Posts created by lordkalvan

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 7, 18 5:54 AM
I usually try to complete all monuments in the special events as that gives several boosts, but if there are intern levels on the main path that require boosts I usually give up.

I’ve already used a few boosts to get through a couple of levels in Wild Plains, and just hit a 50 second timed level. I’m throwing in the towel on this event.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 6, 18 6:40 AM
Wow... I was on Wild Plains 3 tier two and made a move near the bottom expecting a plain vanilla type of reordering of the board. I got FOUR formed up higher, in pairs so I could have swapped them if I wanted. How the heck did that even happen???

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 5, 18 12:54 PM
GramSuzie: look for the levels that still glow. You need to replay them. When you get the item from that level it will no longer glow. Some levels need tier two or three to give you the item.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 4, 18 9:13 AM
GD posted on Facebook that Wild Plains opens on April 6th. No clue what time zone on that day of course.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 4, 18 4:35 AM
Buenos Aires 81 is good for all three. Mostly ignore the chained and make your own and it’s easier.

Edit: I’ve been grinding on this, and since I started ignoring the chained I haven’t lost yet. If I avoid clearing that last tile until I’m down to one lightning and a handful of moves, I can make about 20k each. I have to be alert for five in a row moves of course. Most of the time I do clear some of the chained ones but trying to do it on purpose is a bad strategy.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 3, 18 6:10 PM
I have given up on dead tree books, but that was due to severe eye strain. I love my Kindle Paperwhite, with the font size set so that it doesn’t strain my eyes. I have it in a cover that opens up like a book, and even with the cover it’s about as light as a paperback. And being able to get a new book RIGHT NOW is fantastic. I’ve discovered some great fiction that’s only available as ebook, too.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 3, 18 6:05 PM
Buenos Aires 70 is reasonable for bricks and hats.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 2, 18 4:43 PM
Get out and back without making any moves until you see a first move that will give you a 5 in a row. Make that, and save the lightning. Try to make a second lightning. Once you have two next to each other, swap them. It’s usually easy to finish from that point.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 2, 18 6:59 AM
Huzzah!!!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 1, 18 5:31 PM
The click ahead of monument trick was short lived. They fixed it the next release, so it no longer worked. Unless it’s back again?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 31, 18 2:41 PM
I gave in and used boosts on level 50. Combo plus worked for me without needing extra moves.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 31, 18 7:47 AM
That’s a souvenir, but you have to drop it off the bottom of the board before it explodes. Make matches below it or explode line blasts or bomb blasts, etc. as with other bombs, it’s not really timed, but counts down one each time you make a move.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 31, 18 7:26 AM
Froggieloveyou wrote:Busy in Morocco. Any idea what the main picture is? Looks like some kind of canopies but really can't make it out. Just finished a level that I have no idea how I did it.Just matched gummies and they disappeared in all directions and then it was completed. Really weird.

I figured it was a bazaar. What level was the strange one?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 31, 18 6:56 AM
Either Buenos Aires is harder than I recall cities being after about Munich, or else my patience is lacking right now..... number of resources needed for monuments is still reasonable but several of the intern levels are really tough.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 28, 18 6:11 PM
And the next event city is called Wild Plains. It isn’t there yet, but it is listed as coming soon.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 28, 18 1:32 PM
Update available for iOS, downloading now.

Edit: new game mechanic! Buenos Aires Level 4, the goal is to find four hidden items. Each item requires clearing a 2x2 or 2x3 group of tiles. What’s odd is that the goal doesn’t require clearing all tiles, just the 16 or whatever ones hiding the hidden items. Said items look like squares of chocolate, yum!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 27, 18 4:28 PM
How odd. Mine was fine when I posted earlier, but now my pic is missing and most of my friends but not all my friends. Logging out of Facebook and back in again didn’t help.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 27, 18 7:59 AM
It works for me. Try logging out of Facebook and back in again.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 27, 18 12:28 AM
I haven’t done any cities to 100% at all. I think I only have one to tier two. I have all of them done at tier one, and most of them I have all the ten item quests done. I tend to try for tier 3 on each level but if it’s a level that requires too much luck or boosts I don’t have the patience.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 26, 18 1:37 PM
I see GD posted on Facebook that the next city is coming soon. I assume that means Friday at the earliest for iOS, with android sooner.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator