Posts created by shanyem

posted in Celtic Lore: Sidhe Hills on Apr 20, 11 3:21 PM
I just started the free trial but the game 'timed out' after I entered my user name in the first screen! I've posted in tech support but wanted others to know that I and others have had this problem. Unfortunately if I can't demo...it's a no buy for me.

posted in Celtic Lore: Sidhe Hills on Apr 20, 11 3:19 PM
I just downloaded the game and began the free trial. As soon as I pressed enter after typing in my user name, the screen blinked, a small white box appeared with fields asking for a password and something else but it was VERY quick...then the game manager appeared with the message that my time was up. With no way now to try the game out, what's a person to do?

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 11 12:37 AM
Just played 15 minutes of the game and I'm pretty sure it's a buy for me. Pretty straight forward story line - unfortunately VERY similar to many other games but still rather interesting. With only 15 min of gameplay I had several hidden object scenes and just two mini games. The **** areas were about average in difficulty - at least for me! The mini games were WAY too easy! SMALL SPOILER: One **** area had a really large - and several small, really ugly spiders! As one who hates spiders it's really creepy BUT it was the BEST depiction of a spider with subtle moving limbs, etc and was much better than other games with spiders in them. So yes, the game is creepy...spiders and all! I'll play the remaining 45 minutes tomorrow and make a final decision but so far...looks good.

posted in Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles on Apr 2, 11 11:32 PM
Finally go to playing the demo and stopped after 15 minutes. I won't be buying this game - and I like adventure games! Two types of puzzles - and one of them a real pain! No skip button! At least in most adventure games you can use a walkthrough to figure out how to do the puzzles - this game it really doesn't matter since at least two types are definitely not skill puzzles, or logic puzzles, etc. but luck. Too bad...I liked other aspects of the game!

I'm on the fence as far as WHEN to buy this one! I've got to figure out if I should wait so I get three punches next month or if I need them for this month for another credit. Can't WAIT until some changes to occur (hopefully!?) - such as carring over credits and using credits for CE's.
***Whoo hoo! I'm a seahorse! LOLOL!

posted in Farm Mania: Hot Vacation on Mar 17, 11 10:28 PM
My chick grows up fine...I keep the wolf away, sold animals, make sure they're fed, etc. and CAN'T get the pair to produce a chick! I've played the level about 4 times for over 15 minutes each time and can't get it to work. The chick grows and produces eggs but no new chick! HELP!!!

posted in Farm Mania: Hot Vacation on Mar 14, 11 12:24 AM
I am a HUGE fan of the Farm Mania games and bought this one as soon as I saw it! I HAD to play a few levels before I head to bed and it's very similar to the other ones except there's 'exotic' locations. Love the game...!

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 11 6:38 PM
Same thing happened to me...hate that!

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 11 6:15 PM
I'm having trouble with this one as well...land there's no solution in the strategy guide!

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 9, 11 3:34 PM
I for one am enjoying this game! I LIKE that there are multiple tasks - hidden objects, some arcade stuff (and not too difficult either!), etc. Eventhough there is no walkthrough - which I use to determine length of game, I took a chance and have found that the game is not a quick one...I have almost finished some games within the alotted hour before. I'd like to see more games like this with a few tweeks:
cursor needs to be better, I HATE the window that pops up every time I click on something then have to click on the check mark to procede...these are just a few things that are annoying to me. Anyway, I like the game!

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 27, 11 12:43 AM
Definitely a buy for me...or should I say one punch will be used for this game! I enjoyed the first in the series and the demo of this one - both offer all the things I like!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 3:22 PM
I've also enjoyed the demo...even if I am alittle frustated with the whole frog' crown thing. It's definitely a buy for me...but not until next month as I've just filled a game card I figure I'll have THREE games to buy next month - one as a member and two from the two CE's I'm planning on getting! Can't wait for March!

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition on Feb 11, 11 8:48 AM
I finished the game (not the bonus yet) last night and I enjoyed it. Perhaps a bit too short and the hidden object areas were a tad too easy but all in all I thought the atmosphere creepy with an interesting storyline. I'm glad I purchased the game...and for the first time am using one of the backgrounds offered as part of the CE! I look forward to the additional game play and hope it will be as good as the main game.

I am NOT going to purchase this game until the SE comes out. The main reason is that there is no way for me to know if the game is short or not...if there was a walkthrough I could make an informed decision. I'm not a big werewolf fan so the story line doesn't make it an instant buy for me either. I am also having trouble finding what to do next! I'm stuck at one point in the game and without a hint to help or a walkthrough to refer to...well, it's a pain.
Wow! I'm a Jellyfish finally! lol!

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Jan 30, 11 3:29 PM
I like that the story isn't the usual we've seen for SO long - find grandfather, father, etc. I like that the **** areas are different - although sometimes hard to make out the items. I'm going to finish the demo (about 15 min left) then make my decision. I do think it's going to be a buy for me!

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 11 10:43 AM
I'm so glad to hear comments concerning the bonus play! I've been VERY disappointed with other CE's because the bonus play was completed in a very short time and therefore definitely NOT worth the CE price. I've liked the series and now that there have been a post or two about the bonus play...I'll buy. I will also most likely post my opinion on the entire game...AND bonus play once done.
Have a great day everyone!

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 21, 11 3:19 PM
Just a few thoughts...I really enjoyed the 3D effect...shows where all gaming should be in my opinion. I've been playing adventure games for many many years (began in the days when I had to load 8 - 10 floppies into the pc just to play! lol!) and this game has some AG type qualities - moving the cursor as you would your eyes to look around, for example. I personally would love to see all HOG and adventure type games have this at least as an option. It helps to give the feeling of really looking around your environment.
I definitely do NOT like that there is no hint within the **** areas. I haven't had to use a hint while playing but I think that there is definitely a need for one in these areas.
I've completed the demo...still unsure if it's a buy for me but am seriously considering it. It'll be a nice passtime while the snow falls!

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 11 3:53 PM
I really enjoyed playing the game and felt it was worth the CE price. HOWEVER I think that the bonus part was WAY too short! Finished it in about 10 minutes. Other games have had a good bonus game but this one fell short. Still glad I bought it though!

Finally got the demo downloaded and completed it. Bought the game, downloaded...when it was installing (at the very last part) my pc crashed! Happened 2X. There was a blue screen, lots of words, etc. but it says Bad_pool_caller. The pc reboots itself after that. PC is about 4 months old, Alien Ware...and haven't had trouble EVER with any games until about 2 days ago when this started happening. I uninstalled Microsoft Free Installer and things looked great - that's how I got the demo in the first place. I am also able to play other games with no problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!!

UPDATE! Just uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it. I got the message:
We're sorry but your game could not be activated. (806-400)

Another Update! About 30 seconds after I posted the previous update, my pc crashed with the same details as the original post (Bad_pool_caller).

Even though there is help in the game, I am stuck! I'm trying to get a book in the cottage - that's where it says it is...but there isn't anything there besides the stove to make absinthe! According to the in game walkthrough I have to get this book in order to get the 'bottle of spirits' (I already have the first book). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator