Posts created by Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 13, 18 10:56 AM
So sorry, Sharp Eye. Take care.
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 11, 18 2:59 PM
Here's wishing you well, Randy.
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 10, 18 3:46 PM
Roo's magic carpet sails away from Rapunzel's Tower. Roo herself grips me firmly around the middle, a little too tightly. She seems to be under the impression that I might dive off.

I sigh. The refrigerated speakers that I was trying to locate will have to wait. Hopefully I'll be able to retrace the tunnels to the Fairy Forest when I'm ready. I really don't want to wait until I level up high enough to travel there via the Map.

PTG's safety takes precedence, however!

"Just one thing, though…" I say to Roo.

"What's that?" she yells back.

"Just don't tell Randy where you found me?"

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 18 2:33 PM
I missed Christmas in the Special Room.
Things were just too crazy for me.
Sigh.
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 18 7:14 AM
Ah, but this way I can have my Cat and Rabbit too!
(okay, that attempt at a pun is so stretched it will probably snap back and hurt.)

Grim!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 18 6:11 AM
Dhyaniland wrote:

I think Elephant Games & Big Fish are missing the boat here ~ I'm sure (a whole lot of us would actually purchase Midnight Castle Merch if it was moderately priced.) Garments, keychains, paperweights, bumper stickers. Ooooh ~ stuffed animal (animated or not) PETS!

What else would YOU like to see in REAL LIFE???

XXOO ~ Dhyani

I still want my Calavera Cat t-shirt!

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 18 6:04 AM
2 million for Grimwald, as of Friday the 5th.

Cheers,
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 18, 17 4:47 AM
But you CAN earn a past avatar now - NEW with the current Winter Challenge!

Pull up the Castle Challenge calendar.
Select the circling arrows on the Little Match Girl avatar.
You should now be able to scroll through all past challenge avatars that you have missed. You can select one to win as the 30-day reward instead of the Little Match Girl.

The Match Girl's name must be Kate. And we all know you can't have your Kate and eat it too.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 18, 17 4:16 AM
The problem with this challenge is that there is absolutely no indication of when the 24 hour period starts. I did this achievement a year and a half ago and it took me three very expensive tries: once I also reached 47000 and it reset.

It is definitely not a rolling 24 hours, as you note.
I'm pretty sure that at the time I succeeded, the mechanics of the achievement did not start at game day roll, but others may know better.

Personally, I think the 24 hours starts when you earn your first coin when starting from 0. The only way to guarantee starting at 0 would be to not play for 24 hours.

The best thing to do might be to combine the two theories - do not play for 24 hours, and then start your 500000 attempt as close after game day roll as possible.

Good luck!
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 13, 17 6:51 PM
Oh, Randy.
Be well. Hugs and ferret kisses.
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 17 5:27 AM
Oh, Christmas 2 is much better looking than the first one! But now I'll need to do another Trina quest on the PC game. Grrrr.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 8:16 AM
I'm a rabbit!

Funny thing is, I'm a cat and ferret person, not a rabbit person. I think it's the anthropomorphism and costume that get me.

But I enjoy showing off new avatars when I get them. And the Calavera Cat has given the Easter Bunny serious competition. ~ I still want a Calavera Cat t-shirt!

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 2, 17 8:13 AM
Back in the Tea Room, the others crawl around on the floor collecting dust bunnies. I doodle a quick To-Do list on a napkin.

1 - Acquire new laptop and secondary monitor (Skull Pete)
2 - Scout out new hangout (back alleys of Town?)

DD, Elsa and Roo, each chasing a dust bunny, have collided and are now clutching their heads. PTG's broom, and Mrs. Fletcher with her own broom, swing vigorously at dust bunnies swarming across the ceiling. I wonder whatever happened with that major infestation in the Castle cafeteria? It was big news in the paper for a while and then - silence.

3 - Dare to investigate the Castle cafeteria?
4 - Explore and map newly discovered tunnel system (moat entrance)
a - Need cotton balls (to block sound/music)

Ooh, I bet my own music and headphones will work just as well. Should have thought of that sooner!

b - mp3 player, extra earphones

I get out my mp3 player, pop in headphones and start a lively J-Pop playlist -
- just as PTG's broom enthusiastically knocks some dust bunnies from the ceiling onto the table in front of me -
- and ZZZZAAAAAPPP!

A huge static electricity discharge knocks me over backwards. Every single dust bunny in the Tea Room disintegrates. I'm lying on my back, my fur bristling like crazy. Dimly I hear exclamations from the others as they try to pat their own hair back down.

I clutch at my device, punching its little wheel and home button. The display lights up fizzily, but my stomach plummets. 110 GB of songs - thousands of songs, sorted into lovely useful playlists! - have been wiped clean. My iPod is empty, deceased, and anachronistic.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 30, 17 11:02 AM
I'm afraid I think that the Christmas room is only slightly less barbaric-looking than the basic room, so I've seen no rush to switch from one to the other. Just for you, PTG! - I am going to switch over a couple of days early.

But that means I need to complete a Trina quest first. Grrrrr. I didn't have the PC Castle going last Christmas, only iOS.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 29, 17 2:43 PM
Is he a nut or what! Somehow I didn't expect him to start out with the blank mannequin, and that really made me laugh this morning.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 28, 17 3:15 PM
Can't wait!
Do we get to incorporate this into the Special Room?

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 25, 17 7:27 PM
My phone displays coordinates that do not match up against the known Castle floor plan. That might suggest we've gotten into an old maintenance hallway once used and now forgotten by the Developers themselves, no longer necessary as this section of the MC universe is long since up and running.

My ear twitches: the sound of footsteps rapidly diminishes down the tunnel. The song about pink and blue and yellow and green ends, and "Small World" begins. DD moans and slumps to one side.

That settles it. We need better preparation before we can explore further.

I hoist DD over my shoulder and stagger back the way we came.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 22, 17 6:36 AM
The tunnel, as we go further in, looks less like a tunnel and more like an abandoned service hallway. Music crackles over a sound system badly in need of repair. It's not a song I'm familiar with, but I can just make out something about "a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one."

Is this a new plot regarding the pills?! I've worked so hard these past months to wean everyone off them. PTG is always suspicious of the Castle CEO…. but PTG himself just went back to the Hospital Wing to hide under his bed for a while. That suddenly seems highly suspicious too.

I've got to find a new computer terminal as soon as possible, see if I can stop this. I turn to DD to tell her to hurry, but she is holding her hands over her ears, humming loudly and rocking back and forth.

This is sooo not good.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 21, 17 5:17 PM
Eight "gifts for a friend" to go, and I'll have enough to finish the Home Town Santa achievement. And I'm right on target with Tiramasue's calculation of 38,000 scenes for 1000 gifts - I've done 37,992.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 21, 17 3:39 PM
PTG has abandoned us in the Tea Room, complaining of a "headache and boredom," and cautioning us to behave ourselves until he returns.

Headache, huh. I'm the one who landed on my head.

DD and I twiddle our thumbs dutifully for about five minutes. Then almost in unison: "Want to explore that tunnel some more?"

We light out, just as Doc Poppet comes up from Town, and Roo, Angel, and Elsa approach from Salty's. By the time they meet Mrs. Fletcher at the front door of the Tea Roon, DD and I are long gone.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator