Posts created by DeesjeDee

posted in King's Legacy on May 8, 11 4:27 PM
I downloaded the demo, been playing for not even 10 minutes and got stuck in the help section.. In the lower left corner there's a button that says "OK", I assume to exit the help section, but it doesn't work.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 26, 11 7:33 AM
I got a chance to beta test this game and I'd say I give it a 7 to 8 out of 10. The game is colourful and bright, the graphics are cute and the music is very well done.

Easy to play and understand, your goals are listed in the lower right corner and checked off as you finish them. There is no strategic aspect as to where you are going to put your buildings, because you can only build something in their designated slot. That may be a pro for some and a con for others. I personally would've liked it better if I could lay out my own town plan.

As for gameplay, there are a few basic things you need to provide for your villagers and to be able to build: food, wood and money. Sometimes of these resources appear at random so you only have to click to collect them. Other times you can build something to provide these resources. Money is earned in a few different ways; you get a daily income from the number of villagers you have, you get money for upgrading houses, and the villagers leave a pile of cash if you grant a wish (eg for taking a bath or getting a drink at the bar).

Apart from building your village and providing for your people, a level usually has a specific goal. For example collecting the money to build a specialty building. Sometimes you have to explore an area, which means you get to play a little hidden-object game. It is nicely weaved into the game and not interruptive.

All in all a very enjoyable game, if you like Royal Envoy this is definitely worth a try. For me personally I thought the difficulty level was a bit too easy for my liking, but on the other hand that makes it quite a relaxed game to play

posted in Build It! Miami Beach Resort on Jan 26, 11 6:46 AM
I really enjoy building games and since this one is today's DOTD I tried the demo. Love that it's set in the 1920's, gives it a little extra charm but unfortunately I didn't like the game itself.

There's one person in your town, which is your character, who is also the builder, painter, cleaner, repairman etc. She has to do everything around town and you are constantly sending her from one task to another and waiting until she is finished. A built-a-lot approach with several trucks would have been much better here.

posted in House, M.D. on Jan 20, 11 3:01 PM
penrose47 wrote:OK, I WISH someone would GIVE the REASONS WHY the game is NOT WORTH $$??

Instead of JUST saying DO NOT LIKE>>>>>"PLEASE" give a reason ( a review of why?) [/u]

@Penrose I'm sorry but I don't think that's a fair statement to make. Several people gave reasons why they did or didn't like the game before you posted the above.

Just to quote a few:

momniecy wrote:It was okay with doing some of the procedures, but the instructions are awful. I finally gave up after trying to centrifuge my blood sample and not being able to spin the darn motor fast enough...

DeesjeDee wrote:Way too much blahblah and very confusing instructions.

Nortank wrote:The game play is irritating. As mentioned with the blood vials - and the dialogue window half covers the vials and needs to be clicked away. The "feature" that you have to click and hold things for a clue to be discovered is also irritating. It has nothing to do with skill or game progress and got very boring.

Besides that, as always the only way to find out if a game is really right for you is to try it yourself.

posted in House, M.D. on Jan 20, 11 5:34 AM
I just tried the demo but didn't like this game at all. Way too much blahblah and very confusing instructions. Couldn't figure out the blood machine with the valves and the motors and I only got two tries! At other times the instructions were incredibly repetitive, for example when you need to draw 5 tubes of blood, after EVERY tube the game instructs you to take of the tube and then add another one. Okay I managed to put the first tube in, I'm pretty sure I can handle 4 more!

Also the details were a little too much in my opinion, as in having to examine a hairy chest/abdomen and the noises coming from the throat! Made me shudder a little lol

posted in Alice's Tea Cup Madness on Jan 20, 11 4:04 AM
Not my cup of tea! I agree with TnTexas' post above. The game is very repetitive and in my opinion there's a lot of unneccessary clicking. For example when you want to pour tea for two customers, you take the teapot to the right, then click on the teacup that you want to fill up at the bottom of the screen. The teapot then goes back to it's place to the right, so you have to go back and take the teapot again, before you can fill the 2nd cup. A no buy for me.

posted in Royal Envoy on Jan 20, 11 3:10 AM
Absolutely love this game! I played several of the "best of 2010" game demos and this one I purchased when my hour was up.

Nice and colourful graphics, the music fits the game and doesn't get annoying. The difficulty level is just right, with some levels a bit easier and some a bit tougher. I like the puzzle element of planning your town in order to reach the goals on time. It's also good value for money when it comes to the hours of game time, you won't be able to finish this one in an hour or two.

It's still on sale until January 31st!

posted in Supermarket Mania on Jan 20, 11 2:36 AM
Tried the demo, I didn't like this game at all, it was too much of a clicking frenzy to me. Also tried Supermarket Mania 2, which is a big improvement. Would definitely recommend the sequel over this one.

posted in Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips on Jan 17, 11 8:44 AM
this game! I tried the demo and then bought it when my hour was up. The graphics are good, I really like the cartoony cutesy style Each type of plane whistles their own melody when they offload their passengers, very nice touch that still makes me smile!

The gameplay is definitely not just for kids. Though you don't need a whole lot of points to pass a level, it can be a real challenge to get supreme/perfect scores! I'm one of those people who goes back to get 4 stars on every level

posted in Tropical Fish Shop 2 on Jan 17, 11 8:18 AM
I have tried the demo but found that this game isn't for me, I got bored with it pretty fast. The graphics are not appealing and the match-3 is just too easy. Though I love hidden object games I didn't like this version where you have to solve some issues in order to get to the hidden objects. (eg you need to use a crowbar to open the door of a car, where you will find the hidden object).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator