Posts created by LaNala108

posted in Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 13 2:58 AM
I bought this yesterday and started gaming in the afternoon. In the evening my husband asked if I would like to play the whole night long :-))

So - I played about 5 hours including breaks - now I am gonna right to my laptop starting again, think I am in the middle of the game.

The price is worth comparing to the length.

posted in Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix on May 30, 13 3:26 AM
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get wallpapers from this game or maybe from EoD 2 (blue whale)??

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on May 6, 13 12:08 PM
I am confronted with this task too - pushed the button and nothing happens.
I hope someone can help us. Did not found any walkthrough.

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Feb 20, 13 1:24 PM

posted in Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma on Feb 13, 13 6:42 PM
Love this one.
After my fancy the HOS are not too large and puzzles not too easy like twinsoniclab said.

The hints give only instructions, that's right - but I think that moves a mind to do a little work ...

posted in Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward on Jul 30, 12 11:00 AM
Good evening little or big fishies! Here comes my review:

All thumbs up for this

Graphics:
good and clear

Objects HOS:
clearly to see, easy to find, not so overcharged like in other games where I often tired at an early stage because I am forced to jump from HOS to HOS

Puzzles:
mostly suprising and challenging

Hints:
recharging quickly

Story:
Interesting, never boring

Atmopshere:
lovely, especially the changing of weather gives a feeling of reality in the space of surreality

Music:
First time I like it very much and exceptionally keep it on during the game

Voice over:
Very good, warm voice so did'nt put it off exceptionally

Visuals:
video sequences are very well done and do not disturb like in so many other games

Length:
Just played 2 hours and yet at the beginning... a lot to explore, seems to be a long game

Only one thumb down for missing this
Map:
none

No thumb because purely a matter of taste if you like/need journal or not
Journal:
none but a list about letters you have to find and to read

Opinion:
worth to be tried, worth to be bought

I love the Dream Chronicles and bought this one, Book of Water, without a trial.

Lovely graphics and so on... wonderful game.. the only thing I have to criticize is the length. It is much too short! Lazy developers! Not more than one hour and I was through!

In addition - one wish for the furture could be more liveliness. There are no living persons or creatures around so sometimes I have got a feeling of solitude on a strange planet. May be some people and animals could be helpful.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 4, 11 6:49 PM
Best game from BF I've ever played! I am enthusiastic about it.
The best music, in other games the music annoys me and I turn the ruler off, but here - the Scarlet Furies, main menu theme : absolutly the best I ever listen to.
The game itself is interesting, items are good to find, but not too easy. I like the speaker very much, she seems to have a lot of humor. Very good story.
I must have a continuance!
This game is a must-buy, a must-have!

Hey fishies here in Germany it is 3 o'clock in the morning but I can't stop playing.
So I have to go now looking for the daylight potion :-)

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition on Feb 15, 11 11:54 AM
Carole22759 wrote:
...GEESH! --- Nice of you to give away the ending!...

Thanks to Carole - I was a bit shirty to read about the ending too !!!!!!!

The game is cute but the puzzles are too easy and the items too easy to find.
The ending was downbeating to me *blubber*.

All in all : cute game, nice and clear graphics, no problems by installing or playing - unfortunately no speakers only subtitle and - for me - a really naff music.

Too short with no real challenge at all - and definitely too short for this price (just ended it within 2 hours or so).

I think the game is not worth to be bought as a collctor's edition.

posted in Reading the Dead on Feb 14, 11 10:07 AM
I do not like this game.

The items are partially hard to detect or I need several desperate clicks on one item to pick it up. That is soul destroying.

The avatars came along boring and in some way wooden. No speakers only subtitle. The dialogues seem bleakly to me.

The graphics achromatic, not interesting, details are nonspecific, not clear, blurry somehow.

Not my game....

Just quit the demo after quarter of an hour. No reference from me to buy this game.

But fun to everyone who like this kind of game, so have fun, cu

posted in Reading the Dead on Feb 14, 11 8:54 AM
mhatfie wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
glitterbutterfly wrote:Ugh. I couldn't see anything, and the dialogue was writted not goodly. And since nappy is causing so much confusion, I'm going to throw in some more British English, and say this game is pants.

That was hilarious! LOL!

I just learned something, did not know that pants had another definition in British English, suitable to this game.

For the german users (which are poor persons without any forum on the german Side of BF!)
So these forums here in english are helpful and most of the users here are very kind people.

I need a dictionary half of time 'cause I'm no British and no Amercian just a German... two or three and more definitions of words and expressions sometimes... I use this maybe it is interesting for the german users between us because they show colloqial words and expressions here: http://www.leo.org/

Update is available!

Just loaded it down and will try it now!
Hope it works, if not I'll tell you

iluvfh wrote:The telescope is also stuck for me. I tried the center lens but it won't let me move the lenses. I tried to insert 326 into the puzzle, but it said I had to find the code (solve the lens puzzle). Any suggestions?

Same here.
The telescope is stuck for me, no more possibility to turn it aorund or even do anything. Also tried to put the known number 326 to the globe but nothing it tells me I had to find the code first.

I do not understand what Margie means by "click on the large lens in the center" that would reset the puzzle.
Nothing happens, I can click like a wild woodpecker - the damned telescope and its lenses do not move.

What can we do?

I am just gaming and enjoy it very much.
Like other games I feared the ending may comes too fast and in nearly every case abruptly so that's what I've read here, okay, same procedure as every other game
Agreement, that there is no necessary on a walkthrough.
I can't assess if the accents of our fortune teller is horrible or not because I am a German. To me it's sounds very "British" somehow you know... but okay, on this I learn new things here in the forum. Great thing, better than english lessons in school.

I do not like the music, it's annoying me all the time so I pull the mute button on my laptop.

Why can't the developers make some options so you can change the music, may be music from your own computer I don't understand this point ?!

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 28, 11 10:45 AM
Hey,

completly agreement. I needed 2 hours but I had some disruptions while playing.
The game has a nice story and also beautiful graphics. I like this game very much but I am dissapointed because it is too easy to play and too short. And suddenly there was the ending.

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Jan 28, 11 9:58 AM
Maven,

I tried and - it works!

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Jan 26, 11 1:52 PM
Hi Maven,

thank you very much! At long last a helpful hand, a tip, an answer!
Thank Goodness - I will try at the weekend.

I was as far as kicking the game from my computer

1000 kisses for the hint

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jan 24, 11 2:50 PM
Funny game but too easy and too short. And: it needed an accurately ending, I'm in agreement.It plashes to the end and suddenly the game is over.
I woulnd't buy it again.

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Jan 24, 11 2:42 PM
I stuck at this dumb fountain several times too. No advance anyway.

Today I tried to play the game again after some weeks of rest period, always the same and I'm fed up with this problem.

Could it be? There was a long rope but I can't use it at the fountain/the bucket. WHY NOT? I have no water because the rope at the fountain is broken and I thought my idea to put my inventory rope at it would be a clever move... nothing. The game do not want my rope and I do not know what I could do anymore please help!

I played this game, collector's edition, in pretty short time, 2 or 3 hours including breaks. What a pity! I thought it would take longer - the game itself is very interesting with some surprises and very good graphics. I would like to play it a lot of hours more but it is too fast to finish.
Think it happens too often: I buy a game with big fat advertising and analogical expectance - and then I have to notice it is either too easy or too fast (or both of it).

How are your experiences?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator