Posts created by Short_Starfish

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Jun 18, 10 8:02 PM
Find the hidden object scene in the puppet workshop and get the pitch, add water from the pipe outside and heat over candle in fortune teller room.

posted in Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse on Apr 15, 10 4:37 AM
All I can add is "When do we get the next one?" It will be an instant buy now for me.

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 10 2:09 AM
So can anyone give an approximate playing time for this game? I'm getting a bit frustrated with playing the demo, buying them having a total of 11/2 - 2 hrs playing time. Best games to play so far have been Ravenhurst series (replayed a couple of times), Dire Grove, Dream Chronicles, Treasure Seekers and the brilliant Drawn: The Painted Tower.

posted in Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba on Mar 17, 10 3:10 PM
Found it boring with the same puzzles repeated several times. Definitely a no buy.

posted in Vampireville on Mar 17, 10 3:09 PM
A nice relaxed game with a combination of HOG and puzzle. Personally puzzles made it a buy for me as a straight HOG is boring. Interesting story and humour. And not too short at 24 chapters but chapter 24 was a bit like a movie that wanted a quick wrap up.

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 10, 10 10:19 PM
Another NO BUY! I have loaded the trial 3 times to try to get past the first screen. I finally get the sing in screen played for a while then the update arrived. OK, so I process the update and am now back to square one being unable to get past the first screen. Not worth the bother to try again - delete.

posted in Time Riddles: The Mansion on Mar 6, 10 4:02 PM
Boring.

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Mar 5, 10 6:06 PM
Personally I liked the game and could with a little more attention work out the puzzles except when I got to the torches. No matter what I couldn't get past either torch puzzle and wasted the last 15 mins of my trial. I was going to buy until I ran into this problem. With no walkthrough available or skip button - no sale. Pity could have been fun.

posted in Veronica Rivers: The Order Of Conspiracy on Jan 9, 10 11:33 PM
Really enjoyed first Veronica but very disappointed in this one. Way too short at just over 2 hours. Not worth the buying.

Way to short - had played the trial and was going to buy later. When I got back to it couldn't remember the game very well (not a good sign) so did another trial download from another site. Only then realised that I was on last day - so all up finished in about 75 mins - very disappointing. Glad I didn't buy it.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Oct 9, 09 1:41 AM
What else is to be said? Yes, great graphics, good puzzles and at times a bit confusing but that just meant you didn't rocket throught the game - although I think it could have been another couple of hours longer. I would have to agree that the ending was a bit lame even if there is to be a sequel, like Dream Chronicles, Iris drawing her own escape - duh? Still, saying that, I can't wait for part two. I just hope that the creative team are reading the posts and taking the positive comments and criticisms on board to give us an even more riveting game.

posted in Casebook on Oct 9, 08 10:17 PM
Seen this on a news article on TV as the company that developed it is local. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. The news said the release date was supposed to be sometime last week through BGF. Anyone heard an update?

[removed]

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator