Posts created by Freka

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Oct 20, 13 3:26 PM
I definitely prefer the original version. This is like New Coke -- it isn't as good. Heck, I liked pulling the bar and sometimes you got some really neat prizes. Fortunately, I have the original version, Classic Plants vs. Zombies, on my PC with no Internet access.

posted in Dragon Crossroads on Dec 15, 12 9:07 PM
I was getting the pause screen almost every other click too. That one I could live with. However, I never saw a time bar the whole hour I played -- and I looked! Seems counter-productive in a TM game!

Then I saw all these bugs other people were getting as the game progressed. Not good at all.

It could be a very nice game, as soon as the developers fix all the bugs. Did they evey beta-test this game? Heck, did they ever alpha-test it? Call me when the bugs are fixed, after the developers have played the game a few times on different computers, and I'll buy it.

posted in Family Vacation California on Nov 16, 12 9:01 AM
retiredgreat, remember this is a doll. The shoes don't look like human shoes.

posted in Family Vacation California on Nov 16, 12 8:56 AM
I agree with renake. Way to easy! Fitting the luggage was actually matching the luggage to the outlines. No need to fit anything in. The next puzzle was another pipe problem.

The graphics are bright and cheery. I think children would especially like this game.

posted in Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission on Nov 15, 12 2:12 PM
With a walkthru or better hint system, I would probably buy this. But a hint that says "use something in your inventory" when I've tried everything in my inventory -- just not on the right place -- is not helpful. It was too frustrating.

Unfortunately, I used up the whole demo. I've re-demoed some games and bought them after I'd had more experience. Unless BF changes the demo rules. It would be nice if people were able to re-demo a DD or TGTW during the time it is on sale. I used to be an M3/HOG only gamer. I've now moved out into strategy (thanks to Royal Envoy) and adventure. The re-demo time could be between 20 and 30 minutes, rather than the hour. I don't think BF would lose any sales, but they might gain some.

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Nov 14, 12 7:59 AM
Bilyeu5, it starts out relatively easy. The timer is really a day. You get to start the day and there are times you'll be grateful when it ends. However, the bugs start coming fast and furious. You have to kill them while watering the plants and collecting the flowers.

Personally, I found the game cute, and was disappointed when the trial ended. However, I was already at a level where I couldn't click fast enough to save my plants. So I shan't be buying it.

You really ought to take the free trial, rather than depend on someone else's opinion. You might find killing bugs easier than I did and really like this game. As I said, the timer is just the day and there is nothing you absolutely must accomplish in a day -- no gold points or anything.

posted in Mysteryville 2 on Nov 13, 12 8:05 AM
Timed hidden object scenes?

I purposely failed a level. All the objects were in exactly the same place and I was looking for exactly the same objects in exactly the same order. Oh, yes. with all of the left column to write in, I only got three outlines at a time.

Thank you for giving me a DD I shan't buy! You've offered another CE I will, later in the day. This is becoming an expensive month!

posted in Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance on Nov 7, 12 6:58 AM
This game has a very interesting title. I like the idea you can get more hints by finding stars. Other than that, I like nothing about any of the games from this developer.

Sorry, Bigfish, it is on my permanent "Don't buy" list.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune on Nov 3, 12 1:41 PM
I like this game. The HOS are nice and clear. None of those dark places you click and something comes out and you say "Well, I got that one!" I far prefer a scene where the item I think I am clicking for is the item I get.

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Nov 3, 12 1:27 PM
Thanks, minesita, for the puzzle explanation.

I bought it without the explanation because it still looks like a good game. But being able to solve it will make it better.

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Nov 2, 12 2:29 PM
minesita wrote:Really I'm dumb!!!
I mixed the question. Is not the flower's puzzle I want to ask,is the dresser's puzzle.
But luckily I read more in the forum, and Cateia explained it making me understand it perfectly. Really is a very challenging game Now, I bought it, and I'll play very slowly.
Thank you BF and the Devs.

I also was baffled by the dresser puzzle. I checked through the "developers' speak" discussion and couldn't find any reference to it. Could you please supply me the page where you foiund the explanation.

Thank you,
kjd

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Enchanted Canvases on Oct 21, 12 11:38 AM
I agree that the hints could be improved, but I find this far better than the previous Visions in Gold. With that one, I was just clicking around to find the circle to put things in. with this one, I've been able to do most of it without hints and I don't need hints to find the circles.

The puzzles have been fairly easy. When doing the demo, I tend to skip puzzles that seem the least bit difficult (get onto the game proper), but I think I did all the games I met. The hardest was the last one I got to, the gears, but even there, you could put the big ones on easily -- they would only fit in one place. Then play around with the smaller ones -- but there weren't that many that the possibilities were very few.

I'll get this one.

posted in Artist Colony on Oct 12, 12 5:34 PM
Wish I could say I liked this game. It is a nice concept, but there has to be a better way of moving people than drag-and-drag-and-drag-and-drop. My hand was hurting and I finally quit after 40 minutes, figuring there is no way I would buy this, so why hurt any longer?

posted in Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™ on Oct 12, 12 4:34 PM
Because of the Breast Cancer donations, I'd really like to buy this, but I have scads of straight hidden object games and this doesn't really add anything to them.

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Oct 9, 12 11:58 AM
The heroes seem to be only useful in quests. I've sent them out on some, but mostly I ignore the quests and concentrate on the town. Wizard towers will kill the monsters usually. Once I watched a wizard tower, right next to a monster, let the monster destroy two houses without a single zap!

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Oct 9, 12 11:42 AM
This is what I did (copied from another of my posts):

I did it by using my cash to increase the workers to 6 and buying lumber twice. I built 2 lumber mills and 2 stone mills and upgraded them to royal. Two farms to royal for your food. One house, I had to repair before I could upgrade (used that initial cash). Once I had my 6 workers, fixed the house, and had the four mills, I ignored my debt. This town is like the US -- it doesn't worry about the deficit!

Remember, in most cases, you can upgrade without repairing.

When the witches started flying in, I built mage towers (3 or 4) and upgraded. Also built a couple of guard towers.

The wood and stone is rolling in, so I kept upgrading the houses and built 2 bakeries, upgrading them. Once I had enough food and room for everyone, I built an inn for its happiness. You don't need more than 4 royal town homes to house your population and it might be that you need only the original three after you add the other building

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Oct 9, 12 11:39 AM
I did it by using my cash to increase the workers to 6 and buying lumber twice. I built 2 lumber mills and 2 stone mills and upgraded them to royal. Two farms to royal for your food. One house, I had to repair before I could upgrade (used that initial cash). Once I had my 6 workers, fixed the house, and had the four mills, I ignored my debt. This town is like the US -- it doesn't worry about the deficit!

Remember, in most cases, you can upgrade without repairing.

When the witches started flying in, I built mage towers (3 or 4) and upgraded. Also built a couple of guard towers.

The wood and stone is rolling in, so I kept upgrading the houses and built 2 bakeries, upgrading them. Once I had enough food and room for everyone, I built an inn for its happiness. You don't need more than 4 royal town homes to house your population and it might be that you need only the original three after you add the other buildings.

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Oct 9, 12 11:16 AM
I haven't reached this level yet, but I have noticed that wizard towers do a better job with the monsters than the mage towers.

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Oct 9, 12 11:12 AM
If your happiness level is way down, people won't move in.
If there's no food, they won't come.
If safety is way down, they won't come.

On the Station level, I foolishly repaired the gallows, taking 100 from happiness. I tore it down. Firehouses and Libraries add the most to Happiness.
Guard Towers and Training Grounds are good for Safety.
Farms, of course, for food.

Any time nobody is coming to your town, yet you have plenty of space, look at these other three factors.

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Oct 9, 12 11:03 AM
You can then upgrade a Royal House to a Town Home.
A Royal Town Home to a Noble House.
Haven't gotten past an Advanced Noble House yet.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator