Posts created by mpendo

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on May 6, 17 1:17 AM
I love love these 10 day events! I might use one bonus along the way but the bonus rewards are a huge boost to my inventory of rainy day helpers. Some times I don't make it to the finale ( eternal life which I never utilize) etc. but the rest of the road is buckets of fun.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 18, 17 4:01 PM
Jenifer - I'm thinking that when you play offline your progress is recorded offline, your online progress is only updated when your re-connect online ??? That's my best guess but hey I've been wrong before (still smiling).

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 14, 17 4:11 PM
Quite frankly I don't care, in this instance, about corporate affiliations. BFG is one of the very few game sites that I trust will provide me with games that are virus free, no pop up ads (other than the initial great bargains they offer to their customers).

I have played probably most of the FTP games available. This is one of the few that the choice is your yours, whether to play-for-free or pay to progress faster or whatever. Also, I find whoever to be the most responsive to players game problems and suggestions. Kudos to BFG.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 14, 17 3:54 PM
Hi Ollie. I'm not the expert on this but I do know you need to save your game files, perhaps stored under big fish on your computer, then reinstall etc. There is a thread around here on how to do all that. I'm confident a more knowledgeable person will be by soon or you could do a search.

Cheers and Happy Easter.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 11, 17 8:56 AM
I also had luck with this tourney. Made it to the level 8 using only one hammer. Won some good bonuses on the way. I will keep trying but only if I promise myself not to use any bonus, I never want immortality anyway - interferes with me getting real work done.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 11, 17 8:47 AM
Truly gohill the 'dropper' is the most useless bonus, kind of a booby prize. It is no advantage to have all the brats drop at once as it just clogs up your board making good moves next to impossible.

I'm miffed every time I 'win' one.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 9, 17 8:22 PM
eli - as usual you are bang on with your comments. You are a highly regarded contributor to this forum and you are always kind and helpful.

bunggie - if you have progressed to the latest world, by now you should have sufficient skills and have saved enough coin and boosts to get through the difficult bits. If we hadn't been challenged along the way I doubt many of us would still be here (for the record this is the first match 3 game I have stayed with since its' beginning).

You can sometimes make gains with the 'Special Events', but, if not, just play them for fun.

Frustration is a state of mind. Have more patience perhaps.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 9, 17 12:00 PM
Your comments are a bit extreme.

FYI - BFG are simply marketers for the company that developed this game. Many of us thoroughly enjoy our experience with games brought to us by BFG.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 6, 17 3:01 PM
Hi swilke. What a drag. It may take you awhile to build up your coins again but don't get discouraged.

Yes. It's the same place but at the top. You can only sell once every 24 hours (~100 coin worth). Later on make sure that first you go back to a world where you don't need fireflies anymore (i.e. Dragon's) before you sell.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 6, 17 8:37 AM
Gee Peggy - one may have a few criticisms of this game but it

not being challenging wouldn't be one!

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 4, 17 4:43 PM
Whoa patches. This game is huge fun (and sometimes frustration) for many of us diehards. Here are my suggestions if you want to continue playing:

1: Hone your match 3 skills (?).

2: Don't buy boosts unless you really need them.

3: Ignore the quests to the right.

4: Don't try to build a farm until it is obviously needed.

5: On difficult levels, check your board when you enter. If the board is not friendly, exit with no penalty.

6: Save all the coin you can for later when things get really really difficult.

7: Play for short intervals, until you run out of hearts. They rejuvenate quickly.

8: It is not necessary to spend real dollars to play.

I am on my 4th time through the game (although not the last 2 updates) due to my computer crashes (no, I do not back up my game, I prefer to live on the edge - my friend jerry rigs computers together for me).

Currently I am ambling my way through Woodlands. I have saved 6000 coin so far for the roads ahead.

Your P.S. regarding silver_hawk gave me a big laugh. Somewhat true but you could do it too.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 1, 17 5:40 PM
I managed to finish level 10 - just cost me 1 hammer. Net gain - 1 hammer, 2 bombs, 150 coin and 5 hours of infinite hearts. Took me the 2+ days as I tried level 10 many times until I finally got a lucky board. Patience is a virtue.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 1, 17 5:35 PM
Yes but...

If it were on the tech thread, none of us would read it.

Has happened to me too.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 23, 17 10:29 AM
Your words are sad but true gohill.

I still play (on my 4th time through) but.....

the thrill is gone.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 22, 17 1:15 PM
Still and all this is a great special event in that you can earn a significant number of coins without buying any boosts. And it's fun.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 22, 17 1:03 PM
Beverly - look down 2 threads past yours and you will see a thread about SP 88. This level is neigh onto impossible but there are great hints there.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 16, 17 9:49 PM
I'm impressed by BF support team who resolved this inadvertent click of eli's so quickly and kindly. The game should have 2 step clicks processes on all actions that can have dire consequences. Hats off to the team.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 6, 17 7:38 AM
Hi Crazy... - Yes, if you are having difficulty getting a high enough score, go for the outfit that helps with that. Generally, I would not use any boosts, I would just keep playing that level until I got the luck of the drop. I am on my 4th time through (due to computer crashes). I think it's a good strategy to save up the coins and boosts you earn to give you a comfort cushion for when you encounter the really difficult levels later on.

The 'good' outfits take forever to earn now, such that most of the outfit fun has been taken away.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 4, 17 4:48 AM
Good day katralic. I don't know much but I would do an uninstall on the game. See if all else is back to normal.

What devise are you on?

Good luck on that.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jan 15, 17 8:24 AM
Eli, you are so right about this. I have never bought the spin (I always calculate the probabilities).

This is one example of the developers being asleep at the wheel. I would have fired them long ago.

Cheers

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator