Posts created by Nickimine

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 19, 15 2:36 PM
annieliz1 wrote:Sometimes strange and apparently random things happen to our friends. I never delete anyone who has apparently been recently playing without trying to contact them by sending out a cri de coeur on the forum if I don't know their BF game or, if I do know it, send a pm.

(Big Smile) "send out a cri de Coeur"? Gosh darn - I had to look that up to see what it meant. The translation doesn't do it justice. I love your posts!

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 16, 15 12:17 PM
katie2050 wrote:I have completed playroom 1 how do I go to the next one

Another "playroom?" You have to get permission from Mr. Grey.

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 16, 15 12:00 PM
gohill wrote:
sbaker2318 wrote:Fuzzy..........this "could" be the slap emoticon.........I always thought it was a howdy......but lets change it.

HAHAHAHA.... could substitute for the eye twitch... ooooooo... wow... I simply can not be left alone when agitated... suffice to say, I got the Market Master achievement in the my 3rd game... trust me, you don't want to know how... *sigh*.. don't have a lot of achievements on there yet, but by jove, I sure showed me what's what... HAHAHAHA... you're gonna need a lot more slaps... that one wasn't hard enough...... ummmm..... hmmm..... there's a way that could be taken and that's NOT my intention...... just sayin..

who opened the box????? Danger... how the blank did you get so many keys???

Oooooh, I love this post !! Really, I do !! This is the best part : "sigh ... don't have a lot of achievements on there yet, but by jove, I sure showed me what's what ..."

Some of the young'uns aren't going to know what the heck you're saying, and I haven't heard it used in soooo long. A big [hug] coming your way. Yes, I know this has nothing to do with the game. Please know you made me smile - and in my small world that doesn't happen often.

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 16, 15 11:44 AM
I saw the 9-15 update around 2200 hours last night (10:00 pm) and I have not noticed any play problems since loading it.

One issue I found in the 9-11 update are my scores in each scene. My scores are now 100,000 points lower than before the update! How can this be? Nothing is "sticking", I do not have to "double click" to get an item. My internet speed is fast and my computer speed is normal.

I never had the high scores some of my friends have (laugh - alright, alright .... most of my friends have always had higher scores) but I do not think my ability to locate objects in a scene I've been through a gazillion times has diminished.

I am not just talking about the Crypt! (evil laughter) Yes, my score is lower there. Now that I have seen significantly lower scores for my play in other scenes, I wonder what has happened.

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 16, 15 10:54 AM
I am actually getting pretty good at zapping those darn butterflies. (Well, not all the time) but last night? I was an ace!! Zapping each one as if I had a laser pointer. Pow, pow pow pow!!!

Did it make a difference? Did I get shards for being a "sharp shooter?" No, an accurate ZAP on each butterfly did not matter. So many rooms - so many accurate zaps, and not even one shard.

Again, I'm not always that accurate. Last night I just happened to be spot on. It doesn't matter - and I'm not going to try very hard anymore. I am so disappointed with this "side game." It's not fun. I prefer to roam the Castle.

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 15, 15 9:29 AM
I've given some thought to the problem. How did the shard process get the "stamp of approval" before sending it out to Midnight Castle players? Then it hit me. None of them attended Hogwarts, thus they have no knowledge of how enchanting / disenchanting works outside their Big Fish world.

An Owl to Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall is in order here. THEY would know how to fix the shard disenchantment issue. As many of us know - McGonagall may be tough, but she is also fair.

Sigh, happy as a geek!
~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 14, 15 4:26 PM
General_hobojoe wrote:unless you sel/enchant tonnage of inventory and click till infinity on those random butterflies........you my be long dead before getting half way to 50K...........there must either be other way to attain said shards besides what is in place now or they MUST reduce the shards to a more reasonable achievable status........**D**.....fuzzy peeved britches six and @NgeR**.......out

I came to the forum to read what people were saying about the shards. I thought, "There MUST be a way of obtaining shards without losing inventory or zapping butterflies!" There are times I've zapped all 3 butterflies and my reward was zilch, nothing, nada - no shard. In my room, as well as in rooms of friends.

It is bad enough that zapping butterflies is the only way to earn a shard (well, except the inventory thing which I will not do) - but to zap 3 butterflies and come up empty handed?!! Is this really what the developers envisioned? Do they really think this is fair?!! Did they put their heads together and think this through?

Someone on their development team should have spoken out about how shards would be earned or rewarded to the players. This may be a "small issue" to them - but small issues like this (by the way, I don't think it's a small issue) but it is an issue like this that will leave players trudging through the castle - instead of having fun Storming The Castle !!

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 14, 15 3:32 PM
norry6 wrote:All the score were gone on mine but I liked working from scratch. In one scene I was the only one of my friends who had played it so I was number 1 and in a few other HOS. I shall enjoy it while it lasts but I'm sure it won't be for long. Then I'll be back to 6 in all of them again.
I don't like the new crypt though it takes me far too long to find anything.

The Crypt. Oh my gosh, that Crypt.

You should see my current score at the Crypt now with the changes that were made. Wait - Wait!! laughing Please don't look at my score - "oh, what a world, what a world . . . ." as I sink lower until all that is left of me is green slime and my broom. (You know ~ a Wizard of Oz reference ~ )

To those who worked hard for their high scores - I salute you, I applaud your achievements!

With the turtle and the snail as my mascots,
jeannie

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 13, 15 12:24 PM
FishyFemale wrote:
pmwright610 wrote: I find myself slapping my hand on the desk to wake it up, and that's not good, cuz the last time I did that, I loosened the video cable, which then fell out, and the screen went black.

I'd be more concerned with why my hand is falling asleep but that's just me.

pmwright610 and FishyFemale :

Oh, I sincerely hope these were meant to be funny - because it gave me a good laugh. I agree FishyFemale. I hope what pmwright610 wrote was all in good humor, and there really isn't anything wrong with hand.

Regarding speed of going through each HOS. What's the hurry? Yes, I guess if you clear the scene really, really fast - your name will go to the top of your list of friends' scores. Personally, I don't want to play "in a frenzy."

Yes, I'd like to find the objects quickly, but when I play relaxed, I feel relaxed. If I'm relaxed? The people around me relax. It's bad enough they hear me talking to certain characters about their attitude problems (I love the dialogue!)

~ jeannie ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 13, 15 12:02 PM
norry6 wrote:
scifan wrote:

Now if only I could tell from the gifting page how many of an item I have in my inventory instead of having to go back and forth.

Wouldn't that be wonderful

Add my vote to this capability. I want to see how many I have of a particular item before gifting. Going back and forth (possibly 15 times a day?!) ugh. Count another vote "yes" from me regarding names on Inventory Items!

~ jeannie in the Castle ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 25, 15 7:21 PM
I try to have a balanced wish list. An item or two that friends at lower levels may find easier to gift - and an item or two that players at high levels of play I hope will be able to gift me.

I do not understand players at high levels taking advantage of the wish lists of their friends. They see those easier items and happily click and gift them. Hmmm, I don't know. Do they feel good because they can point to their gifting log and say, "See? I gift every day!" Yes, I certainly find myself sometimes without any of the "good stuff" that we all want in my inventory - and now and then have to gift everyone an "easy" item. But for a high level player to always gift the easy items?!! They need to learn how to play nice in the sandbox.

As so many good players have posted ahead of me - it's a balancing act. Gift what you can responsibly gift - put appropriate items up on your own gift list. It is part of being a good Castle friend!

jeannie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 20, 15 5:56 PM
apmg wrote:
Hi my pippa game needs coins badley and xmas pets and it on level 14.

what are the best thing to craft for make money??? I dont have many stamps so cant do ancestor spirits at the moment.

would be great for advise plz.

ann

I would gladly be on your friend list. Please add me - I'd like to help!
Player ID : 494600 Player Name is jeannie

And by the way? This is a new ID number / new player name. I purchased a shiny new laptop and of course received the new number from the Big Fish folks! If you still have me listed on your main game, you will want to delete that. My old id is : 368115 using player name Gwen.

I lost my friend list in the switch-over, so I'd love to help you in either game!

jeannie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 17, 15 10:17 PM
The pitter patter / heavy stomping sound of people roaming the Castle - the players are the best. I am going to ask for some help from the tip toers to the heavy stompers.

I got myself a shiny new laptop and the good people at Big Fish transferred my game from old laptop to new. They transferred everything I needed - except my friends!
( sniff, cry ... I miss them terribly ! )

My new player ID number is 494600. Player name is jeannie. If there are players out there that can squeeze one more friend on their list, please consider adding me? You won't regret it - I'm a pretty darn good gifter, even if I do say so myself. lol

I know where the list is to find players, but I loved reading what everyone had to say here - and I thought maybe I'd ask here as well. Thanks for letting me tag along !

jeannie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 17, 15 12:23 PM
Congratulations Winterwine!! It is a long road - a road I am still on, but on the downward slope. I have 107 wins - working toward that big 200!

Big accomplishment ~ just great. Congrats!

jeannie Player ID 494600

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 12, 15 10:48 PM
Old ID: 368115 Player name Gwen
New laptop, so now there is a new player ID number : 494600
The player name has been changed to jeannie

Everything from Midnight Castle game was transferred to new laptop - except - friend list. Please delete my old game ID from your friend list. Thank you for being my friends, and please, if you are interested in remaining on my list, come find me at my new player ID : 494600.

I may not have a wish list up yet. I want to be honest in telling you that I cannot play as often as I used to. If that works for you, then please add my new game ID number. If you need a more active player on your friend list, I will understand. Thank you.

jeannie (aka Gwen)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 24, 15 8:54 PM
Reading some of the messages from earlier in the day on the 24th, I see that my iPad is far from being only just a handful that crashed. I am also at Level 63. I applied the update. It said complete - then Open. So I opened the game, and it loaded to 83 percent.

The game opened anyway - and I played for 30 minutes. Excited to get into the Dark Tower. After about 30 minutes of play, the game blacked out. Blank screen - then my iPad Desktop appeared. I opened Midnight Castle again, again just to 83 percent - the game opens and I'm right back where I started ( at Level 63 ).

I immediately sent in a report to Customer Service - but from what I've just read from all of you, I'm very disheartened. I've never, not once - had a problem. Even the "Dot" issue some iPad users spoke of - I escaped.

Now this - some people saying Customer Service will help - others saying they have had to wait for months. I'm glad I came in here, though. I can make a better decision on whether to continue playing by reading what others have experienced.

For now, I will just leave the game alone - wait for a bit to see if I hear from Customer Service. Thanks to all of you who write in here. It helps.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 21, 15 1:05 PM
FudgeChi wrote:
napoeon wrote:What I know...is that I'm happy for Nelly...Congrats girl!!!! Cheers!!!

What desperately want to know from FudgeChi is ....if we still have the glitch?!

I'm not sure about the glitch yet. I did try to reproduce it after my second free try but with no luck. But, the last tourney was the first one I've played since they've come back. I'll miss the next one because of sleeping but I'll try again in tomorrow morning's, my UK time and report back. Fingers crossed it IS fixed because I won't be a happy bunny if it isn't!

Wait, you sleep? (meant to be a very friendly laugh sent your way!!)

Jean (aka player name Gwen)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 20, 15 6:27 PM
pamkatz wrote: I think the flash is way more muted than before, It used to be like a strobe light. I'm not bothered by it anymore and can put my sun glasses away. =v=

Laugh - I haven't seen a tournament start yet since the update. I love your comparison to a strobe light. Dead on correct !

Jean (Gwen is player name)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 20, 15 12:44 PM
Hello !

Boy, am I relieved to hear that others are having trouble getting the PC update to load. (not that I wish this unhappiness on you). I thought maybe I did something wrong. It's possible I have done something wrong - I don't know.

I do know this: Every time I open the game, the "loading" screen comes up, along with a percentage of how much has been updated. I made it once into the 90 percent loaded - but got kicked back to 84 percent loaded the next time I played.

The game still allows me to play, but I see absolutely no difference in the game. I don't know what is in the update - so I guess I don't know what to look for that should be different. I just know I don't see any difference. Perhaps the "real update stuff" is in those last percentage points that won't completely load into my game.

Anyone with an answer? Thanks for any help.

Player ID: 368115
Player Name: Gwen
I have submitted a form to Customer Support, along with a Dr. Felix Report. Hopefully I will get the update loaded to 100 percent soon.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 9, 15 9:55 PM
JoanJ53 wrote:Nickimine,

No, there is no way to gain that achievement until Christmas 2015. I have been assured by the moderators that the developers plan on making 2015 usable to attaining 2014 achievements. Also, they may change their requirements for the Santa's Helper Achievement; I haven't had any word on that; but I lobbied heavily for that change back in May.

Sorry for the news.

Joan

Well - your news isn't so bad, really. It's nice to know the developers will allow "catching up" on past achievements. Thank you.

jean

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator