Posts created by GradGames

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Mar 20, 12 9:01 AM
Hey all you Big Fishers out there-

I recently got back from GDC and met with BFG and am happy to report that I have officially started working on a sequel to Best in Show. Based on everyone's feedback over the past couple months, I can confirm the following additions/improvements:

1. Commentators! - So obvious - sorry we didn't have them in the first one
2. Puppies - we're going to simplify the stats tracking. You'll start with a Puppy that will eventually "evolve" into the full grown dog - unlocking abilities based on experience.
3. Multiple Decks to choose from
4. Event Cards - randomly appear and affect the hand

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 26, 11 7:48 AM
Poop Bags - add additional undos (you get only 1 per hand) but purchasing poop bags will add to this number.... if you purchase 5 - you'll get 5 extra undos.

The Dog Whistle - can only be purchased once and increases your chance of training a dog with a dog treat.

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 20, 11 8:10 AM
There are over 300 hands to play - so that achievement only requires that you accumulate 100 perfects while playing.

The 5,000 cards played achievement will also be unlocked as you get deeper in the game (every card you clear counts towards this). You can check your progress in the stats screen on many of these achievements.

As you play through the game, and unlock dog special abilities, you'll want to choose the right dog for the job. Some dogs help you increase your combos, others destroy fences and scare off squirrels. Check out the Best in Show Walkthrough for more information on this: Best in Show Solitaire Walkthrough

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 19, 11 8:49 AM
[removed by moderator]

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 19, 11 7:54 AM
It's great being able to read all the feedback about Best in Show.... If the game does well and we move onto a sequel I think it's a pretty universal requirement that we get a commentator/announcer. That would be awesome!

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 19, 11 7:48 AM
kdubs wrote:I've switched dogs several times during my first 1.5 hours.

This is about the only time I would ever think it's so great to have a dog of mine that will dig under a fence .

Collecting/switching dogs is definitely what it's all about... wait till you start getting massive combos with the Irish Jack or biting through cards with the Pitbull.

For those people a little confused by the depth, check out Big Fish's Wakthrough on their blog.

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 18, 11 9:45 AM
You do need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008. If the GM messes up installing it, you can grab it right from Microsoft:

[removed by moderator]

I know Win XP SP3 doesn't come with this pre-installed, but Win7 might.

posted in Best in Show Solitaire on Oct 18, 11 9:40 AM
MEnr56-

When you get a "Dog Unlocked" message that means new dogs are available at the Pet Store for purchase... save up your money and visit the Pet Store to purchase new dogs.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator