Posts created by am100other

if you are running the game on Windows 10, be aware the game is NOT playable, i am sorry if this is the case but it is a well known issue that BFG are aware of, i would let them know through this link as quoted earlier: The game page should make it clear that the game is not compatible with Windows 10 upon trying to buy it.
i did this and got a coupon instantly for another Collectors Edition game. - hopefully they will try and get this working soon.

bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

We appreciate the passion and interest our players have put on display through their requests and attempts to get this game up and running again. At this time, Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition is considered incompatible with Windows 10 on some system configurations. We do not have any new information at this time about possible future updates for the game that may address this issue. Should such information become available, our Forum Moderators will post an announcement right away.

At this time, the best suggestion we can offer is sending a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> to receive a replacement game. Thank you for your dedication to the Mystery Case Files series. We truly appreciate our players' patience and understanding with this situation. Please do not hesitate to send a PM to me or another Moderator if there are lingering questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

as a game club member i cant help but feel we are bein let down with all these offers that are running on game prices, as today there is a 50% offer in this game, after buyin with 2 GC Credits, the game would have been cheaper to buy it using the code offered today, i feel that we members are being ripped off.

i.e (UK Prices)
Standard price non member - £15.42
Game Club Member - £10.80 (or 2 GC credits)
price with code EIPIX (today only) - £5.40

there are more instances of discounts during the year that i feel that we would be better off not buying GC credits and using them instead

any other opinions or is it just me?

Click the flags in the same order as the captain raises his flags with his arms. repeat exactly on the boat.

ironically the hidden object theme seems to be dying out in favour of puzzles rather than HOG - this game only has a total of 14 HOG, compare that to earlier games like Madame Fate where that was all that you had to do, it took forever to play lol, but they were the greatest of all MCF games

i too thought the bonus chapter didnt fit into the game, i assumed it was the Master Detectives daughter or granddaughter, if indeed this is who it was, and that as the player youwere on a road trip after the solving of the Revenants Hunt.

OR

could it be a hint as to the next game???

i was just wondering if you have to scroll left or right using the arrows beside it in your inventory to see the other items in it as sometimes there is more inventory items that empty slots in the inventory.

Just wondering if this was already solved as asked a few days ago?

I have to say i was really disappointed to learn that the length of the game i found was really short compared to previous games, and spending two game club tokens on the game after waiting for ages for it to come out after the beta trial i was somewhat displeased at this. I buy and play every MCF game, amongst plenty of other from BFG and the fact it took me approx 3.5 hours to finish the complete game, bonus chapter and collect all the collectables i am somewhat feeling the value was not worth it.

I do hope that we see more of the traditional MCF games that were in e.g Dire Grove etc.(which i cant play again since due to having a Windows 10 x64 machine)

Does anyone else have any similar or opposing opinions in this?

like Battleships, the HITS will be in a straight line with 3 or 5 (motorcycle or car) and from that work out where the other HITS are in the puzzle.

Thank OP i too did this after the game, to earn the achievement, now how to tackle the every scene in 30s...

I will try this too in the replay menu...

Thank OP i too did this after the game, to earn the achievement, now how to tackle the every scene in 30s...

I will try this too in the replay menu...

i was confused by this one too, but somehow the backpack opened as i was trying to work out how i wasnt getting it lol!

LORE CARDS - if you look closely, the box lid opens and closes on the scene where an unfound card is hiding! Make sure to open and close the box to so it stops glowing first.

Letter Scraps HOG - in an HOG the Diary will show letter scrap symbol and this will let you know that the item is available and still to be found in the HOG

LEAVES and MORPHING OBJECT -The very bottom centre under the inventory the indicators will be in colour to let you know you have something to find in the scene you are in, either leaves kicking or morphing object. If it is black and white, then either there is nothing to find or it has been found already.

if you look closely, the box lid opens and closes on the scene where an unfound card is hiding!

make sure you read the open and close the box and diary (so it stops glowing) and it will let you know when the item is available in an HOG (letter scrap)or in a scene with the lore cards.

Also at the very bottom centre the indicators will be in colour to let you know you have something to find in the scene you are in, either leaves kicking or morphing object.

It sound like the main problem is not realising the various kinds of 'stamp' rather than the obvious postage stamp, although it should be clear that if there are various kinds of the same named object in the scene, it should at least say what kind of stamp it was, in this case a rubber business stamp!
I fell for these kind of things before when clicking for ages, then realising it was something else with the same name!

PS. i had no trouble downloading the game or playing it, day before release on my Windows 10 x64 Laptop. Build number 17046.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 7 on Nov 26, 17 3:50 PM
giggity giggity i cannot wait, i never played any until recently, they are fab, so cheerie and i love the Christmas themed games, you know every time how it works, why fix something that aint broke?

These games are my second favourite series of all time, after MCF of course.

posted in Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors on Aug 31, 17 1:35 PM
was it with McAfee? what was the name of the infected virus as i sometimes get that, but it seem that it is common with some games. just needed to remove from the Quarantine and reload it.

However double check the file first before you do so

Hi, Yes i am playing the game just now on Windows 10 x64 bit, no issues currently or problems at the moment.

Everything works fine, however the Original Dire Grove game doesn't work for Windows 10.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 17 3:52 PM
Just to let you know i played the whole game without any issues whatsoever with Windows 10 x64 bit.

Nothing wrong with saving or glitches or graphics or anything at all.
I didn't have to set any compatibility issues settings or anything.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 17 3:48 PM
One of the episodes of Breaking Bad see the main character somehow manages to lob a pizza, straight out the takeaway box whilst he still holds on the box, the pizza flies out and lands perfectly on the roof straight flat out in front of the roof camera, of the scene,(Which was the first take at this scene) and was classed as the perfect scene in the extras of Breaking Bad. It was good i have to admit. View it on Youtube if you can.

This is the link (hope it is ok to post, if not sorry) Just search for
"Walter White Pizza on the roof"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtI3fx_x7w

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 17 4:26 PM
Playing my latest installment of the MCF Series (albeit 8 months earlier than i am used to) however at least it works on Windows 64bit unlike my favorite Dire Grove but i feel the storyline was a bit confusing as well as the tone and color being very drab and dark most of the scenes i had trouble trying to see in the corners of the screen. Also the graphics of the characters seem a bit bedraggled and cartoony , not Lip Synching or Live Action like most of the previous games.
The Achievements seem a little strange because this involved skipping 3 puzzles and resetting puzzles 5 times which is the exact opposite of how i like to play them. Also the Achievements for Watching the credits doesn't seem to work if you're playing through a current game and trophies are nowhere to be seen (Haven't reached the end yet so maybe that will come later).
One thing i do love however is the Reference to Breaking Bad. As soon as i seen the Achievement before i started playing i recognized the quote immediately and wondered what it meant in the game, i laughed when i seen the
Spoiler

Pizza on the roof of the cabin i thought Walter White in Breaking Bad!

Spoiler(just incase you are still playing )
Thank You for this game typical i used a free collectors coupon the day before it came out, then the day after The Black Veil came out, There was a buy 1 get one for 1.99 sale! Typical to miss out all the time on these deals! Anyhow i love the game although i would like to see more Madame Fate or Ravenhearst Games with the door puzzles etc i love those.
Kind Regards

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator