Posts created by BoomchuckPxyNiki

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jul 13, 14 5:20 PM
I wasn't too annoyed by some of the recent requests/scenes. It was nice to have something new. Then... today, well, just now really, I played Druid's Hut for the first time since I hit 4 stars and...

it costs 150?! Are you kidding me?! It was torturing me to play for 108 at three stars!

swedane wrote:
myshania wrote:Like so many of the games lately THIS ONE KICKS ME OUT TO GAME PAGE!!!
I used to look so forward to Thursday's for the new Collectors Editions!!
Now I just say "Hope this game works". I know things never stay the same but this
is just so confusing. Just don't get it??
Got kicked out once in the main game, went right back and finished the main game without further problems. Not so with the bonus game. After being kicked out a third time, I noticed the problem was the cell phone. I reloaded the game & clicked the cell phone and poof, out of the game I went.
I only managed to finished the bonus game, because I didn't touch the cell phone after that.

OS Windows 8

Ditto, on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 system, all drivers up to date.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jul 8, 14 10:02 PM
LauraEAK wrote:
Exclamation wrote:With the Mural Story quest, I had some luck getting the 20 Lone Centaur books credited by clicking on the 'Give' button for the 15 Mini Centaurs even though I didn't have enough of those yet. Perhaps the buttons are mixed up and it's worth trying any remaining 'Give' buttons.

Everybody has this problem. BZ said it's a glitch, it will be fixed in the new update. They also said to not skip it.

Thank you for stating this. I was getting a bit peeved, especially since I also wasn't getting the bolgins from one of my collections I cashed in last night to have enough to update another building.

posted in Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana on Jul 8, 14 9:05 PM
The best thing you can do throughout the game is to use the map (there are small, subtle sparkles when there's something to do in a scene) and, occasionally, the hint button. I'm nearly finished with the game, and it's the first time using one or both hasn't pointed me in the right direction.

Hey, if you're running this on Windows 8.1, try setting the options so that widescreen is disabled. I was having the same graphics issue, and it seems to be a glitch that changing the settings helps to fix. It does end up making the image slightly vertically smushed, but not to an uncomfortable degree. In the meantime, BFG, if you could work on getting the bug fixed, that'd be great, and the rest of us won't miss out on trying out the game due to this glitch.

Just a suggestion.

Granted, Baby isn't a leopard in this instance, but I did so love the reference. And somehow I just knew that the protagonist couldn't resist a "put Baby in the corner" quip, but I'll admit, I'd given up on that when she got me.

I was also halfway through the bonus game HOG (the training video) when I realized that they were spruced up versions of HOGs from the first three games (of which, admittedly, I have only played the demos, since there wasn't enough story to get me to make the purchase or spend the credits, though I do appreciate the background).

Any other sly jokes/cameos/references that anyone noticed? As a writer-person and teacher, I geek out over little things like these.

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 14 5:48 AM
I'm an arachnophobe, and as far as I can remember after playing through twice, other than some cobwebs and maybe a regular spider in a FROG scene, there aren't any this time.

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 10:46 PM
BlackDark wrote:looniedoone-

Only because this Developer is my Favorite Developer and only because this Series is my Favorite Series from this Developer, I think I can provide some assistance.

Dark Parables - Curse of Briar Rose CE 03-11-2010
Dark Parables - The Exiled Prince CE 02-24-2011
Macabre Mysteries - Curse of the Nightingale CE 07-28-2011
Dark Parables - Rise of the Snow Queen CE 12-01-2011
Fabled Legends - The Dark Piper CE 05-10-2012
Dark Parables - The Red Riding Hood Sisters CE 09-20-2012
Enchantia - Wrath of the Phoenix Queen CE 02-14-2013
Dark Parables - The Final Cinderella CE 05-23-2013
Cursery - The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat CE 11-09-2013
Dark Parables - Jack and the Sky Kingdom CE 02-06-2014

This list includes Other Games from this Developer; but you should be able to see that they release a New Game about every five months to seven months or so. And this is far too long between Games for my taste.

And I will admit that I enjoy these Games so much that I have played them all a bit too many times. How many times is too many times? Well, try fifty times per Game, and you might be close. Am I crazy? Um, what was the question again? I’d like to select a vowel, please; can I have an “X”?

So, since I’ve played these a few times, I’ll ask a nice Trivia question for all who might have the entire Series: What Gender is the Detective?

If you have the Very First Dark Parables Game and it’s the CE Version, then Read the Novels Section, especially the Section on the Dark Parables Version of the Story. You’ll find the answer to this Trivia Question in there.

Want another? Who was the Brother of the Prince who kissed Briar Rose? This is answered in the Bonus Section of the Curse of Briar Rose.

I’ll try to keep an eye on this section to see if anyone is interested. But I may be a bit busy now that My Favorite Developer—Blue Tea Games—has finally release a New Dark Parables Game. And I have waited so long for this Game.

Happy Gaming to All!

-BlackDark

The detective is female, as we learn by reading the backstory to Briar Rose. The brother of the Frog Prince (James) kissed Briar Rose and died from the effects of the curse.

I haven't played 50 times each, but I'm approaching double digits for the older ones and probably would've surpassed that a long time ago if I didn't have the kind of job where I'm never not working (I teach part-time and am a freelance artist and writer).

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 10:41 PM
You earn it by completing the flowerstones. When you've collected them all, go to Parables, switch to the flowerstones view, and there'll be the gem/badge on the first page.

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 5:39 PM
One thing I've found about playing games over the past few years is that the demo is really not always indicative of the overall game. I've had games in the past that were quite dull during the demo, but after the hour, the storyline really picked up. This was a game I'd downloaded from the beta stage, and I replayed that beta to death (I was naming my profiles things like, "Want Game Now," etc.!). I can see how the first hour might be a little tedious, but the game did seem to pick up as it went along.

Here's the thing for me: I'm an artist and an English teacher. I thrive on subtle details and allusions, so the Dark Parables games (especially this one!) hit me right in the sweet spot. There are so many sly references to previous games, lesser known fairy tales (Snow White and Rose [Ross] Red, for example) that make me cackle with glee when I stumble upon them. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Plus, if you only played the Beta/Demo of this game, you wouldn't know that there are three different endings. So if the game is a bit short, you have three other ways to play the last chapter, and the story changes pretty drastically for each.

Yes, this developer does tend to cut corners on animation, and it's still not widescreen, and if your volume is turned up too high, Gerda's voice can be a bit jarring, but otherwise, it's a big step forward in the series with several returning characters from previous installments. It's got its flaws, as to all the DP games, but it's easily one of my top games, and goodness knows, I've got a few.

For me: 4.9/5.0.

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 5:21 PM
The sword ending kills the plant and weakens Belladonna, and she lashes out at Ross, seeming to kill him, but she lives in this ending, Rapunzel's tear heals Ross while she embraces her sister and vows that she mustn't fear being separated from her but that the evil must stop, and Rapunzel and Ross decide to take her with them into seclusion so she can learn to manage her abilities without harming people. The only one I haven't played is the sealing of Belladonna, but I'm not surprised by what's been described about that ending.

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition on Jun 12, 14 5:10 PM
mikado1 wrote:I can´t find any button for the Morphing Objects but one for the handprints, which is great. What about the treasures, will you find them after you have collected all the handprints or what? Really like this game!

The morphing objects are in hidden objects scenes only, and the indicator's in the same place as the handprints' one. The hidden treasures are a post-game puzzle you do after you've gotten all the handprints; you then can use the hidden treasures to make a potion to give the puppy/cub to unlock a minigame in which the dog/wolf has to leap over obstacles and collect stars.

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition on Jun 12, 14 5:06 PM
I've completed the game, and while you do have the pup/cub, and you do name it, you only use it four or five times the whole game. It's in the inventory, not the one of the constant buttons at the bottom, so I don't think it's worth getting annoyed over. It'd be one thing if the animal were used frequently, but I nearly forgot I had it each of the times I used it, so there's that.

(For what it's worth, I personally love the little pets, especially when they're puppies. I'm a bit of animal-lover, though, so I may be biased.)

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jun 8, 14 12:14 AM
After downloading yesterday's update, I ended up leveling up to 46, spending 20 gems, getting to day 20 out of 21 of the multiplier, and then my game crashed. Annoying, but I didn't think much about it--I needed to lay down due to a migraine, anyway. Well, I got on today, and now all that progress is gone, I'm back to day one (I even made a point of getting on the day of my surgery last week to try to get to a full 21 days, so yeah, I'm pissed), back to level 45, AND I'm still out the 20 blue crystals I paid to get past the need for the 5 goblin books.

Yeah, I'm a bit peeved, to say the least, considering I paid for those 20 blue crystals with actual money last month, and I'm currently on the job hunt, so money's about as tight as can be this month. Ugh. The only plus I see right now is that I did get to retain the coins I'd earned yesterday. But that's far from balancing out the negative. Grrrr.

posted in Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune on May 7, 14 6:50 PM
No CE on BFG? Bummer. I remember I ended up buying Namariel directly from the publishers because there was no CE here, and it drove me nuts to do that, but I'm a writer--I'm all about the story, and not getting the full story always feels incomplete. C'mon, Big Fish, I count on you to have the best, and you almost always deliver--it's just a huge letdown when it's the really awesome games that aren't available here in full. I know you guys work hard for us--I was just really looking forward to this game after the beta test, and I do want to know about the other two frogs!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 15, 14 7:32 PM
qandagkids wrote:Hi
I have completed all of my trophy quests but only credited for 89 cups all cups are gold. Can you help I need the 24 diamonds for my completion. Thank you

I just logged in here for the same reason. I've not really had any major glitches for awhile, which has been nice, so I'm a little disappointed to see this one pop up. I definitely have 89 trophies while being credited for 88, and I'm two plays away from my 90th.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 4, 14 6:49 AM
You have to take into consideration the vertical and horizontal numbers for a clue as to how much space. One of the best ways to get the hang of Fahleed's games, though, is to play World Mosaics. There are some minor differences (in F's games, you can't mark the squares that have nothing like you can in WM), but the concepts are the same, and WM is a good place to get a feel/instinct for how the numbers play out. The other is to remember that in the end each of the games creates an image or pattern of some sort. That can help you figure things out logically when there are two possible solutions.

I've been playing WM since the first one came out, and it was one of my first bought games, so it's become second nature to me. It takes some practice.

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 14 2:00 PM
I've caught two glitches, both of which are in the bonus game. The first is when I play the bubble popper game in place of the HOG. It will not remove any items from the list, and I could play the popper for an hour, without ever finishing the HOG. Now, if I go back to the HOG scene, I might have done enough, but there's no way to tell like there is in the main game until I do.

The second is were I'm at right now in the bonus game, which is the puzzle where you have to clear a path through the thorny vines/flowers. I've cleared a path, both on my own and by using the SG, but it does not accept the puzzle as having been completed. I really hate skipping a puzzle, especially one I've done correctly.

Yes, I will be submitting a trouble ticket for this, but I wanted to put it out there in case anyone else is having the same problem.

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 14 3:51 PM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi Fishies,

It looks like we are still working on that issue of the overlapping Inventory items. As soon as we have more info there, we'll be sure to let you know!

marikemouw and AndaO ~ for your freezing and crashing trouble, the suggestions in the article below may help:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158>Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

You can also definitely get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to take a look at things and work with you directly to get everything straightened out. You can contact them by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/>here</a> to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192>Live Chat Support</a> Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Has there been any luck with this? I mean, it's January now, and I have the most recent version of the game, since I just bought it.

(Yes, yes, I know. Contact tech support. And I will. But it's an ongoing problem a LONG time after it'd been first reported.)

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Dec 31, 13 11:44 AM
Like the rest of you, this is exactly why I logged on--to see if other Whovians had noted the same thing. Hehe. It's too complete to be coincidence.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator