Posts created by CynthiaV

posted in Fishdom - Spooky Splash on Oct 12, 09 2:30 PM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Okay I have a horrible confession to make <gulp>

I never put any of the comfort items except the light in any of my tanks. I want my screen saver to just be pretty and I don't think the feeder etc. is pretty so I only put the light and fish and whatever ornaments in and leave it at that.

That's how I did it with the original Fishdom too and I've never had a fish die.

"Confessions of a Stingray..." LOL

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 1, 09 4:40 PM
As already stated by everyone, the graphics are phenomenal -- outstanding. I have only played about 10 minutes but have never seen anything quite so beautiful in a game and yes I have all the Ravenhursts. The music too is perfect -- very moody and atmospheric. One for which I will definitely keep the sound turned on. I didn't find it extremely easy to find objects but I am not an all out iHOG fan -- prefer BuildALot type games so if you are like me you may need to use a hint or two.

Am intrigued by the warning of disturbing images and may purchase just to see what lurks in the shadows... Will make sure I leave the lights on in the house when I do

Many have stated how short the game is but even though I'm not a game developer or programmer I know that a lot of work went into this game and so I am not surprised. Kind of like the early animated movies -- beautifully done but short because they were so time intensive -- labors of love. I'm betting there's a sequel and it will be longer -- maybe this one is just to, "test the waters." So, if you like it you should buy it if you can afford to do so. I'm going to~ciao

posted in Paradise Beach on Sep 26, 09 6:30 PM
I love this game and bought it right away, even before the demo ended. Love the Build a Lot series, etc and this is a bit like it but without the pressure of the clock. Although it does record how long it takes you to meet goals you can't fail (at least I haven't so far) and must admit I get carried away making it nice and sometimes forget which goals I need to meet. They are listed on the top of the screen for the easily distracted like me.

Graphics are cute, I love watching the life guards save drowning victims and security guards taking care of vandals -- very clever and my kudos to the developers. So far I haven't had any of the glitches I have seen mentioned and have my fingers crossed that they don't pop up as I get further into the game. Sorry so many fishies are having problems because it is a cute relaxing game. The only annoyance I have is that the darn little people are so hard to keep happy. They get very annoyed if there is anyone standing in line ahead of them for ice cream, fruit, surf board rentals, etc. Geesh for goodness sakes--show a little patience

All an all I give it

posted in Kitchen Brigade on Sep 26, 09 6:24 PM
Fun game very similar to Cooking Academy and unfortunately that's why I didn't purchase it -- it just requires too much mouse clicking. Click to chop, click to move the ingredients, click, click, click and my arthritic wrists and fingers just can't take all that clicking. But for those who don't have this problem this game is a lot of fun, has great graphics and a sensible storyline. Can't say how the music is because I always play with sound off. But I give it a

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Aug 22, 09 12:54 PM
I'm loving this game too and I too think the fairy's voice is appropriate. I'm loving it and wouldn't even mind if she had an accent -- British would be cool or any other because I like different accents. The designers have also given you text if you don't like the voice overs so my suggestion to those who find the voice/s annoying to just turn down the volume and read the text. I personally find this boring and don't like a game with too much text.

Great graphics, fun minigames and fast filing hints. What's not to like? I give it and

PS - pls stop asking for spoilers on this thread since it might ruin it for those fishies who just want to read comments and reviews. Thank you - no offense to anyone pleeze

posted in City Style on Aug 15, 09 8:58 AM
I kind of like this game but am on the fence whether to purchase it or not. My decision isn't because I don't like the game but because I already have so many HOGs (but they are of the find the guns and knives variety ). Also, I'm not sure how long the game is and with my rationing of credits I'm always afraid that I'll spend a credit a day before a really lengthy and wonderful game comes out!

Oh well. All in all I think its a cute game and not just for kids. Its nice to have a game like this in your collection for when the macabre and dark games get to you -- this game is definitely colorful, light and happy.

posted in Create A Mall on Aug 2, 09 10:45 AM
I posted this elsewhere but will post it here too:

I had a problem with this game too but finally got it to work. Seems my anti-virus program kept seeing something in the install file that it thought was a trojan virus so it prevented the game from loading. Since its BFG I knew that this couldn't be true (fins crossed) and told the program to ignore it and then the game played fine. I did have to uninstall and reinstall.

I suggest you contact CS if you want to play the game. They may be able to help with your particular problem. Its a cute game and well worth the demo at the very least if you like BAL style games.

I recommend you contact CS -- they are really great here at BFG -- good luck!

PS - welcome to all the new fishies

posted in Create A Mall on Aug 2, 09 10:41 AM
I had a problem with this game too but finally got it to work. Seems my anti-virus program kept seeing something in the install file that it thought was a trojan virus so it prevented the game from loading. Since its BFG I knew that this couldn't be true (fins crossed) and told the program to ignore it and then the game played fine. I did have to uninstall and reinstall.

I suggest you contact CS if you want to play the game. They may be able to help with your particular problem. Its a cute game and well worth the demo at the very least if you like BAL style games.

posted in Hotel Mogul on Jul 29, 09 7:29 PM
I'm a huge fan of the BAL games and can't wait for #4. Thought I'd try this one in the meantime but I found it very boring. I can't put my finger on it but this game is missing something. I guess I'm spoiled by the BAL series but it is very annoying that your properties need repair and there doesn't seem to be a way to stop this. Perhaps something is available in later levels but I just couldn't last that long. Sorry, all in all not a bad game just no oomph. Not my (that's supposed to be a cup of tea)

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 26, 09 4:21 PM
So far I've played through half this demo. All in all I like the game for many of the same reasons others have stated: great graphics, nice music, interesting storyline, unlimited hints. But I also don't like it because as others have mentioned some of the objects are way too small and fuzzy. This is very surprising to me because the graphics are very crisp and clear but the objects are so small that they are practically invisible. For example, I had to find a rabbit in the first scene -- even after using two hints (which draws a circle around the approximate spot) I still had to blindly click and finally, "found" it. Still not quite sure what it looked like because I never actually saw it

So I'm still on the fence with this one. Wish as someone else mentioned that there was a magnifer or that the objects were just a bit larger. It would have been a nearly perfect game. Oh well guess you can't have everything...

posted in Aquapolis on Jul 12, 09 8:38 PM
thanks nnbnoble - I did a uninstall/reinstall and it seems to have fixed this glitch and also the timer glitch -- go figure...lol thanks again

posted in Aquapolis on Jul 12, 09 6:38 PM
Has anyone had this happen to them? I'll be playing the game and houses will need fixing and the hammer will appear but when you click on the house there is no button to click to repair and the hammer just won't go away. I've tried selling the house and even demolishing the house and yet the hammer remains. Hopefully this will be fixed in the new version too? (fins crossed)

posted in Townopolis: Gold on Jul 12, 09 8:55 AM
suzangh: You're not wrong -- it does say Hidden Object Game.

Townopolis: GoldWatch When Katya, a young explorer with no memory of her past, awakens on Kuros, she finds a mysterious alien world teetering on the brink of destruction. Determined to piece together her forgotten life, she sets out to explore her strange surroundings. With the guidance of six unique allies, help Katya explore five elemental realms and heal the mysterious and damaged glyphstones that govern the landscape in this exciting Hidden Object game!

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 11, 09 12:36 PM
margie134 wrote:
lineck wrote:Thankyou (fin clap) I have a problem in the first scene with the Moons
I have 4 discs one is Crescent (orange or blue) the nest is halfmoon (orange or blue) the third is full moon (orange or blue) the forth does not change it is dark orange.

Looking at the answers in the forum I cannot change them like the wall the shapes do not change on the disc only the colour. What am I doing

lineck

Hi Lineck, l will send you a PM with a screenshot right now

Margie B

Margie -- would you be so kind as to PM me too? I have been stuck on this puzzle for the longest time and just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance....

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 11, 09 11:34 AM
sillyfeet wrote: TGT is not going to have it's own thread...rather the reviews for the newest game will be in that game forum. So just go to the forum for that particular game and you will be able to read reviews. I understand there is some sort of link to "newest game forum" but it is not working right now...so just go to "all game forums" and find the forum you are looking for.

Thanks Silly - that makes sense and I agree that it will be easier that way to find reviews anytime if they are contained in one post on the game's forum page. My only other hope is that the review post is stickied so that it doesn't get buried. Thanks again...

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 11, 09 10:35 AM
sillyfeet wrote:So basically, a few of you are saying that you don't care how BF has it set up (that TGT gets it's own forum right away)...you don't agree with it not being in chit chat and you're going to talk about it in chit-chat anyway, even though this is BF's forum and this is how they have it set up. and if the mods have to move it, oh well, this is the way YOU want it to be?

If we (and I mean that "we" generically, as in anybody who does this...) are going to lecture newbies on how the forums work, and to "post in the right place" then we really ought to follow those rules ourselves.

Oh silly -- you scold so nicely! Thanks for reminding us to always try and be good

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 11, 09 10:33 AM
I'm so confused now -- I used to always visit Chit-Chat corner to see Poodle's reviews which are wonderful -- your's too LK--but now if I'm understanding this correctly (sorry fuzzy brain from RA meds) now I just go to the TGT thread and that's where all the reviews, etc. will be? (somebody help me here pleeze )

I guess if that's it than its because wants to keep the pond nice and neat like others have said and it will be easier once we get used to it.

I never ever buy a game anymore without checking out what other gamers like Poodle, LK, Silly, prpldva, Small, princess, ghost, mummy, Cyndo, Gee, cesse (sorry if I missed anyone) say about it first. I made that mistake in the past and regretted it. So please don't stop Poodle -- your reviews are awesome. Ditto to the others who take the time to always post -- so wherever makes us swim upstream to, please don't stop posting. Thanks

posted in Aquapolis on Jun 28, 09 9:35 PM
bluesinew wrote:This game will not run, immediately at start-up I get a message that the game requires Macromedia Flash player. I downloaded and installed the latest flash player, even though I had it already installed, and it still doesn't work. This has not happened with any other game.Anyone know why?

bluesinew -- sorry I don't know why you're having this issue. Have you tried uninstalling your flash player and then reinstalling it? I've had that problem a few times on other websites and an uninstall/reinstall always has helped. I recommend you contact Customer Support. Just click on the green envelope to the right (We're Here to Help). Support on BF is fabulous. They'll be able to help you. Good luck -- it's a fun game if you like building strategy style games. I do.

posted in Aquapolis on Jun 28, 09 11:32 AM
It's a nice place to be. There are plenty of helpful fishies. I hope you enjoy yourself!

posted in Aquapolis on Jun 28, 09 9:56 AM
dowilliams wrote:it's actually pretty long. there are 35 levels and 8 additional levels when you finish every community. i havn't finished it and i've been playing for like 3 hrs.

Thanks dowilliams! You helped me decide to purchase this one!

PS Welcome to the pond!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator