Posts created by tookat

posted in Dark Realm: Guardian of Flames Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 17 8:32 PM
So....what happens if you choose her to remain as a dragon at the end?

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Aug 17, 17 11:18 AM
No, It is Both the color and the symbol.
It helps if you think of the planets as being organized in three rows of three, rather than in a circle......at least it helped me.
The last planet on the top row, at the left is hard to see.....and there, using the symbol really helps.

posted in Roaring Twenties Solitaire on Aug 14, 17 11:28 AM
Too Bad the game play itself is so annoyingly difficult.....
but with the small size of the cards and all the duplicates etc, it is a 'no buy' for me.

Sigh......I really wanted it for the great music though.

posted in Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 17 4:48 PM
Nevermind.
thank you random clicking.

posted in Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 17 4:43 PM
Honestly does anyone know?
This is my last resort......
and what a doofy looking bunch of hamsters.....I sense a Ben & Jerry sort of cartoon!

posted in Chimeras: Mark of Death Collector's Edition on Jul 3, 17 11:33 PM
I miss when Big Fish developed their own games more often.
Their versions of Hidden Expeditions were surprisingly funny, even if the story arc looked as if it might be going dark......they were a real treat.....and so were the Drawn Series, now THOSE were unique games in every way......
but for me, as far as humor goes Hidden Expedition - The Devil's Triangle and the Uncharted Islands were a direction I was really hoping to see encouraged.

Sigh, it appears that horror and gloom sells.....
But there are still good lighter hearted games out there.

I think it is time I revisited Wallace and Grommet for some big laughs

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 17 3:52 PM
WOW......I thought the game was eerily moody....but just eerily moody. But 'something' just happened, and I screamed and jumped what felt about a foot.
So.....I am going to be very careful about taking a break...and swallowing any food or tasty beverage...AND then putting them down, before I return to the game.

biscuitsmama wrote:I too am finding the collectibles much more difficult to find. In the past year there have been many gamers who have complained that games are too easy and that the collectibles are "in your face" easy to spot. Because of the noise made by those who complain, the developer has started making collectibles that are just almost impossible to find.

For me at least, finding the collectibles are the reason I purchase CE games. If the collectibles continue to be this incredibly difficult to find (in some cased almost invisible) then that takes away my fun so I must ask myself if it is even worth it to buy the CE.

The collectibles don't need to be glaringly easy to spot but they do need to be visible enough where it doesn't make the game tedious for those of us who happen to love finding them in the CEs. There gets to be a point where developers end up shooting themselves in the foot in order to pacify those who always manage to find something to complain about. If the developers want to keep selling CEs maybe they should take into account that many of us who are no quite so vocal are for the most part very happy with the way collectibles were in the past.

I so agree....the collectables and the morphing objects have to be a little more visible. I cannot see them even after looking in the SG AND using my magnifying glass. I also agree that this developer tends to make them less visible than most.

While I am at it.....why can't all devs include an icon that shows if the collectables in a scene have been found. Not the number of items, but something that shows either in the map or on the task bar that the scene is all clear.

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 17 7:39 AM
So much for the Update.....which I have set to install automatically after all the games that have needed them.

I have managed not to get caught by the infamous bracelet, but have gotten caught by the scalpel, the deer antlers and now, the minotaur horns and either placing the gargoyle head first or the octopus......
and I am sick to death of Hint sending me uselessly to the Doctor's office.

I love this series of games.....and find it interesting to have Richard and his snarky relationship with his heirs.....but, I thing a certain game company is trying to put out too many game series in too short an amount of time.

I am sick of uninstalling and reinstalling this game.....and sick of starting over....
time for a credit folks.

Liking the game.....but...
I am going crazy with how often we have to use the bracelet!
Talk about over-use of a gimmick.

Same here.
But there are a lot of games that you may find less disturbing.
For starts, watch the video on the game page before deciding to demo a game....and demo them before buying them.
Second, look into the game genre categories for games that are less frightening.

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 5, 17 4:32 AM
Richard is another of my favorite "villains" of Casual Games.. ..along with Charles Dalimar. Part of it, is both actors have great voices....and use them well.
I guess he isn't much of a villain anymore as something of a snarky anti-hero.
I love his snide comments.....
and, rather like his new, younger look.

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 5, 17 4:24 AM
Highlight white text below for spoiler answer......sort of.

I don't think Anna is immortal, but something happened in the last game, that made her a young woman again....and made ghost Richard a younger ghost self again.
But, I cannot remember is the rejuvenation is permanent.
I may have to play that game again

I remember there were a lot of Greys, but not who....but I think Richard sort of made Anna a protector of the Grey line......certainly going back after Victor and his ghost dead/alive wife is looking into other "heirs"

Try closing the game and reopening it...that often works.
After that, if it doesn't work, uninstall the game and reinstall it....without deleting your profile so you can keep playing as you were.

oh......
Nevermind......
I should have just played the game.

ok, this could contain a SPOILER if you haven't played the last game in the series before this one.

Didn't they end the last one with Isa a good guy?
Am I dreaming an entire storyline where it turns out he was the queen's lover at one time?
If that is so.....what is it with the flipflopping again?

Thank you......
lol.....I had forgotten that I played the beta version!

I just played that segment tonight and had the same reaction......
I asked myself...'Is this guy on steroids or something?
Did he just breath nitrous oxide?
oh man.....my sides hurt from that.

posted in Surface: Virtual Detective Collector's Edition on Dec 3, 16 7:54 PM
I really, really loved all the Drawn games and remain hopeful that there will be another one.....or two
or a dozen.
Did I say that I REALLY, REALLY LOVED those games?

posted in Harrowed Halls: Lakeview Lane Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 16 3:25 AM
@Sazoria

I'm PMing you.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator