Posts created by jadeedrie

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 12 10:41 PM
banshee10 wrote:Like some others, I've experienced a crash when using the SG - but unlike those other fishies, if I got them right, my SG went fine until I started off to the little island. Isn't that weird? Can anyone explain this phenomenon? I mean it's one thing that something does not work properly from the beginning (like for those who had trouble with the cursor f. e.), but this is different...

Oh, but it was a lesson! Because I had no SG for the extra gameplay, I had to figure out the "Place these objects"-puzzle by myself. After several attempts - usually I would have swallowed my pride and consulted the solution - I solved the problem the old fashioned way: with drawing & cutting out objects and practising a little jigsaw on a sheet of paper.... so much for "How to improve your patience"!

I'm having the same problem with the game as well. I can play the game and using SG so far but when I arrived on the island, I wanted to see where I need to go first and clicked on SG and it froze my computer. By the way, I was playing the game on my XP when it crashed my computer but when I when I started playing the game on my laptop Windows 7 everything is fine even the bonus level. I did everything that the help page said and even sent a note to customer service.

I just would like to know why I can play one game on my XP like the other Mystery Trackers games and not the latest and play the latest on my Windows 7 laptop along with the other Mystery Tracker games. I would love to play Black Isle on both computers.

MoDreams wrote:Jaederie after you play the two secret games that you get after finding all the hidden items in the case file notebook -- a new entry is added to the journal.

Underwater I think you are onto something -- but this guy looks refined, like a kindly gentleman, which would be a refreshing change from the malevolent Charles Dalimar!

~~~MO~~~

Thank you MoDreams.

By the way, does anyone know what is in the orangish tab is in the bonus content? I'm missing an object in order to get that. I did the other one. I'm curious to know.

Currently, I'm going through the game again for the third time as I collect all morphing objects in my casebook

Solice wrote:Hello all!

I wanted to take a moment to help clear up some confusion regarding the bonus content available in the Collector’s Edition of “Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst”. Listed below are the features you receive in the Collector’s Edition that will not be available in the standard edition.

1. The Integrated Strategy Guide.
2. The "collect and match" puzzle pieces required to open the main hub doors underground are exclusive to the CE version. The standard version will not have this game mechanic.
3. More CE exclusive content can be found in case book. Pay close attention and see if you can discover the secrets hidden within. (Spoiler Alert! For more information, highlight below.)

There are CE exclusive tabs in the case book, each tab has 2 sets of numbers on them. There are morphing objects on the pages of the case book to be discovered. The number on each of those tabs change with every morphing object you find. When you find all the morphing objects (per tab) you will unlock a bonus hidden object scene.

I hope this helps clear thing up! Happy Gaming!

What you mean there's more?

I just finished the game and didn't even know there was another set of tab until now. Now I need to go back and either play the game all over; which would fun or just check my casebook to see what I'm missing.

Boy are you guys sneaky.

where did you see that about the bonus journal entry? I must have missed that when I was playing the game.

Coronagold wrote:What about the end credits crypto credits? Anyone ever figure them out?

nope. When I clicked on one, it took me out of the credits and brought me back to the main menu. I'll have to start the game all over under a new character in order to see the end credits.

But if you find out, can you let me know? That would be great.

Mimisix wrote:
jadeedrie wrote:
Mimisix wrote:I know there are a lot of very smart puter fishies on here and I need help with something. How do I get EFR to go into windowed mode. I've never had this problem before but it tells me my settings don't support windowed. What settings should I be using? Anyone know? The game does fill my entire 19" monitor. But I want to window it so I can go in and out without closing the game all the time.

Have you left a message for the techs about this? You may want too. .

No, I was trying to take the easy route. There are so many messages over there for tech support. They must be tearing their hair out in Seattle about now lol. It's no big deal but just thought someone on here might know. As I said, I know there are a lot of very bright puter peeps on here. I'm currently set @ 1280 x 960 pixs and don't know whether to go higher or lower.

YOu may want to try to go down to 1024x768 pix; which is what I use on my laptop. Try that and see if it works.

Yippee!!! I morphed..

Just wanted to say, I downloaded the trial game on my xp and it didn't work. So I put it on my Windows 7 laptop computer and worked great and then I bought the game with my game credits and have it downloaded it on my Windows 7 laptop computer. I played most of the game yesterday and finisihed the game earlier today right before dinner.

I also want to thank those who posted over at the Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst" forum; which helped me alot to get me through those puzzels.

Now as for Charles.....well, I almost feel sorry for him.

His mother.... well.... play the game and you'll find out

Hi, my name is jadeedrie and I'm addicted to MCF games.

Mimisix wrote:I know there are a lot of very smart puter fishies on here and I need help with something. How do I get EFR to go into windowed mode. I've never had this problem before but it tells me my settings don't support windowed. What settings should I be using? Anyone know? The game does fill my entire 19" monitor. But I want to window it so I can go in and out without closing the game all the time.

Have you left a message for the techs about this? You may want too. .

First off, when I downloaded the trail version on my XP and started to play...I found out that my graphics card on my XP wasn't compatible. I checked the minimum systems requirement before I downloaded the game. I guess I must have missed one and that is a bummer; since all of my MCF games are on my XP but they are also on my laptop computer, windows 7 along with games that don't run well on my XP like Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium.

So, I decided to download the trail version on my Windows 7 laptop computer and started playing it. I must say, WOW. The graphics were amazing so clear and crisp. The sounds itself throughout the trail version was cool...but a little on the creepy side and that too reminded me of Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium game.

After finishing the trial version, I bought the game anyway to complete my MCF games. So far in the game, I am really enjoying it. I got completely spooked by Charles as he entises me along with my friends, Emma, Rose and the twins to his secret lair. Talk about spooky... and then I found myself; which I believe in the beginning of Act 3. Oooo talk about creepy.

But, I do have several complaints about the game:

1. way too much Morphing Objects. I'm not a huge fan of the whole morphing objects thing. When I want to find something, I would normally look at the list of objects to find...hence H.O.. But with the morphing objects it tends to get really boring and it takes away the fun from hunting down hidden objects. I could see if there was mix of morphing and H.O (Hidden Objects)...that I can handle.

2. I tend to use my Strategy Guide to help me along with the game; especially if I got lost. But not in this case, someone previously mentioned about the strategy guide in pictures. I don't like it. I found it very hard to figure out on what to do. I had to go back and look at the picture and then back at where I was in the game. I would've like to see written instruction to go along with the picture.

All in all, I am really enjoying the Escape to Ravenhearst game so far. It is most definitely different from the previous Ravenhearst games. This game is very dark and very creep; at least for me. Everyone's taste is different. It's good thing that it came with the warning lable; which I believe is a first for Mystery Case File games. And in that case, I'll be taking my time playing the game on my Windows 7 laptop computer.

Also I love the difference in the story telling from the previous Ravenhearst games we learned from Emma and Rose and her twin daughters their point of view about Charles. But now, it's Charles turn. We get to find out why he is the way he is. I always wondered from the previous games how Charles got to be the way he is... twisted and creepy. And now I can find out why.

Oh just a suggestion when you are getting ready to to develop the next MCG game whenever that is. Can you make the game that can play on all computers (XP, Vista and Windows 7) without having us updating our computers in order to meet the minimum system requirements in order to play a game. Most of us don't have more than one computer at home... let alone to afford a brand new computer.

Just a thought.

Happy gaming

Has anyone seen the game trailer lately?

If not, you have to check it out. Because I just someone suddenly appeared in the trailer that wasn't in the teaser trailer.

Spoiler alert below (scroll over):

Emma Ravenhearst wearing the respirator (gas mask)

You might have to watch it several times. Because she makes a apperance...it's more like a flash .

Seeing the images of the game, looks totally awesome. It's nice to see a little bit of Madame Fate showing up in the game or at least in the image that I saw.

Makes me wonder, if Charles was at Madame Fate's carnival doing things secretly and hidden slowly taking a carnival goer one by one...

Methinks, Charles has gone completely bonkers.

Just wanted to mention that this was my first time speculating for the new game. I didn't even know there was a such thing until now.

Just wanted to mention that this was my first time speculating for the new game. I didn't even know there was a such thing until now.

Being a fan of the Ravenhearst games, I thought, I do this time around and see how far I can get in speculating about Charles, Victor Emma and so forth... But most importantly do some research on the Blackpool area that I'm not familiar with.

A huge thanks goes to GameLvr30 for his updates on all of the clues that everyone figured out and just reposted it for all to see and those who have missed it. As Dogmama wrote previously: YOU ROCK, Gamelvr39!!!

To everyone who hung out at Dire Grove (during the Seattle's Pre-launch party), thanks for the entertainment. I really enjoyed reading your posts. I got a laugh out of it.

To the Moderators (and you know who you are) A huge THANK YOU goes out to you for supplying us with this thread as well as the clues to keep us, the MD, on our toes. Thank you!

If I miss anyone, please forgive me. There were so many people posting that I couldn't remember who posted what. But I do want to say to everyone THANK YOU for hanging out here on the speculation thread and having such a great fun as we all await the MCF Escape from Ravenhearst game's release.

Oh before I forget, remember when playing the game: ALWAYS KEEP THE LIGHTS ON!

Hehe!!!

momo2006 wrote:
jadeedrie wrote:
Just remember they are talking about the minimal requirements for your computer. Just make sure your CPU has 1.7 GHZ and your Hard Drive of 1.75 GB along with the Direct X stuff. Just take a look at your computer's info to see what you have in the way of your Hard Drive's GB's. You should be fine.

I've done that and everything else checks out ok! Thanks you guys, I have a little more confidence now

No problem, Momo.

momo2006 wrote:
sinshack wrote:
theimortal1974 wrote:1.7 gigs of hard drive space? holy crap i just looked and 13th skull only needed 750 megs of space.

I don't think the game will be 1.7 gig, I think it needs a bit of extra space for saved games and temp files while the game is running. It does look like a big one, though.

Yay!!

I am most concerned about the RAM requirement. 1GB is ALL I have.

You should be okay with RAM of 1GB, Momo. I have 1GB of RAM on my XP.

Just remember they are talking about the minimal requirements for your computer. Just make sure your CPU has 1.7 GHZ and your Hard Drive of 1.75 GB along with the Direct X stuff. Just take a look at your computer's info to see what you have in the way of your Hard Drive's GB's. You should be fine.

I was just checking out the min. systems requirments; since I have both desktop pc which is XP and a laptop computer Windows 7...

I'll be trying the game on my XP first; which has all the minimum requirements. I'm hoping that it will work on my XP but if not, I'll try it out on my Windows 7 laptop; which is where all of my MCF games and also other games that don't run well on my XP are at.

Looking forward in playing the game.

The party is over? Already?? Just kidding.

I was beginning to wonder what happen to all that tweeting...it seemed slow everytime I took a look. But that's cool. I can wait for the game's release.

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to send me the link to Emmyjane's post about the party? I would like to read it.

Laura29 wrote:I'm blaming it on Phineas Crown. It's all his fault that I got sick. Never sail the seven seas with a sick pirate.

LOL That is some very sound advice there, Jadeedrie!! <giggle>

Thanks Laura.

You gotta watch your back around those Life on the seven seas will never be the same.

Solice wrote:Not a clue, but worth sharing, this is the actual working copy of the warning that will be posted on our "Escape from Ravenhearst" product page:

"This is an intense psychological thriller that may reveal deep-seated fears. Consider yourself warned<a href="http://twitter.com/#!/bigfishgames/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FTF31N04w">.</a>"

Eep!

So, does this mean I might need some added protection while playing the game?

If so, does my two black cats count?

sinshack wrote:
jadeedrie wrote:I'm looking at the entire paste together picture with the blank space.

The bed is most definitely a child's bed with fancy head and footboard.. probably similiar to twins' beds in Return to Ravenhearst. I'm not sure without looking at my game to find out. I'm thinking that the bed is in some sort of cell.

If this has been mentioned before.. please excuse me...I've been sick with a cold.

But I'll be hanging out at home enjoying a nice hot cup of and keeping an eye on the updates for the game as well as the party.

You must have caught it from Solice! It's one of those "computer viruses" I keep hearing about!! I've never caught one myself, since I only use BFG for games...... .......but I can't figure out how you caught it from Solice through the forum. Have you been chatting with her on another site??? Maybe passing photo pieces around???

I have no idea how I got it, sinshack.

Perhaps I got it by hanging out with those vile pirates . I could have sworn I heard one of the pirates coughing and sneezing.

I'm blaming it on Phineas Crown. It's all his fault that I got sick. Never sail the seven seas with a sick pirate.

purplealikat wrote:Jadeedrie! I'm sorry you have a cold! Here is some chicken noodle soup and more ! Get better soon!

Oh thank you, purplealikat. Yea probably just in time for thanksgiving.

I'm looking at the entire paste together picture with the blank space.

The bed is most definitely a child's bed with fancy head and footboard.. probably similiar to twins' beds in Return to Ravenhearst. I'm not sure without looking at my game to find out. I'm thinking that the bed is in some sort of cell.

If this has been mentioned before.. please excuse me...I've been sick with a cold.

But I'll be hanging out at home enjoying a nice hot cup of and keeping an eye on the updates for the game as well as the party.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator