Posts created by Poof11

posted in Rite of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition on May 2, 15 6:46 PM
I found that you only had to click on the 2nd and 3rd button to get the tentacles into the correct position but either had to exit and come back in or click on the octopus head to get it to accept and have it put into my inventory. For some reason, it seems as though I've had to do extra steps to get the mini games to accept the correct answer in this game.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition on May 2, 15 6:40 PM
My first issue is the difficulty setting will not stay. I first set it to a custom setting with no hint and no sparkles on active areas or HOS. Well, all of a sudden I notice the hint button is still lit. I redid my selection and the hint button would not turn off, it just kept resetting all of my choices to selecting all items. Then I decided to go for the hard core setting without hints and skips. At first it worked but then lo and behold the hint button is lit back up. The only reason I have been doing this is this seems to be the only way I DO NOT get glints during HOS to show me where the items I am supposed to be looking for are.
Second, I am finding that the mini games are not accepting the correct answer on the first try. The first time this happened was with the Octopus in the beginning of the game. Even though I had everything set, it would not accept it until I either exited out and came back in or clicked on the head or upper tentacles. Other games, I had to do something similar or hit outside of the working area. Currently, I am stuck on trying to get the gems set on the cane. Even though I have placed them according to the statues necklace, it will not accept it and I cannot proceed without it.
I agree with you all about how annoying the "Oars" statement. Annoying!
I think this is the fourth game in the past two weeks that I cannot continue until a fix is put through plus others that I have sitting waiting for something since the beginning of the year. Even more annoying! I have never had issues like this in the past with BFG. If I had 4 problems in the past 6 years that may have been it and they were always reconciled.

posted in Dark Romance: Heart of the Beast Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 15 7:45 PM
I had something similar happen in the beginning of the game where it said the statue needed a flag but in turn the statue needed a rose.

posted in Dark Romance: Heart of the Beast Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 15 7:43 PM
Game froze to a black screen with nothing but a magnifying glass after I lit the cannon and tried to enter either a HO scene or mini game. Playing on Win8.1 all updates done and have way more than enough memory....my computer was built specifically for games. I hope this gets fixed since I still cannot finish last weeks CE unless I want to restart and risk the same thing happening so close to the end of the game....not gonna happen.

posted in Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 15 6:49 PM
Well I've been able to play through to the demons puzzle. As soon as I thought that I had completed it correctly, I received the following error: Unknown exception in Run(), which of course locked it up. Once I was able to get back into the game I get through to hit play and immediately get the error beep and then the same run error. I cannot proceed and I will not start over with a new profile to only have this happen again. I cannot continue the game unless there is a fix to correct this problem.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 15 4:42 AM
shelterhill wrote:Hint is not working...

Screen also too smal, but got that fixed within the options..

Cursor is lacking as well..

Check the difficulty options again and see if the hint is selected. When I had set my options for custom difficulty, I did notice that the hint button was not selected and left if that way since I am finding that if it is selected, the developers have decided to show me glints as to where all the items are in HO scenes even when I have selected the longest hint times, etc.
I hope this helps you.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 15 4:36 AM
I have just finished the demo of this game where I was toward the end of chapter 3. If this game only has 5 chapters, then this will be quite a quick finish for most. No where did the game tell you that there were collectibles. The guide only gives you access to the first 3 chapters and nothing else. Even though I had selected the tutorial to only show me new elements to this game, I was given no instructions what so ever, which is normally where you would be told that their is something to find as in the evil faces. I had scanned the first few scenes pretty well and did not find anything, and had assumed that there weren't any collectibles but according to Dax there are. This game left me kinda flat. I'm not really sure if I would buy now with the sale or wait to use my free punch card code when it comes out in SE version. I didn't find anything spectacular about it to really qualify it as a CE version. As others have stated, I too agree that this one isn't equal in quality compared to the other 1000 doors games.

The only thing I can think of is if you go into the collectibles section you may find what you are looking for.
I lost all of my progress at the very end of the bonus game and nothing that I had collected or had done saved. It seems to me as though the collections section has a few more mystery items for you to decode.
Hope this helps some.

Played the full game and bonus game without any problem until I got to the last puzzle. Since there was not reset button and no way to exit out of this area, I decided to go back to the main menu hoping it would reset the mini game. Well, it not only reset the mini game it reset everything. I completely lost all of my game progress, achievements, etc. (Found all of the masks, finished all HOS/mini games without any hints, etc)
Also, in the collections room it does not save any of your progress either. What is the use of figuring out the correct code in the one to get the name...you can't pick it up you cannot do anything but exit out only to find out that everything else that you had done is gone, gone, gone. Like the picture I spent about 30 minutes on.
Very frustrated.....and no, I will not be replaying this game if they fix it. I was done. This is really irritating. I would have liked to have seen if there were any other clues or additional items but guess not.

posted in Living Legends - Wrath of the Beast Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 15 11:27 AM
I am working on the bonus game and am trying to complete the 3 bear puzzle. Well, the one bear is now attached to the sun and I cannot get them to separate for the life of me. I have been sitting here for almost 30 minutes trying everything to get them to separate but even though the bear is the only thing highlighted, both move in conjunction. I really hate to skip puzzles and am really surprised that there is no reset button since most of the puzzles in this game had one.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

posted in Living Legends - Wrath of the Beast Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 15 11:22 AM
There are definitely 34 morphing objects. I had found all of them. If you are checking the SG, I did notice that I found some of mine in locations other than where the picture had shown, like in the house where you have to add the 3 weapons to the cage door. It only shows one item where there is definitely two items there to be picked up. Hope this helps.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 15 12:55 PM
So, after not being able to play this game on my Win8.1 computer I decided to try it out on my Win7 one. Well folks, it worked perfectly. No glitches, well except for one area which put additional stuff back that wasn't needed but it did not affect my game. The strategy guide worked but was missing an index so you needed to scroll through from wherever you left off. I also cannot comment on the sound issue since my Win7 computer doesn't have speakers attached. I did incur the same problem as others though on the Win8 computer with the sound disappearing.
Someone had mentioned that the developers are the same as for Labyrinths of the world. I had held out hope for a fix until a few days ago and finally tried it on my Win7 computer and was finally able to play it. Sadly, most people don't have access to 2 computers with different operating systems. This developer needs to figure out what they are programming wrong that their games are causing so many access violations, black screens, freezing, etc. and not ignore them like they did when Labyrinths was released. They even had the nerve to release the SE with the same problems. 4 months later and still nothing. According to some of the posters who had Beta tested the game, they did not have these issues, so it seems as though this error may have been added after the beta was resubmitted for final approval. Sad really.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 15 12:41 PM
lexus1girl wrote:I am on the last section with the printer and the fan. I tried the hint button and its not really telling me what to do. Im trying to get the ink cartridge out of the fan. Any suggestions?

When you open up the area with the fan you will notice your magic box opens. Use the remote to shut off the fan.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 15 4:36 AM
Well, add me to the list. The game first froze upon loading the game after I had changed my options and selected my custom level. Had to restart the computer to continue and reloaded the game to where I was able to play until I reached the suitcase puzzle. Once I added all the pictures the game froze once again as the last picture was added.
I am also using Win8.1, Intel Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, 10GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M with 2GB ram. As you can see this has plenty to run this game. I rarely have a problem playing games, generally it is when there is a glitch in the game itself. My computer is completely up to date. Matter of fact, updated prior to downloading the game. I am going to go back in and try the game but turn off the special effects to see if that helps alleviate the problem. Will check back.

ETA: I did try the game by unclicking the special effects. Surprisingly, the game seemed to run so much better, it actually seemed as though I was getting better special effects if that is possible but then...I got into another area (don't want to spoil anything) and then black screen. Had to open task manager and sign off to get back to my desktop. I am now going to try downloading this game on my Win7 computer with almost the same specs as the above computer to see if there is a difference with the OS. Will check back with my findings.

For those who are having problems with the game locking up, you do not have to completely shut down the computer to keep going. If you hit Cntrl, Alt, Del the list will come up with task manager, sign out, etc. If you select sign out and re-sign in it will take you back to your desktop without having to reboot.

posted in Living Legends - Wrath of the Beast Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 15 10:15 PM
You need to open the crate on the bottom left with the lemur. He'll chase after him once free,

Why oh Why do the developers do this? I opened up the HO scene and within less than 2 seconds the glints start flashing as to where the objects are. I play on custom mode without hints or skips if possible. You completely lose any challenge to a game if you are going to give away where all of the objects are. If I can't find an item isn't that what a hint button is for? Or am I not playing the game fast enough for you? I like to sit back, take my time, read the list, peruse the scene and then click away...particularly if there are achievements for find 3 objects in 3 seconds, 10 in 10 seconds and so on.
My other pet peeve is when you are clicking away at multiple items for an achievement then it stops your momentum by telling you you've just gained that achievement. Can't you put that off until the HO scene is completed so you can try for multiple achievements?
I'll get off my soapbox now but thanks for listening.

This card game does not have a reset but instead you have to lay out all of the cards then you will be able to click on one and switch it with another to fill that space.

I answered this question in a previous post under the morphing objects subject. Sorry, didn't see this prior to answering.

ETA: I was able to copy and paste the answer from the other subject.

cjones357 wrote:
"I usually just wind up clicking on the morphing objects by accident.
I have another problem. I am about 2 tasks to finish the game and play the bonus chapter. You must maneuver a kite through a storm and land it on 3 symbols. It'a like trying to move it through a maze because the symbols you don't need get in the way of the kite. Either nobody is playing this game or nobody is having any trouble.. If there is anyone out there who has any ideas on how in the world to get to the 3rd symbol, I'd really appreciate it. I just had to quit the game because I thought I could be there all night trying to move around a stormy sky to get the last prize. There has to be an easier way to do it rather than sitting here bumping into stuff I don't need."

I realize my answer is a little late and hopefully you have already gotten past this puzzle, but just in case: You need to take notice of the wind shifts when moving the kite. If I remember correctly, the last symbol to get is at the top in the middle. After getting the second symbol you should be at the bottom. Grab your kite, and go slightly to the right (since you have a wind blowing from the left and then one on your top right blowing down, which will send you right back to where you were if you go to far) and then up, a little left and onto the last symbol.
I hope this helps.

cjones357 wrote:I usually just wind up clicking on the morphing objects by accident.
I have another problem. I am about 2 tasks to finish the game and play the bonus chapter. You must maneuver a kite through a storm and land it on 3 symbols. It'a like trying to move it through a maze because the symbols you don't need get in the way of the kite. Either nobody is playing this game or nobody is having any trouble.. If there is anyone out there who has any ideas on how in the world to get to the 3rd symbol, I'd really appreciate it. I just had to quit the game because I thought I could be there all night trying to move around a stormy sky to get the last prize. There has to be an easier way to do it rather than sitting here bumping into stuff I don't need.

I realize my answer is a little late and hopefully you have already gotten past this puzzle, but just in case: You need to take notice of the wind shifts when moving the kite. If I remember correctly, the last symbol to get is at the top in the middle. After getting the second symbol you should be at the bottom. Grab your kite, and go slightly to the right (since you have a wind blowing from the left and then one on your top right blowing down, which will send you right back to where you were if you go to far) and then up, a little left and onto the last symbol.
I hope this helps.

posted in Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition on Dec 15, 14 11:31 PM
Whenever a download is taking longer than usual, I normally do a speed test on my internet. This can be found via your providers webpage or just do a search. Or, I just take a pencil tip or paper clip and reset my box since sometimes your provider has a slow glitch, updated and needs a reboot, etc. This normally works for me and gets me right back up to the split second speed that I am accustomed to. Hopefully, you all have your speed back to normal but I thought I'd just give this little tip just in case.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator