Posts created by Waxing_Gibbous

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Apr 2, 14 6:23 AM
Re: Book Two - Moose Lodge Murder
Lane House Bedroom
Lock up at window after putting glass together

I had the same problem. The solution is SIMPLE.
As others have noted:

control - alt - delete out and shut down the game.
Restart the game. It returns to the bedroom before the start of the window puzzle.
Go to main menu.
Go to options menu.
Check "Aspect Ratio". I also unchecked "Custom Cursor".
Go back to the game.
It now works fine.
It takes 2 minutes.

Do not waste time reloading the game, etc.

I thank those who have posted the solution above.

I agree that the game is buggy and shouldn't be.

I wish that Big Fish would CLEARLY STATE the above work-around, rather than having us do worthless, time-consuming things like updating drivers, reloading the game, sending reports to technical service.

May you all be happy!
Frank

posted in Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose on Mar 31, 14 6:44 PM
I am very disappointed in this game. From looking at the reviews, it looks like I am in the minority. It has a very strange story line. It seems like it was written in another language and poorly translated. The names of objects in hidden object scenes are often odd. A big problem for me is that the game is ONLY widescreen. On my regular width screen, many items fall outside of the viewable area. It remains playable in a (small) window, but I find that unsatisfactory. I should have tried this before purchasing. The issues I find troubling were apparent in the first few minutes. I'm deleting this game from my computer after forcing myself through 30 minutes of it. To various degrees, I've enjoyed the majority of the dozens of games purchased from BigFish. Not this one.

posted in Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy on Jan 20, 11 11:23 AM
I can't get Lady Anara to leave her house so I can read her message.

Thanks for any help!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator