a monochromatic background. They are incredibly difficult to spot, and we should have been provided a "magic eye" to find them like they did in previous games. Why mess with what works?

A pretty good game with a plot and location that's a bit different from the norm. I enjoyed playing and I'm not disappointed that I bought it.

posted in Midnight Calling: Anabel on Oct 22, 15 3:39 PM
I liked this game a lot. The jump map was very helpful, showing where tasks could be performed. The mini games as well as the hidden object scenes were varied from easy to hard, which was nice: something for everyone!

The gameplay wasn't especially imaginative. It consisted mostly of finding the right shapes to fit into the right slots in order to find more shapes. Ho-hum. But the graphics were beautiful, the music was appropriately creepy, and the voices fit the characters.

Overall I thought it was fun to play, and the story wraps up neatly (sort of) at the end. I recommend it.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence on Oct 6, 15 10:44 PM
It's worse for me: no sound plus the cursor drags and the animation moves slowly. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but that didn't work. Think I'll ask for my money back.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity on Oct 4, 15 4:46 PM
If you have any kind of scientific and/or mechanical bent, then this game's for you. I am skilled in neither of those areas, so I found many of the mini games to be challenging. In easy mode they were all skippable, thank goodness. I felt the entire game was geared toward "techies", but I enjoyed it anyway. I thought the story line was a nice change from the witches and monsters I've seen a lot of lately. Good job, Eipix!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy on Sep 6, 15 12:46 PM
Uh oh. I really wanted to buy this game because it looks interesting and I have all the other games in the Mystey Trackers series. However, the screen freezes when I change scenes, often as long as 15 seconds. It makes me feel as if the entire game will crash at any moment. It even took a full 30 seconds to exit to the menu!

Sorry, I just can't take the chance so I won't be buying this game.

posted in Witches' Legacy: Slumbering Darkness on Sep 3, 15 10:00 PM
The map froze at the beginning of the last chapter and I was unable to access it again until almost the end. Suddenly it started to work again! A minor glitch, I guess, because it didn't spoil my overall enjoyment of the game.

posted in Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case on Sep 2, 15 9:21 PM
OMG, I'm so glad it's over! Where do I begin? The stupid technique required to question each suspect was ridiculous and incomprehensible. I just kept clicking my mouse until it was over each time. And the mini-games! Half the time the instructions made no sense and the other half the puzzles were tedious and time consuming. I skipped most of them after only a cursory look.

The gameplay was boring and the flow made no sense - thank goodness for the jump map or I would never have finished. But one of the worst characteristics is that you have to place an object on the exact, tiny spot or it won't register. In other words, you may know you need to use a ladder here, but if you don't click on the very small sweet spot, the ladder won't stay put. Aaaargh!

Too boring. Too frustrating. Save your money.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 on Aug 31, 15 9:33 AM
Wow, I played the demo and the "creep" factor seems to be off the scale. It reminds me very much of Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome with its sinister, dis-embodied voice putting you thru a series of tests. I liked that game a lot, so I'll probably purchase this one, too.

posted in Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows on Aug 27, 15 11:51 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if we are all reviewing the same game. First of all, I had no technical problems with the game at all - no glitches whatsoever. Secondly, I thought the length was great, not too short by any means.

And lastly, I did NOT think it was too easy. In fact, if it weren't for the map showing where action needed to be taken, I would very often have been clueless as to where to go next. There are lots and lots of areas, and many of the areas have two realms: the real one and the "shadow" one. How could anyone possibly keep all that in their head?

The hidden object scenes are fun, with some requiring the use of spells and others requiring an item from your inventory to complete them. The mini-games vary from easy to hard, and there were a few I've never seen before.

All-in-all I found the game to be fun and imaginative, and I'll probably come back and play it again after a while. And in case you are wondering, I own hundreds of Big Fish games and consider myself a good solid "intermediate" player. I'm not a child or a beginner, and I enjoyed this game immensely.

posted in Beyond: Light Advent on Aug 25, 15 10:01 AM
Wow, I'm liking this game so far! I finished the demo and it's VERY different - almost more story than gameplay, like an interactive movie. Some people will like that, and others won't. Personally, I'm hooked. A definite buy!

posted in Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville on Aug 20, 15 10:54 AM
This is a really great game. The jump map is excellent and the story line pulls you right in. There was variation in the types of hidden object scenes and you have the option of playing match three instead, (which I took advantage of each time you had to look for morphing objects.)

I thought the puzzles were fun and not too difficult. The gameplay was smooth and logical. I give it a definite recommendation. In fact, I intend to play it again!

posted in Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book on Aug 17, 15 10:43 PM
Once again, what could have been a great game is marred by a useless map. It's supposed to be a map with exclamation points showing where action can be taken. However, when you go there (and you have to go under your own steam - no jump feature) you find there really is no action to be taken there. I had to keep hitting the hint button to find my way around, and I hate that.

I could forgive some of the game's other little quirks, but that awful map ruined it for me.

posted in Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece on Aug 14, 15 7:03 AM
I didn't like it at all. The graphics were too "old school" and the hidden objects scenes were tedious. In fact, they slowed the gameplay down to such an extent that I lost interest and didn't even finish the demo. I will definitely not be purchasing this game.

posted in Off The Record: Liberty Stone on Jul 28, 15 12:21 PM
I am usually pretty forgiving of these games, but this one is a disaster. The map is all but useless. It presents itself as interactive, but when you try to go to an active area, it will say "the path to this area is blocked." Really? You've got to be kidding me! I had to resort to the hint button to navigate around, and I hate that.

They also tried to get cutesy with the hidden object scenes by showing silhouettes only. That would be OK if you were looking for that thing - but no!, you are looking for objects RELATED to the silhouetted object! And when the hint button (yes, I had to use that plenty of times) finally points you to the correct thing, you often discover the relationship to the silhouette can be pretty far-fetched.

The flow of the game/story is awful as well. Someone has been poisoned and needs an antidote! Then let me run back and forth between the last three scenes looking for objects and performing tasks that have absolutely nothing to do with saving him. By the time I get back to him, he should have been long dead. Couldn't they have had me doing these things before I came across a dying man? The interruptions like this are so ill-timed that I completely lost track of the story line.
They took the time to concoct a pretty involved plot, but they may as well have saved themselves the effort.

There is no redemption with the mini-games either. They are usually poorly explained and often tedious.

I couldn't wait for the game to end. I do NOT recommend it.

posted in Forgotten Kingdoms: The Ruby Ring on Jul 21, 15 6:36 PM
I like it! There's a jump map that shows where actions need to be taken and the hidden object scenes vary in type. Sure, we've seen this story before, but I think this is a fresh take on the "save the kingdom" theme.

With the help of the map the flow of the game is smooth, and I found myself getting caught up in it for long periods. In my opinion, a definite thumbs up!

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon on Jul 19, 15 7:23 PM
This game is very glitchy. It will often freeze for a few seconds. Sometimes when I clicked on the sparkles indicating a hidden object scene, the screen would go completely black for a short while. Very annoying.

posted in New York Mysteries: High Voltage on Jul 9, 15 11:01 AM
I think this is an excellent game. It has a jump map that shows where actions need to be taken and the hint system works outside of the hidden object scenes. The hidden object scenes themselves are inter-active: you find items which have to be used on other items, etc. Fortunately they aren't as ridiculously hard as they are in some other games I've played, in fact, they're fun.

The game isn't exactly linear, meaning you can perform actions out of sequence. This can present a problem when you come to say, a clock, and it tells you to set the time according to a clue you've seen before, and you know you haven't seen this clue. You have a choice of moving on and trying to locate the clue, or just hit "solve" and be done with it. I admit I'm impatient and tended to do the latter.

I thought the mini-games were very easy, which is fine with me. I dislike it when a mini-game is so difficult or time-consuming that I lose my momentum in the gameplay. I know some people who like more of a challenge with these games may be disappointed.

The story itself was unusual - not the same old saving someone from something's evil clutches. There is a lot of science going on and references to the work of Nicola Tesla. I was engaged in the story the entire time. The ending is abrupt and a bit disappointing, but that didn't ruin the overall experience for me.

I definitely recommend this game. In fact, I'm going to make a note to replay it later. I think it will be just as much fun the second time around.

posted in Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown on Jul 1, 15 9:46 PM
This is one of my favorite games by this developer. It pulled me in and kept me entertained, much like the first Grim Facade. I didn't think it was too easy at all; in fact it was just right for me. It had a lot of areas and you were very often carrying a lot of inventory items, so the jump map showing areas of interest was absolutely essential. Puzzles ranged from easy to way too hard, so I played some and skipped some.

I definitely recommend this game!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator