Posts created by Crow12000

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 18, 15 5:08 PM
Congratulations to all the winners and runner ups!

A special Congratulations to Clashfan78 and Jtsakou!! Awesome job ladies!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 17, 15 7:29 PM
Oh how terrible, I hope she is able to stay warm! The light is on in the hood so now worries.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 17, 15 9:35 AM
This is one of those trophies I've been wondering about. Woo Hoo time to pick up a new trophy!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 15, 15 4:35 PM
Finally finished, whew, RL kept me busy and with the low drop rate I was starting to panic a bit today.

I've got to say I can't quite see the stuffy butler and the gypsy type witch as an item. That seems highly unlikely to me....maybe I was the only one reading the storyline though.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 11, 15 7:17 PM
Well I guess that answers my question of should I work on the Valentines quest or should I read the new book I just got. Now where did I put my reading glasses...

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 11, 15 12:49 PM
Annaquinn wrote:

When it came to the quests that help a creature then search a room - the first one - the creature wasn't available so I did the search first - the item dropped immediately. Then the creature helped. I tried it again - 1st the search then the creature help. same thing. All of those the item dropped on first or second try if I didn't help the creature first.

This is the exact opposite for me. If I don't help the creature first the item won't drop until I've around the 5th or 6th search. If I help the creature first the drop rate goes to 1 or 2 searches, with a few cases going up to 3.

It's interesting that it can be so different for players. I'm sure that's programmed and we should all probably be in awe of the devs skills. I'm super clueless when it comes to that kind of stuff though so sometimes I don't think about how hard it must be to get all this to work.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 11, 15 9:22 AM
What does it say about me that I'm enjoying how hard this quest is?

Oh and I'm loving getting the hearts...my neighbors might be getting those all week like it or not.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 10, 15 8:33 PM
Just a quick tip:

For those players that don't have a pet dragon that will give you a boost on finding objects. I would recommend spending the 10 or 20 gems on buying a lucky talisman or good luck charm to use while you're searching.

The reason being that they both last longer than a wish master at 90 and 60 minutes respectively. Also they aren't going to help much with the drop rate on the artifact pieces but they will help you to make the most of these many many searches. They will also help in the drop rate on the items used on the creatures.

Even with a wish master in place it still took me 7 tries to get the first item in the love message artifact. Seems like a waste to use them when you can get the same or better effect with one of the store bought items.

Of course if you have a pet dragon for search items then just feed him up and go for it. I'm not having any problems getting the stuff for the creatures to drop with Eterious fully happy.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 10, 15 10:23 AM
The sweet roll is not part of an artifact but is what you give the dove seller. It can show up anywhere technically so I don't think that was a glitch just a happy by-product.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 10, 15 10:01 AM
Faery,

I'm also getting lots of spooks. I don't think that's a bad thing altogether as I'm low on most of those talismans.

It's such an amazingly beautiful day here that I'm going to have to go and get outside. Lots of work to be done. Happy gaming everyone!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 10, 15 9:20 AM
I'm getting charges dropped in room searches. Seems I've collected all the charges needed over the course of the last year in treasure chests anyway. Might be a good thing as the items to help the creatures don't seem to drop frequently at all.

I've only made it through the first artifact as the drop rate is still low on those pieces.
Since it too me two hours of searching to get it I think this one may last me all week.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 9, 15 5:15 PM
I'm 47 and live on a small family farm in the Gulf Coast region of Texas. I primarily do all the cooking and run the business end of the farm as my job. I do get roped into the physical labor on occasion but mostly I leave that up to my brothers to handle. We grow hay mostly but also have citrus and a small herd of beef cattle (30). I do grow a vegetable garden and can a large portion of it. I make a variety of jellies, jams and salsa to sell at a local farmers market. Pretty old school stuff really.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 9, 15 8:23 AM
Just one correction Rheashard2 the VOM rooms are open 12 hours not 4.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 8, 15 8:59 PM
Hey I'm finished with the Abyss but I can go back!!! If Clash is making drinks let me just grab a chair and plop my tush in it. Can I have one of the vodka pomegranate martinis?

No one wants to play me in comps anyway so might as well spend some time on the beach.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 7, 15 5:28 PM
What do you mean start over from scratch? That is not possible as far as I know.

There really isn't anything you could have done that can't be fixed with game play. I made every rookie mistake in the book but it was all fixable.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 7, 15 3:19 PM
thurber wrote:
Well, except for the 4 bone knives from Faery, but then, I realize she's homeless now and is probably desperate.

I don't know Thurber you might want to watch out those bone knives could have a more sinister meaning behind them. You haven't been flirting with that lumberjack again have you? You know that makes her a bit crazy.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 7, 15 2:35 PM
I like getting the quirky stuff.

When I first started playing one of my neighbors sent thank you gifts for participating in their expeditions. Not as a main gift and really it was usually just a few of the "pay" items. It was more of an acknowledgement of my participation and I found I quite liked it. I try to do the same although sometimes I blink and miss who participated.

It's possible if you're getting some of the quirkier payed gifts your neighbors might be sending them as a little thank you.

Besides one of these days we might actually get those medical quests and all those surgical gloves and eye masks will come in handy.

Hey maybe the hospital with the frightened nurses and mental patients are located in Japan!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 6, 15 8:32 PM
You know it never occurred to me to send them back the same random charge they were sending me. That's a pretty good idea. Perhaps it could be a learning experience for them.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 5, 15 1:51 PM
Thanks ladies!!! I didn't think I was going to make it between battling floods and my own clumsiness ( I managed to get a couple of fingers caught in a garage door last Sunday) I thought I would be stuck on 299 forever.

Thanks to all my wonderful neighbors and forum friends without which I would never have made it past 100.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 5, 15 12:05 PM
Lisa_Coarcaazco wrote:Speaking of weird happenings, I got a gift from Elvira last night. Is that unusual or have I just not noticed it before?

No that just means that someone sent you a gift and then dropped you as a neighbor. That is how you get gifts from Elvira.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator