Posts created by NorthStorm

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 25, 14 9:31 AM
tanzya wrote:It gets worse, it says you need 20 hats and 20 hand candles, when when I got 20 hats, it changed to needing 30 hats!!

It always asked for 30 hats. I tought I also saw 20 of each, but that's because when Jack disseapered, the pumpkin basket was asking for 20 of each.

Now we have to technically visit 50 rooms to get these items, with a drop rate of 2/3, that's about 75 rooms to collect the items needed. Plus some 10/15 minutes to banish the witch to get the collection. I know they need to occupy us with new stuff to do, but seriously that's a bit too much.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 24, 14 4:48 PM
That's strange, for me after banishing her 50 time, I was able to craft 1 collection and had everything for at least 2 others minus the rabbits.

If you have either the goldfish or the wand from Christmas, use it. The witch will give out collectibles almost every time you banish her.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 24, 14 4:46 PM
You can always change your name, just click in the space where it's written "player" and enter the name you'd like to use.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 24, 14 4:45 PM
I got my ancient chest today, got 2500 coins, 14 diamonds and a pumpkin soup that restore 13% of total energy. Not worth it, for me anyways. Also, you lose one collection of the Halloween 2014!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 23, 14 6:55 AM
The witch hat and the candle hand can only be obtained by completing HOS, if you still have amulets that raise the time you get for HOS, use them. That might raise the chance of you getting one or the other.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 21, 14 12:50 PM
If you still wanna banish Jack and not run around the map, I suggest you stick to the third island, he's boxed in and cant go that far! As well, you can work on banishing the floaters there to get the access keys.

The rewards we get from crafting the collection is not that big, but running around in the different rooms to get the gingerdead (yes I read you other post ) and the taffy apple is quite repetitive also. I wished there had been tasks like in the Christmas special so that we could occupy on mind on something else while crafting the pumpkin baskets.

Maybe stuffing Jack with a brain should make us think of doing the same to ourselves and stop running around for him... just a tought

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 17, 14 5:16 AM
This is the first time I play the Halloween special and I'm a bit dissapointed too. I spent so much time banishing Holloween Jack, over 250 times, and was able to craft only 5 Halloween collections. I tried different amulets and it didn't help much. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just blitz rooms on the first island to :

1) reach sensei level in every room
2) collect the pumpkin basket instead

The only other special I played was Christmas last year. After that I stopped playing Found because I wasn't having as much fun with the "plain" version. Altough now with the special going on, the floaters seems to be more generous with their items (spool of wire go! go! go!)

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 15, 14 6:04 AM
buckingham wrote:what is the snow fairy

Snow fairy is a special floater we got from the Christmas special, it helps you craft different items (200 energy points, access keys to location, crafting objects like ribbons and glass vessels, and last option is called random item which gives you that : a random object).

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 15, 14 6:01 AM
efi24 wrote:This is exactly what we got for last year's Halloween collection. But we had an entire collection and floaters... not just a basket... the horseshoe helps get the candies??

I think the horseshoe amulet helped get the collectibles to craft the Halloween collection (prize being the mechanical heart and flaming pumpkin). Halloween Jack is around somewhere on the map, if you can't locate him, try the third island, the space where he can hide is reduced.

I tried hitting the Atlantis room, working on the last level to reach sensei, and got alot more brains to banish Halloween Jack than gingerbread men or apples.

I just want to point out that when I banished floaters from the Hunter's House, the first banished floater all gave me brains (15 of them), the second cell gave me 15 black lollipop and the third cell 15 orange lollipop. And that on the first and second island. Also, I think the floaters are a bit more generous, the ghosts gave me quite a few cloaks as well.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 14, 14 10:10 PM
I've been banishing floaters to try and get these items and the only ones I get are the black or orange lollipop. I tried a few, about 10, rooms and got brains and one gingerbread man. So at thid rate I'd have to hit something like a 100 rooms to be able to get one pumpkin basquet. Is it really worth it?

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 14, 14 7:00 PM
I finally got the 200 purchases to open up the random item from the Snow Fairy and I have to say that I'm dissapointed I used it 2 times, got a jailor's shirt and one hourglass which is quite poor items. I had to wait 8 hours, the shirt I could have gotten in 2 hours and the hourglass by just buying it with coins. I just wish we could craft silver plates and such so that I could do the Rajmahal without having to banish floaters over and over...

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 14, 14 6:51 PM
The cost of banishing floaters with the Hunter's House is less than what you would pay if you banished the floters on the map, the only downside is that you have to wait for a period of time (2, 7 or 12h). On the two first islands, you will get one open cell in each Hunter's House. You can banish any of the floaters available on that particular island. It can be quite usefull on the second island, since you can pay with coins to banish a floater that would cost you diamonds.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 10, 14 3:43 PM
I now realise that my game doesn't minimize itself anymore, this used to happen even when I was playing HO scenes. Now I haven't had that trouble (know on wood)

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 9, 14 5:34 PM
Like some others mentionned I too got an error message regarding the outdated version of the game, I've uninstalled and re-installed and was able to play. Nothing seems to have changed.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 8, 14 9:25 PM
Rest assured that in the next update they will come up with a way to use the pink cocktail umbrellas that will dissapear from your inventory in mear minutes...

What I wouldlike to trave are the collectibles from the zodiac, postcard, treasures and medals collections. How could I possibly craft over 600 collections of each of those!?!

I would be fun to be able to give more then one item at a time, like maybe 5 ribbons, or silver chains, etc. I do understand the limit of one collectible, but the rest of the crafting items (and hopefully the access keys in the next update) should be gifted in a larger number. That's my two cents...

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 4, 14 9:40 PM
For my part it would be the first time I'd play Halloween. With all the buzz on the forum, I can't wait to try it

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 4, 14 9:39 PM
I still have lots of missions left, but I try to bundle them up so that I can do multiple ones at the same time, visiting the Rajmahal, observatory or the reaf is way too expensive to do it on a whim.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 4, 14 9:36 PM
Crafting multiple collections when a mission ask for more then one is easy. Just visit each location where the items are, when they are marked with the exclamation point "!" you should get them quite easily. Once you crafted the first collection, redo as many times as you need to. Now the dreaded 6/8 tool kits, the keys, or even the curing balms can be done in no time! No more relying on your luck to get the items.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 2, 14 1:53 PM
trixiebubbles wrote:I posted that and of course can't find the post now, but it's 250 total.....
From high to low...100,50,33,20,12,10,8,7,6,5.....so if you are on the next to the last level, it's 100 to advance(1%)......(I know that adds up to 251 but the 7,6 levels are approx.)

Thank you Trixie for your anwser!

That's what I feared... now I need to collect 1500 silver plates, 750 glass containers, 750 spool of wires.... totally insane! And I don't even want to think about the access keys

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 1, 14 11:55 AM
If you've been waiting for these items for a long time, try the Wishing Well. Spin the 500 coin roulette until you get a free spin and go for the 3 diamond one. It may not drop the first time, but it usually do after a few tries. Also I did get full collections and/or collection items from the giftbox of the daily quests, as well as from the giftbox of the 10 night scenes.

After I got the item from there, it appeared in a location or floater. I wonder if it's because we get missions that are too advanced for our level. At times I swear I get missions that should be for higher levels and then get a mission to banish 5 lemures! Insane!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator