Posts created by barbarasofie

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 23, 15 6:21 AM
The pearls are still there... only the quest is gone. So I can collect hundreds of pearls (if I wanted, but I don't) - but it will not count to the pirate rewards anymore.

Even the Baroque pearl (I finished this quest this morning) is still there... if THAT was your question

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 23, 15 5:53 AM
Oh Sue... you too...
It's really unbelievable. They can't want people to abandon their normal life like eating, sleeping or working....but obviously they do.
I just sent a complaint to customers support, and I will send the same to the mods.
But I fear this is like trying to nail a pudding to the wall....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 23, 15 5:42 AM
I'm not Giz... but I'll answer anyway :
I was not offline this morning, I had the pirate sign at the bottom and the quest flag on the left side. I also was able to give out keys. But I had to turn off the game and the computer and go working (at about seven o'clock in the morning european time). When I returned six hours later, the quest flag had gone. Do you think the turning off was the "mistake"? If yes, I think that really unfair... not everybody can stay playing for hours....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 23, 15 4:47 AM
Hmm.. I started the pearl quest this morning, and got the Baroque and the peach pearl. Then I had to stop, go working.
When I returned just now, the quest for the next pearl had dissappeared - and I'm sure it was there when I stopped this morning.... what to do? Any ideas? I'm really upset about the way this event works....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 22, 15 9:35 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:

Looks like you cannot have the Pirate theme active, UNTIL the quest asks for it.. I know, stupid right. But it won't count. No matter how many times you change it..

That seems not to happen for everyone. I had everything pirate (just because I was bored by lack of quests) - and I got the complete reward today. Every day of Pirate Event since it started, I just clicked on "get reward" for every building it wanted customized, and today the buildings were all completely rewarded.
Don't know what happened to others, but I feel sad for you. This event is really stupid.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 20, 15 9:39 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
When CE's were first released, you could get 8 hours of play from them. They contained HOG scenes and you had to play each one more than once, maybe even 3 times.

But people complained there were too many HOGs in the game. And too much stuff to read. And the cut scenes took too long. And the hint button took too long to refill. And the skip button for the puzzles that were too hard took to long to fill. And there was too much back and forth.

So the games now contain fewer HOGs which you only play once, journals have all but disappeared, you can skip dialogue, cut scenes, hints and skip buttons fill within seconds, jump maps allow you to teleport to other locations. A game can be completed in 3 hours using these 'features'. So now people complain they are too short.

ROFL... you made my day. I love your posts - and if not for that forum and all the really lovely people, I was done with this game for long, I fear. Thank you all.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 20, 15 8:11 AM
I think, it's not worth to try to complete the pirate collections more than two times. I did once (for Odin, by the way: the collectibles don't vanish if you take his reward) and twice (to keep it in my collections). Then I stopped. They don't pay out, if you count the fuel you'd need to buy.
Certainly you could win the fuel by doing IEI - but I don't need more gold.... can't see the sense in it.
I had everything customized to pirates, so the daily quests were no challenge.
I think the whole event is a shame: undoable for newbies, undoable for those who haven't customized everything and senseless for those who are finishes with that. Really dissapointing, especially when you concern that it was made to celebrate....

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Aug 27, 15 9:29 AM
50plusgamer wrote:I have not bought any games from BF since I found out AW was cancelled.

Neither me. I cancelled my membership, too.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 18, 15 6:04 AM
Hmm... that happens to me sometimes... and it is always because the internet connection is bad. When I get no daily quest I can't send keys to my friends - and the sign that shows forward to the festival events doesn't come up. Mostly it helps to close the game and reopen.... hope that helps. Have fun!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 9, 15 6:22 AM
Have you built the warehouse yet? If yes, every complete collection appears there.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 2, 15 11:49 AM
Blue, I admire your patience and time for excellent help since month.... and I can really understand your anger now. You're completely right: if "they" don't want to repair the glitches it's unfair to give that game away any longer. But: newbies pay. Unfortunately. So I fear, your rational appeal will meet deaf ears....
Anyway: this is the right place to thank you. Without you and some others here I would have never been able to come to this point of the game (the end point, except for the holiday events... )

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jun 16, 15 8:17 AM
Well...add me, too. Anyway, I don't think it makes any sense. The game THEY play is named MONEY.... and nothing else.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jun 4, 15 1:34 PM
I agree totally. I cancelled my subscription, too. I will play on in ART - there are some holiday events still coming, but I will never spend a dime on a BF game anymore. Very sad decision, I've been member for several years, I bought lots of other (not FTP) games, but this is no way to treat customers

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 26, 15 8:56 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:

While it would be ideal to see our favorite games run in perpetuum, it's simply not possible.
I hope this clarifies any confusion. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.
bfgBellerophon

I agree. It's not possible, not reasonable and it doesn't bring money - which IS the goal of selling games anyway. But it WOULD have been possible to bring our two favourite games to a satisfying end, wouldn't it? Still dissapointed, Barbarasofie

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 22, 15 5:36 AM
Barbara is my real name, and Sofie is the name I ever wanted and never got
So it's rather lack of fantasy....
In AK I'm Barbarasofie, too - and in ART I'm Elsarwen (Elsa is my second name and I'm a fan of the elve Arwen in Lord of the Rings)

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 21, 15 12:09 PM
Yeah... and I bet: all the artists, drawers, programmers and storywriters would have loved to finish the game. I think they are as upset and sad as we are....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 20, 15 11:36 AM
Hmm... I never checked that, it's very interesting....
I play the game since December 2014, my game tells me I've played for 437 hours.
I finished everything (including all AES buildings), I customized all buildings to pirates. My only quest left is Odin - and the daily one, of course. I still enjoy the game, and surely will stay at least until christmas... I missed that last time, beeing on a holiday.
Have fun !!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 20, 15 6:07 AM
*giggle*
A very good question, and I'm not sure about the right answer....
Certainly its not the a... ahem..... not the backside, not at all. I've seen that part....

Thank you Oddly, you made me laugh instead of beeing angry.

Edit: corrected spelling.... sorry, English is not my first language

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 19, 15 10:08 AM
Yep, I feel with you. It's not the fact they end the game (sad, but understandable), it's the way they do it.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 19, 15 10:04 AM
I agree with you in most points.
It's no use for a developer (or just a distributor) to make games without end - nor to support games that don't bring money anymore. This is understandable and reasonable.
It's only a game, there are other games and there is real life (lots of it )
It has been fun and joy to join the company here, thanks for that... and I'll not leave until Christmas.
But: as I wrote in AK - it's not a good way to end it like that. There should have been a "final update" (they even could have named the last one in January like that) - so that everybody could have seen: that's it. It's not a good way to treat customers like that (and I'm pretty sure we all are real customers - I for my part have paid real money in the game, I idot). This is my only complaint.
See you in Breezy bay, my friend and neighbour...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator