Posts created by tezaber

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:52 AM
The only suggestion I have with these "seaside" levels is to look for buildings on the coastline that don't have that requirement to be built. For instance, if you have any houses, destroy those and rebuild them inward somewhere, freeing up more seaside property. This can get tricky, but destoying and rebuilding smaller buildings inland usually frees up enough space.

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:50 AM
For materials, what I do is see what production buildings are available, then build something--anything--from that list. Each of them provide materials, some higher than others, so build whatever you can afford....also hover your mouse over each of those buildings to see the pop up, which will tell you how much money and materials that building will generate with each cycle.

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:46 AM
Yes, I have the same problems at the higher levels, due I'm sure to all the animation going on, from people to volcanos to birds to thieves, etc. One thing that does help a LOT.....zoom in as far as possible, then try to scroll to the sides or up and down, which does seem to work. If you can make it to any of the corners (upper-left, for example), far enough where the blacked-out edge along the top and left side come into view, then the game speed should pick up again and allow you to breathe easier for the moment

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:39 AM
I had the same trouble, then this is how I solved the problem.....I went to the bottom half of the screen where those original houses were standing at the beginning of the level. I removed them, built other houses toward the middle of the city to replace them, then used that extra coastline, where I placed some of the smaller "coast only" buildings. Then I was able to finally place a Club Z near the top of the screen, right near the water source. It takes a bit of "destroying then rebuilding" a bunch of smaller buildings in order to free up space. And also don't be afraid to play around with roads, since they can be a hassle as well. There's one or two levels where the building requirements seem to be at the maximum for the alloted space, so this is how I got through them, but shifting stuff around. One hint when doing this...be sure to build temporary alternate roads before tearing down buildings or current roads. If you don't, then sometimes you might not be able to build the larger buildings because a disconnected road to required buildings would make the button of the building your attempting to build fade out, because the game won't recognize the requirements if they aren't always connected.

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:30 AM
Yes, remember to watch for those pop-up windows, which are a huge help. When you hover your mouse over the Juice Stand button (or any of the building buttons) you will see a small pop-up window, and these windows show icons (along with the amount) of things you need to add. In this case....you'll find a pop-up window showing what is needed before being able to build a juice stand, such as an icon for an orchard. Therefore, go under "Production" to find the orchard building, and once it's built, then go back to the Juice Stand building button and you'll find it lit up/available. These pop-up windows are a life-saver since it's sometimes hard to remember what types of building are needed, what size population is required, etc. to making other buildings available.

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:28 AM
When you hover your mouse over the Juice Stand button (or any of the building buttons) you will see a small pop-up window, and these windows show icons (along with the amount) of things you need to add. In this case....you'll find a pop-up window showing what is needed before being able to build a juice stand, such as an icon for an orchard. Therefore, go under "Production" to find the orchard building, and once it's built, then go back to the Juice Stand building button and you'll find it lit up/available. These pop-up windows are a life-saver since it's sometimes hard to remember what types of building are needed, what size population is required, etc. to making other buildings available.

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 26, 09 8:20 AM
I love this game also. One of the best in a long while. I agree with what's been said earlier. I find it a bit frustrating you can't rotate the buildings at all, and you can't view the world from different angles. And it seems that no matter when I'm attempting to find a location to place a large or difficult-shaped building, then the stupid alerts pop up....it would be nice if the police, firemen, hospital folks would respond without prompting.

One other thing that would be great....perhaps have a choice regarding resolution. Although the game runs smoothly in many levels, it really starts to drag in higher levels (so much so, that I sometimes have to click and hold down the mouse button for the "road" or "hammer" button, or building buttons to respond, or click them multiple times) because there are so many animated graphics being engaged. It gets to the point where the thief is moving faster than the mouse can respond because the mose pointer jerks across the screen, which makes it difficult to alert the police. I typically have to zoom in as far as possible to even be able to scroll the screen up/down/right/left because of all the people, volcano bursts, sparks, alerts, etc. that are moving around.

Of course, I'd also love to see an even more immense world, more buildings, etc., as well as even more sandbox worlds to customize, but for the most part, and despite the above graphic complaint, I really enjoyed this one. When I reached the end to see the information hinting at a sequel, I immediately got anxious...can't wait!

posted in Paradise Beach on Sep 22, 09 3:08 PM
For me, the game won't even load. I click on the "Play Now" link and it pops right to the "Buy Now" page. Too bad, since this looks like a decent game....instead, it was a thirty minute waste of time downloading and fiddling with the Play Now button for nothing.

posted in Hollywood Tycoon on Jun 29, 09 6:30 PM
Neither can I, and of course, there's nothing under the "Help" section that tells you what I may be doing wrong. Anyway, I can't play the game, so screw it.

posted in Jetsetter on Jan 25, 09 9:10 AM
Actually this is the only game that's given me trouble. I downloaded and installed two other games this morning---one before and one after---and they were also "normal" speed (under 5 minutes). But this one....not sure what was going on, but it was a bear to install.

posted in Jetsetter on Jan 25, 09 8:49 AM
To anyone trying to download this game, word of warning.....never have I experienced such an EXTREMELY long installation time. More than 2 hours now, and only about 80% installed. For such a relatively small file size, the installation is absolutely ridiculous! Heck, even a major game such as The Sims and all its many, many add-ons took half the time to install. I wish the game manager would allow you to stop or even pause the installation process once it begins, but it doesn't, so prepare to spend a TON of time waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting and make sure you have nothing important to do on your computer since everything else will run "jerky" while this stupid game finishes installing. As I said, RIDICULOUS!!! Please, Big Fish staff, consider updating the game manager and add a "pause" or "stop" option for the installation process! PLEASE!!!

posted in Be Rich on Jan 7, 09 10:09 AM
I also ran into a problem with the game, which stops it from fully loading. I uninstalled the game once, then reuploaded it and tried again, but it happened every time.

Here's the error message in its entirety.....

-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
The method call is invalid. For example, a method's parameter might not be valid.

Occurred:
at GraphicsD3D8Impl: CompilePixelShadow
at GraphicsD3D8Impl: CreateBuffers
at GraphicsD3D8Impl: SetMode
at MyGameApp: Initialize
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 27, 08 5:42 PM
Frankly, I think it's the WORST of all the Mystery Case Files games. The "hidden objects" part of the game takes a huge back seat to the obnoxious puzzles, and all the running back and forth with stupid items is frustrating. The game ceased being fun even before I got to the stupid telephone connection puzzle, which doesn't have a "skip" feature and, because it can't be solved in under a bloody hour of toying with the blasted thing has ground the entire game to a halt. A waste of money, especially when getting no enjoyment out of the whole thing because it's way too complicated and frustrating for its own good!!!!!!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 27, 08 5:33 PM
I agree with everyone here....this telephone thing is time-wasting nonsense! And there is NO option for a "Solve Puzzle" hint!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I purchased this game hoping the series would get back to the good ol' days of Prime Suspect...instead, there's nothing but those obnoxious door puzzles yet again (whoever created them should be shot because they're too clever for their own darned good...and that's NOT a good thing) and, in my opinion, this is the WORST game of the lot. It stopped being fun about 2 hours ago and this telephone garbage is the last straw. The creators of the game can take their telephone puzzles and shove 'em! I certainly won't be waiting for the next in the series unless it goes back to something enjoyable instead of frustrating.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator