Posts created by Idahonative

posted in Incredible Dracula IV: Game of Gods on Apr 21, 18 9:08 PM
I am on level 44....and there is not enough of the rubber to make the last two gloves that are needed. Is this a glitch? Or am I missing something. Using a PC with Windows 10.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 15 2:44 PM
Ok, uninstalled and reinstalled. it took me back to the schoolroom where I picked up the chalk. Then it sent me to the music room...same scenario. Instructions for the puzzle on the screen, but I've done the puzzle. You can go back to the school room, unless you have clicked on one of the blackboards....then the whole thing freezes up. It won't let me use Control/Alt/Delete, unless I try to use it at least 4 times, then it finally kicks me out to the box for that. I honestly don't think it is my computer, I believe it is this game. Especially as others have had this issue. I'm using Windows 7, refuse to upgrade to Windows 10 unless I upgrade the whole PC, I've had too many friends that tried that and went back to 7, too big of a jump in operating systems. My drivers are all up to date, No I don't want to do a Dr. Felix to confirm that. I give up...I will mess with this later, I'd hoped for some relaxation between study bouts for my final tomorrow...

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 15 2:02 PM
The game froze on me also in the music room. Control, ALt, Delete....went back in, redid that book puzzle, and then it wouldn't remove the instructions for the puzzle, Repeated above, this time even though the instructions were still up, it allowed me to back out of the screen to the school room. Got out the window, did a few other things, came back with the wheel for the bulletin board, did that game, took the chalk, went into the music room....guess what? the instructions are still up, can't get to the chalk to draw the figures on the chalk board. Annoying. I'm going to now uninstall and reinstall this game. What a pain. I will let you know if anything changes...Oh and I'm running Windows 7,

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition on Aug 16, 14 11:37 PM
i'm playing on a PC with Windows 7, game played well all the way through, though the black screen between switching scene freaked me out a couple times by being a little slow. I started the Bonus game, and found the cellophane tape to bind the light on the coconut shell, but didn't have the light yet. But because the hint told me to use it on the coconut shell at that time, I found that when I received the light, I no longer have the tape, nor is it where I originally found it. So, I'm stuck with a light a coconut shell and an imp that won't go into the cave because he is afraid of the dark and could get hurt.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Aug 2, 14 4:07 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey pammyd9388,

The reason the tech thread exist is so players can describe the issues they are having with the game and possibly offer up some advice to help get past any troubles you are having. Unfortunately, we don't have the tools to troubleshoot for specific computers here in the forums, so our technical advice will largely consist of common fixes for specific problems.

However, should pervasive issues come up, posting them in the tech thread will allow us to track the issue and relay that information to the developer to work on a patch.

If you would like troubleshooting assistance specific to your PC, you are welcome to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. One of our Rep would be happy to look into this, but is can take up to 72 hours for our Reps to research the problem and provide an adequate solution.

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgWendwater

It would be nice though, if your tech department could get to the questions that are asked of them in a more timely manner. I bought the game 4 days ago, tried to figure out the problem for the first day using this forum and your help pages, sent an email to the techies the evening of the second day, got the email saying it could take up to SEVENTY TWO (72!) hours for a reply! It has been two days now, no reply yet. I think you guys need to rethink your idea of customer service. The current system is very frustrating and no end of annoying.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Aug 1, 14 2:10 PM
pammyd9388 wrote:
Yaelle wrote:
Idahonative wrote:
Idahonative wrote:I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

I have also re-downloaded the game manager, as I had checked your help section, and that didn't work either. I also tried changing the download option to alternate (as also suggested on the help page) and that didn't work. The fix for the game I downloaded the other day downloaded with no problem, so I think the issue may be with the game.

Actually I've had many, many problems with the GM the past week or two. I've been upset that there isn't any dedicated forum to posting problems with it, we'd have to either write into tech support or suck it up & I don't really want to do either. A lot of times when I go to start up a game, neither it nor the GM will open. I removed the GM from my dock recently & after that, had a difficult time finding it. But the issues began before removing it.
I had issue with the GM regularly and was so fed up with the insipid advice from BFG, now when it happens I load Task Manager and go to processes, end process for any BFG items and GM works a treat...still a pain but much faster than deleting and redownloading..hope this helps

Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I don't think the download is even getting as far as the GM...I have a text into the Techies, and it is REALLY annoying that it will take up to 48 hours to answer it. That is sooooo not what I call customer service!

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Jul 31, 14 2:11 AM
Idahonative wrote:I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

I have also re-downloaded the game manager, as I had checked your help section, and that didn't work either. I also tried changing the download option to alternate (as also suggested on the help page) and that didn't work. The fix for the game I downloaded the other day downloaded with no problem, so I think the issue may be with the game.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Jul 30, 14 4:45 PM
Excited to see this game! Not so excited that it won't download for me. And yes, I posted the problem tech issues already.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Jul 30, 14 4:43 PM
Me either. Posted it on Tech problems.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Jul 30, 14 4:40 PM
I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Jul 30, 14 4:36 PM
Their half price is half off the regular price, not the price to those that get them for a discount already.

posted in Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana on Jul 10, 14 10:54 PM
It worked, thanks katbear50!!! I didn't even think of trying that, I figured they needed cut and I was just missing something in another scene...duh!

posted in Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana on Jul 10, 14 10:52 PM
Thanks, I will! This was driving me nuts!

posted in Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana on Jul 10, 14 3:06 PM
All I have in inventory is the meteor cup/goblet and the stone ring. I need the long bone to move the tile stuck under the walkway on the way to the volcano. No sparkles to give me a hint where to go to find something to cut the tendon holding this bone in place in the dragon skeleton. So anyone help me with that?

posted in Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks on Jun 25, 14 6:52 PM
I'm another that is stuck in the stupid cave. I have a teddy bear to unpick, a gas tank to fill....and some sort of hook thingy in my items that I BET is supposed to open the box in the cave that you don't even get the gears for when you click on it. How much you wanna bet that there are scissors and a gas can in there? But nope, no can do! Can't leave for anywhere else, no hints about what to do, and the dude in the cave isn't speaking either.
And no, with this many people complaining about being stuck somewhere in the various game, I will not run Dr. Felix, my computer is not that old that its drivers etc are that out of date. Just fix the darn thing!

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 14 8:51 PM
I refuse to jump through hoops with this issue, a game shouldn't require me to Control Alt Delete even ONCE, let alone 2 times just to get through the intro, and through the car driving down the road scenes. It played very well, up to listening to the answering machine, then the whole thing stalled, the screen went blank and the computer froze up. Had to manual restart my computer. And as others have had similar problems, I'm not inclined to uninstall and re-install it AGAIN to see if that is the problem. I have upgraded all the drivers known to PC kind on my computer before buying this, my computer is relatively (within two years) new and has plenty of memory, I have upgraded various software that help run various games. I will not be trying to play this game, until I see an update appear...what a pain!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 13, 12 7:59 PM
Thank you, but the difference is this...the list never mentioned the razor, this one doesn't mention the ear muffs. I collected everything on the list and still didn't get a razor, I got ear muffs.

bfgTokoro wrote:Hi Idahonative,

I'm sorry to hear that you can not find the razor.

I also did some research and here what I found in the <a href="http://bit.ly/X9QHcs">Weird Park: Scary Tales Walkthrough</a>:

To get the coins, use the hammer on the piggy bank.
Collect the items on the list at the bottom of the screen to get the RAZOR.

You can have a look to the scene by clicking <a href=http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Weird-Park-Scary-Tales/weird-park-scary-tales193.jpg>here</a>.

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 13, 12 12:13 AM
I have one more weird thing to add to this list: I made it no problem clear to the last bit, the part the walkthrough called "The escape" or some such thing. I have done the puzzle and gotten the spring. I did the HOG...are you ready? It gave me the ear muffs. Now the hint button seems to think one of those things should open the door...not hardly. According to the walkthrough, earmuffs are not even on the item list for the HOG, but wonder of wonders a RAZOR is. A razor to cut the patch to get the lockpicks to open the door....Now, I really don't think this is my computer...this is a programming problem!! Fun game so far....I'd really like to finish it!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 13, 12 12:04 AM
Ok...so I'm locked in the dungeon, I've done the HOG (it gave me ear muffs!) and I've done the puzzle and have the spring. According to the walkthrough, SOMEWHERE I should have gotten a razor. But it doesn't say where!! And the Hint button seems to think that I should be tackling the lock on the door now...but excuse me! How in the world do you pick a lock with a spring or ear muffs or Dudley's eye!!

I'm having the same problem in the pottery shop.. the game freezing when putting on the last "tablet" I really don't think, with so many people having the same problem that it could be with the computers themselves, hard to believe that this many computers would have the exact same glitch.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator