Posts created by crystalwitch1955

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 9, 16 11:37 AM
pmk099 wrote:I've been stuck on level 71 for months also. Almost impossible to advance. Have to echo complaints about game cheating me or being rigged. Have noticed the flowers not being counted and other things that are somewhat unfair. Absolutely HATE that I have to acquire friends in order to progress - can't do anything with rooms because I don't have any keys and can't get keys from Trina unless I find friends. Can't continue with the new mini game because I have to please 5 friends. I don't participate in tournaments, that's my choice, but forcing me to have friends is not how I want to play. Also have never been able to find cards which according to the FAQs are supposed to be part of the airship rewards. Don't know why people are spending money, haven't dropped a dine on this game, it may take me a while to achieve a level but this is supposed to be fun so I don't mind taking my time. Please answer about Jeronimo & the bartender, will something be happening soon?? I'm sitting on 200K coins right now because I'm not making any progress. Very happy the night mode is down, hope it doesn't come back, really annoying & slow. Overall I love the game but there are portions of it that really piss me off.

Hi. I understand that you are irritated because one of the mini games requires you to please 5 friends and you choose not to play with friends. Have you considered maybe adding 5 or 6 friends to enable you to get past the mini game? Also, during some of the seasonal games it helps to have friends because you can visit their rooms and get all sorts of items to help you on your way. As long as you let them know what you're doing, I think there would be some players who are ok with just being 'useful' and not regular. A lot of people on here already have more friends than they can cope with anyway. If you are interested in that, my ID is 109819 - I play on PC and if you want to add me, that's fine.

No-one knows when the update which will allow us to talk to Geronimo will be.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 6, 16 1:56 PM
It seems that everyone has problems in completing quests and the castle challenge in particular. I didn't really have a problem with the 5 parter but the one where you have to load 12 chests onto the airship took me about four days to complete as the airship kept asking for the items I was really low on. But when I finally did complete it, I found it relatively easy to catch up. The one where you have to craft 20 items in 30 minutes was tricky but the easiest way to do it is to go in and make sure you have the various items before you start, so that you can just do them one after the other without having to complete quests in the middle. Also, remember that after you've completed that one, you can sell the crafted items to get some of your coins back. A lot of the craft items can be sold at a profit - I did put a list up some time ago of those which would make a profit and those which sell at a loss but I think there's a thread especially listing all of them. Above all, remember it is just a game - have fun.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 4, 16 3:30 PM
12earth45 wrote:
crystalwitch1955 wrote:HAPPY 4th JULY TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIENDS

Thank you! I believe you hail from Wales? My husband is Scots and Welsh, it is on our bucket list to vist over there when I retire! ( oh let it be soon!!)

Crystal;P

No, I live in London. I'd like to travel but apart from waiting for retirement, I'm also waiting for a big win on the lottery to finance it! Lol.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 4, 16 8:18 AM
HAPPY 4th JULY TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIENDS

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 21, 16 7:24 AM
kim_veronica wrote:Am loving the update on the game. playing in different modes etc. Cant wait to see what the lock symbol is for or what the mini event will be......

I'm enjoying them too. If you click on the locked icons, it will show you what the task is for that square, although you won't be able to get in until the appointed time.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 21, 16 4:33 AM
marytee56 wrote:Hi everyone , just done the new update and went to the inn to progress on level 71 and clicked on Geronimo and it says I have to still wait for another update????
Has anyone else had this message? Been waiting a good couple of months for this to happen I am using my kindle to play this game xx

Hi Marytee56. I play on PC and had exactly the same experience. It was disappointing, but I think the summer update should be along soon - hopefully the ability to move Geronimo on will come with that. We did have some new stuff - mini games, etc but not sure if android or I-players will have them yet.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 19, 16 4:24 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
Arizona63Tucson wrote:From my understanding updates for IOS must be approved by APPLE before they can be launched

Why would that happen. I can.t imagine all the different companies who provide android devices raring it with them.

As I understand it, one of the reasons that Apple devices - I-phone, I-pod, I-pad etc., are so popular is because Apple won't allow any apps on to them before they are checked out for possible viruses. Although nothing is entirely foolproof, apple devices are reckoned to be the least hackable.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 19, 16 4:20 AM
Della295587 wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Midnight Castle forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Midnight Castle players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Any idea that these green/red headshots are for that cropped up on our friend's cards under "friends" on this last PC update as of June 13th? Any way you can find out and let the MC players know? We are all guessing whether it's a player that hasn't been online for 7 days or whether this player is just inactive or has quit. Can you enlighten us, please"

I actually did post last week, in answer to another players query, that I thought they might be to do with whether a player had been active recently, then the moderators apparently also posted an answer, just a few days ago, confirming that this was the case. Green means player is currently active and red that they have not played for 7 days or more

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 13, 16 11:40 PM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
gameslvr wrote:Can anyone tell me what the green and red symbols are for on the "friends"?

Where are these symbols at? I have my friends page open and I don't see any red or green symbols.

Not 100% sure, but I think they are to show which friends are active (green) and which ones have not played for a while (red)

They are on the friends page, in the top left corner of each friend card.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 30, 16 12:25 AM
Congratulations Luckytrev. I've been playing for about two years too, and got into the top 100 a couple of weeks ago. Brilliant feeling.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 24, 16 3:05 PM
Hi Jack/Sheila. Yes it does help, thanks. I generally get on quite early so probably get the 1am to 8.59 allowance. Sometimes get on again later in day so that would explain why I sometimes find that I have the full 5 again.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 24, 16 12:58 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
crystalwitch1955 wrote:Hi Jack/Sheila. I do the same but it's sometimes difficult to keep track as we can only gift 5 at a time and if 6 or 7 gift me, then I have to try to remember which ones I haven't returned a gift to - as well as the eternal problem of not always having what are on friends' wish lists. I do have a couple of arrangements, where I swap the same gift with someone to get the points for the achievement, so that's automatically 2 or 3 of the gifts allocated. You're on my friend list and I know you're active, Tifaya is another friend but I don't think she's playing anymore. Almost everyone else is guesswork

Actually you can gift 15 if you play it right. About 2a it will let you gift again and around 10a MST. You may have click on the gifting tab and once it loads get out and then go back in. Or at least I have to.

My name is Reba Runestone but right now it's Reba stamps trd. a96481.

I know that there are supposed to be 3 times that the gift allowance is renewed, but have never been sure what times. I play in UK. Also not always able to get to computer to play so frequently miss out on at least one new gift allowance and by the time I do play, often forget who has gifted me. And still have no way of checking who's still playing.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 23, 16 1:49 PM
jack7242 wrote:Hi again Crystal, sad to say that since I found out I can gift 3 times per day, I am staying up until 1.00am to gift, I don't do mornings!

Since the SE, I have over 110 friends, which takes me about a week to get round, but more regular gifters get visited more often, especially the ones on the lower levels who need more of a leg up.

Not actually noticed any drop outs, yet, I am just assuming that the slower gifters either have lots of friends too, or do not have any of the items on my wish list.

Yes my glass is usually half full, but I'm not saying what with.

LOL

posted in Midnight Castle on May 23, 16 8:01 AM
Hi Jack/Sheila. I do the same but it's sometimes difficult to keep track as we can only gift 5 at a time and if 6 or 7 gift me, then I have to try to remember which ones I haven't returned a gift to - as well as the eternal problem of not always having what are on friends' wish lists. I do have a couple of arrangements, where I swap the same gift with someone to get the points for the achievement, so that's automatically 2 or 3 of the gifts allocated. You're on my friend list and I know you're active, Tifaya is another friend but I don't think she's playing anymore. Almost everyone else is guesswork

posted in Midnight Castle on May 23, 16 5:59 AM
I really wish there was some kind of in-game individual messaging facility. Everyone who plays does not necessarily come onto the forum and it is really difficult to see who is still playing and who has given up. Even those players who are regulars on the forum don't always use the same name as they do in the game.I know some players put a message in their name bars but if there's more than a few letters, it's impossible to read. I'm thinking that 'friends' who are still showing their Christmas rooms may not be active anymore but that's not really much help.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 23, 16 5:53 AM
jack7242 wrote:
Jackie34918 wrote:WTG jack7242. You should be able to keep that score (over 348,000? is that you). That's pretty hard to beat. Congrats and here's one from me .

Sad to say I dropped into second place with 344593, but I'm way happy with that and the 70 diamonds I've just collected!

Congratulations - I'd be ecstatic if I got into the top 10, never mind 2nd place.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 23, 16 5:52 AM
Mamena wrote:lovetoplayhog, thank you for your reply you're right this is a great game I try to play for free but you have to wait at least 20 minutes to play again and by that time everybody else is ahead but I'II do my best and of course the wheel doesn't help with the 10% I don't know if it's me when the wheel is spinning it gets stuck and I can't move my courser does anybody have this problem or is it just me?

Thank you
Happy gaming

Helena ID# 465610
play on pc

Hi, it doesn't matter if everybody else gets ahead - even if you are first to play, then others can still overtake you and if you are last, you can still win if you have a high enough score. 20 minutes is easily taken up by doing some HOS. I share your irritation over the 10% time after time - I've been playing around two years and have only got into the top 100 once. I have never paid real money for diamonds though and am at level 71, so it can be done. Just enjoy the game.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 16, 16 2:57 PM
di4cherry wrote:Does anyone know of a games like Midnight Castle? As with all things it will eventually come to an end. I've been looking for a game to replace it with. I've played this game for 2 years now and love the ongoing challenges. Thanks,
Diana

Don't know of any games like MC, but don't think this game will come to an end in the near future. The one friend we all get to start us off is Just John, and he is at level 121, so I'm guessing that that is the top level available. It's taken me a couple of years to get to level 71 so, between the actual playing time and the delays while we wait for updates, I'm guessing (hoping) that we should have at least another year, and maybe the game devs will think of some more challenges to keep it going for even longer.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 13, 16 5:01 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:I noticed that the HOS events are no longer giving shards and coins.

Great spring event, even with a few glitches, it was fun. I never saw the extra few moments and anyone in my friend group I still have some spring rewards if they need them. I will be gone tomorrow but be back in evening, so sad to say my behind list of gifting us getting longer. If you haven't gotten anything from me it's I either don't have any of what you are asking for (mostly airship rewards) or I'm behind. Thanks to the generosity of my friends.

I'm still getting the shards and coins quite often for the HOS but I have noticed that the old rewards are coming more frequently, especially when I am on a quest. When I'm just trying to build inventory is when I mostly get the shards/coins

posted in Midnight Castle on May 12, 16 12:24 PM
1blazer1 wrote:Congratulations, Crystalwitch!

DeeDee

Thank you

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator