Posts created by thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 8, 16 1:24 PM
Thank you everyone involved in getting the game back up and running.

Thanks, too, to my very patient neighbors who have gone without gifts when I couldn't get back in the game. Wish I could gift you double or triple to make up for it!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 4, 16 8:29 PM
As I recall, the Wake button used to work as starmagicgreen said. Then when the devs brought in that little dragon which now sits next to Elvira, the Wake button ceased to function.

There is an event which is associated with that button but I can't remember which one. I think we've seen it only once. Maybe someone else will have a better memory. It involved getting a prize for waking up neighbors. Some folks intentionally let themselves go to sleep so that their neighbors could collect whatever the prize was. But that meant that whoever went to sleep was out of the game for three days. Rather silly, really.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 3, 16 11:00 PM
Not able to visit higher neighbors, whirling dots of doom when trying to open the new quest, game crashes and reloading often doesn't work. Sigh.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 3, 16 3:53 PM
UID: 30ae0ea6c4df42a9fae24f8b12bb9b49a2b149206176c9a8006bea5155477d2c

Hope this can be remedied soon. Very frustrating after two days.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 1, 16 6:53 PM
Me too. Stuck for the last hour. Maybe no gifting today. Dreadfully sorry, neighbors.

11/2 - Was able to get in for a while this morning. Some neighbors got gifts brefore the game crashed and woudn't reload. Again, so sorry for those who got left out. Hopefully the issue will be solved when I return from work this afternoon.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 25, 16 11:20 PM
Thank you so much, fellow ROM players, for the helpful information on this offer. Having done all the weekly offers at least once, I get excited when there's a new one. But more often than not the offers are disappointing to say the least. So was this one.

I wonder why the devs think that pretty rooms infused with tiny out of focus objects make for a pleasant experience. Or that rooms so dark objects can't be found will keep players coming back. I think they just don't care very much.

Personally I would like to see the devs take a hint from the rooms we explore every day and the early side offers - beautiful rooms with objects cleverly hidden. Well, except for parts of Japan.

This offer might have been pretty neat. As it is, it gave me a headache and will be added to the growing list of "never again."

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 10, 16 7:43 PM
Thanks, Librarian, I was going to write the same thing hoping to clear up confusion. B1560 has been my neighbor almost since I began to play and I'll really miss her but wish her well.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 4, 16 8:58 PM
A very enjoyable room! Wish all our weekly offers were like this one - well, except for that horribly greedy dragon.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 31, 16 5:54 PM
Come on over to my cottage! We're having a celebratory pool party and BBQ for my wonderful neighbors who just reached milestones:

SATURNINA - LEVEL 700

WILLIAM THE FIRST - LEVEL 400

and the darling YAMAKIKU - LEVEL 500

WhaaHoo!!! Congratulations to all!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 26, 16 2:08 PM
Thank you SO much, neighbors , for your congratulatory messages. When I first began playing and struggling through those awful levels to 100, I sure didn't think of ever being at 900. Sort of shocking to me! Without my fantastic neighbors I'd probably still be trying to build the Water Mill! I also appreciate the support and guidance from the forum where I've learned (and continue to learn) so much. Thank you all!

So many of you sent notes of congratulations and I hope I answered them all, but I may have missed some. Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to refresh the game every time we answered an in-game message? (Hint to devs)

On to the next.... Happy gaming to all!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 25, 16 7:38 PM
Yes, you will be missed very mcuh, Draper Lady! Thank you in advance for whatever gifgs you give me. I wish you well and hope you might return one day.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 8, 16 7:02 PM
Bluekiwis - you don't need another musketeer hat?? And here I was just ready to send you one..

I don't mind the phase watches. Lower level players who aren't rolling in time stoppers need them. But it sure would be able to request/gift some of those things.

OK, anna, I get what you mean now. Yes, there are some pretty useless things which do seem to pile up.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 8, 16 1:09 PM
I can sure sympathize with the problem getting energy, especially for those first 100 levels. I used to just hope for strawberry jams on the daily spin so I could continue to play.

Personally, I rather like assembling artifacts even after the need for them is finished. It's a great way to get experience points. For instance, both the Ax and Trowel give 300 experience points. I may never need to assemble the Water Mill again but I can sure use those points! And there's no reason to spend coins to assemble the artifacts, so it's fun to complete one.

For folks who are going for the Legends' Collector category, of course, items need to be assembled en mass.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 3, 16 1:47 PM
The game can certainly be frustrating when first starting out. I found it easier to play without the magnifying glass. I think the wiki may have pictures of all the rooms showing places where objects hide. When I was a frustrated newbie it really helped to consult the wiki and write down where pesky objects hide then I could quickly look at my notes when I couldn't find something. This was especially helpful when doing offers for the first time. Saved me from resorting to potty mouth!

You'll soon learn to quickly find objects which now seem impossible. The cat print has become my favorite cellar object!

Don't give up. Best of luck!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 29, 16 10:42 PM
It's happened to me twice for this offer too. Something's amiss!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 28, 16 6:52 PM
Food, glorious food!
Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood --
Cold jelly and custard!
Pease pudding and saveloys!
What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys --
In-di-gestion!

Food, glorious food!
We're anxious to try it.
Three banquets a day --
Our favourite diet!

Just picture a great big steak --
Fried, roasted or stewed.
Oh, food,
Wonderful food,
Marvellous food,
Glorous food.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic, but this song popped into my head while I was reading this thread and I can't get rid of it so I though I'd share my good fortune................

See what fun this forum can be?! May I have some more, please?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 28, 16 4:40 PM
This topic pops up periodically and it's always fun to read the different approaches to gifting.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the swirly gifts or gifts for current offers. I've wound up with 25 of one swirl - more than anyone needs. If charges for current offers aren't dropping quickly, I'll put them on my wish list, otherwise I don't want them.

The wish list is there for a reason and it's not up to me to decide what another neighbor needs if they have items on their wish list I can send. To me, fulfilling their needs is being a good neighbor. I never mass gift. Gifting is easy and doesn't take that long.

I don't understand why folks leave their wish lists blank or seldom update them. As one person said they don't assemble artifacts, I guess that's a really good reason. Having choices is one of the beauties of ROM!

Like some others, I keep my neighborhood about 100-110. That way, since there are always sleepers, I can be sure I'll be able to gift everyone each day and can double gift when I can send a wanted backpack item. Nobody gets short-changed. At 150-200 neighbors, visiting would take forever, and I couldn't possibly gift everyone.

I send flints, ores, or buttons (when available) for neighbors with empty lists. Yep, that was sort of the decided norm for an empty wish list a long time ago and even if no longer valid, those items can always be used.

I keep 4 of each backpack item and gift the rest when asked. Why? Because you never know... and I like to keep a few on hand.

If a neighbor either never gifts or always ignores my wish list, I delete them. I ask neighbors who send refreshing dew not to as I have over 19K and get more every day. For me, they're pretty useless.

I do wish that buttons were available all the time and that the devs would make the hearts (for $100) available all the time too. The hearts were a nice way to say 'hello' or 'thank you.'

For me, attention to my neighbors is paramount, and being a good neighbor is a major part of the game. That means paying attention to wish lists and gifting every day, and of course, helping with expeditions. It's great that others have their own way of gifting. As marliza said, there's something for everyone here.

Happy gaming!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 28, 16 4:09 PM
Oh my gosh, I hope this is a glitch that will be fixed. Once in a while I get swamped and am not able to gift until the next day before the day change. I've been able to gift my neighbors as late as two hours before the day change and then gift again after. If this is permanent, I'd better be more efficient!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 21, 16 2:25 PM
I see that those of you who logged into the game earlier than I did today had lots of fun trying to figure out the quest - unless you spoke Russian. I'm almost sorry I missed out on the head scratching!

I, too, am finding the throwing sticks difficult to come by. After helping Sho-san 53 times I was rewarded with only 18 sticks. Sad drop rate but the 5 experience points are nice and there's six days to gather the rest.

Nice to have a new offer!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 17, 16 1:12 PM
A nice room to explore!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator