Posts created by Ukiah

posted in Through Andrea's Eyes on Feb 22, 14 11:38 AM
Thanks for your response, Skrdykat. Yes, I am past all of that. I'm towards the end of the game, I believe. Sage Rupert is telling me I have to go to the Sky Sanctuary. The map tells me I can do something in Rupert's house, but the only action I have is to light a match (again). There's nothing available for me to light. Hint only circles the match.

I've gone to the Sky Sanctuary and there are things to do there, but I don't have anything in my inventory that works.

Thanks,
Ukiah

posted in Through Andrea's Eyes on Feb 16, 14 12:04 PM
According to the map, there is something to do in Sage Rupert's house. The only action event that I have is lighting a match, but I have no item to light (I've long since completed the Anti-Petrification potion). Rupert tells me to go to the Sky Sanctuary, but I don't have any items in inventory to complete any of the events there.

The Hint button keeps leading me back to Sage Rupert's house. Once inside, the only help it gives me is to point to the match.

I'm at a complete standstill.

Ukiah

One big issue I have with any developer is when they design a puzzle that relies upon dexterity, rather than problem-solving. I spent many years playing games like Everquest and World of Warcraft, so I'm not unfamiliar with rapidly working the keyboard and mouse, but I'm at an age now where my right hand bothers me when I have to click the mouse too many times. I wish developers would keep that in mind, since I suspect most HO fans are not teenagers and may also have the same physical concerns.

I could be totally wrong: please correct me.

But, early in the game, holding the mouse down and trying to complete a complex navigational movement in a maze that was tempermental was quite painful. Timing and dexterity were the keys.

I hate to skip puzzles, but I quickly realized I could be frustrated and in pain, or I could take a hit in the achievement category.

It bothers me that those were my choices.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart on Apr 25, 12 7:36 PM
Checking the walkthrough, I was supposed to have picked up a fuse on a table in front of the Great Stairs. Shows a nice screenshot of the fuse. I however, see no fuse on MY table in front of the Great Stairs, nor do I have the fuse in my inventory.

What do I need to advance? The Fuse....

Am I missing something that I should have done?

Thanks,
Ukiah

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time on Dec 6, 11 9:26 AM
I did enjoy this game, but, as a few others have stated, there is a LOT of running around from multiple time eras...a bit more than I like. I got virtual whiplash from running from one scene to another

Other than that, I enjoyed the mixture of puzzles and HOS.

Ukiah

posted in Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines on Nov 9, 11 6:50 AM
robin94122 wrote:I'm sorry you've run into that--I'm sure it's very fruatrating. Room 201 is the right location to collect that book, although it won't appear there until after you solve the mini-game in that room. At that point you have to talk to the man again, he will tell you to look under the Blanket on the floor, and you will be able to collect that BOOK and a piece of the Map.

Thanks, Robin. I could have sworn I clicked everywhere, including the blanket. But you were right, I missed the corner of the blanket where the book was.

Thanks!

Ukiah

posted in Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines on Nov 7, 11 7:09 AM
I think my American Revolution book disappeared from my inventory. I think I remember picking it up in room 201 off the floor. I completed the puzzle in that room and I've been back there multiple times to find the book, but my cursor isn't picking anything up.

Am I just missing a step or did I encounter a glitch? I can't move forward without this book and I can't find it in room 201.

Ukiah

posted in Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman on Oct 31, 11 6:00 PM
oh_mags wrote:The ending was horrible. You finish this super easy puzzle and then it is just over. You don't know what happens to any of the characters or towns people. Or what happened to the little creepy guy who was making all this stuff happen. He says something about why he is doing all of this, but then you never find out what it meant.

If you want to play a good HOG, go play MCF: Dire Grove, not this game.

1/5

I have to agree with you completely. Is this related to it being an SE release? Was the ending more fleshed out in the CE version?

Ukiah

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 16, 11 6:46 AM
The link for the walkthrough for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom leads to Awakening: The Dreamless Castle.
Thanks,
Ukiah

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 16, 11 6:43 AM
Your link goes to a different Awakening game: The Dreamless Castle.
Ukiah

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club ®: Ancient Astronauts ® on Aug 23, 11 7:52 PM

I almost always enjoy games that others have rated highly in these forums, but usually I try the game before I buy it. This time, for some reason, I went ahead an purchased it without previewing.

Boy, was that a mistake

I have just spent several long, frustrating minutes clicking all over that gun stock with my grappling hook, trying to find that tiny juxtaposition of stock and hook that would allow me to progress with the game.. The "clue" (nearby assembly instructions) was less than helpful.

I want my brain to be stimulated by these games, not my clicking finger.

If I had previewed this game, I would have discarded it well before this last irritation.

Definite thumbs down for me

Ukiah

posted in Dreamland on Jun 30, 11 5:38 PM
mcurty wrote:Check out the street lamps. I think it's the one at the square by the Wheel of Fortune -- on the right. The slingshot from the Shooting Gallery would sure be handy here.

Thank you. That was very helpful!

Ukiah

posted in Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse on Jun 15, 11 6:27 AM
I've never seen a BFG game without a walkthrough posted speedily. Will this game get a walkthrough?

Ukiah

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff on Jun 11, 11 2:15 PM
Well, when all logical attempts fail, random button pushing works !

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff on Jun 11, 11 8:05 AM
I am stuck on the radio tube puzzle. The walkthrough solution did not work for me. Any tips on getting through that one?

This is the puzzle where you have to flip a switch and it either changes the color of the outer ring sections or the color of the bulbs themselves, or a combination of the two....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ukiah

posted in Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart on Apr 23, 11 1:07 PM
On the card games, the card spots are laid out in different patterns and some of those spots are dark and some are light. What is the significance of the colors?

Thanks,
Ukiah

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 15, 11 9:33 AM
Is it working for anyone?

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 14, 11 6:58 AM
Adding my two cents...the game was so laggy that I stopped after the mother's first words, when what she said was almost finished before the text displayed on the screen.

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on May 27, 10 3:07 PM
To finish the mirrors, make sure that, as you place each one, the light reflects from it to the next mirror holder. There is only one correct way.

Ukiah

posted in The Heritage on May 25, 10 11:36 PM
Tulipgirl77 wrote:Hi,

I don't seem to be getting any story at all with this game, it just keeps going from one scene to another, sometimes with a brief look at a locket in between.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Have you tried clicking on the pictures in the locket? Each picture should open up to a journal entry.

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. The story line is muddy and confusing at best.

Ukiah

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator