Posts created by seaside2

This game just will not open. Running on iMac iOS Sierra 10.12.2 I've installed, deleted and reinstalled. Reviews made it sound really good.

Thanks to nosofozyeoxy for prompt follow up! Seaside2

posted in The Disappearing Runestones on Jul 24, 16 5:06 AM
Nontechiegrannie, I agree with you. I've played a lot of match 3 so was very frustrated when it refused to swap. I wonder if it is supposed to be that way or a glitch Or is there some trick to the Match 3. Very frustrating. Thanks for bringing it up. Always nice to know you are not alone.

posted in Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition on Jun 6, 16 12:30 PM
How do you wake the sleeping puppy to get the paper to fold? Probably obvious but I cannot figure it out.

posted in Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition on May 14, 16 7:01 AM
To angelfish: my sympathy and empathy. I lost my mother in 1981 and this year the anniversary of her death fell on Mother's Day. It was a bit much.

Game: so I am considering buying it. Having read the reviews here I think perhaps I should play a couple of the Sea of Lies that I have bought and not played through.
Thanks for the timely reviews.

posted in Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed on Mar 9, 16 7:51 AM
I CANNOT GET PAST this activity. The game will simply not let me place paper, film, pour solution. I've tried to follow the exact order as the walkthrough. All I get is the moving gears symbol.

It is now several months past the last notation. Maybe someone has had the same problem? Thanks, fellow fishes and elderly fishes.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 31, 16 8:16 PM
It would not work after I updated my Macs a few too many times. I had to buy the PC version to play on my husbands Dell desktop with Windows 7. It reportedly won't play on Windows 10. I could not find any Mac help so bit the bullet since it is one of my first games: fond memories of discovering casual HOS and adventure.

Thanks to all of you. I'd almost given up. I am finding this game "touchy". Have to find exact pixel quite often. Haven't seen an update or rebuild for Mac so I will carry on. Looks like I am a few months behind these contributors playing the game.

Brave Giant, thank you for giving us this opportunity. You are indeed brave. I am working on the demo and it is certainly a buy for me. The graphics are really beautiful requiring a lot of work, I'm sure. Your team obviously researched what is authentically Tibetan or Chinese.
Anyway, I disagree with most of the criticism. Iove HOGS so am happy with the frequency of these challenges. I also really like the music. So I have no constructive criticism because I have no criticism at the point.! I'll let you know if that changes.

posted in Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 15 10:52 AM
tookat: This is a good method that I also have used since the items are in capitals in the SG it is easier to skim through to identify which item you missed.

posted in New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 15 6:50 AM
Tookat:

Great persistence! Seaside2

posted in Off The Record: Liberty Stone Collector's Edition on May 31, 15 7:46 AM
thistle809 wrote:
_DD_ wrote:Thanks for the hints!
But it's not the Devs alone who are rushing. If you look in the Credits, you'll see - as quite often in this kind of game - that QA and SG are listed under the Big Fish team.

_DD - You are so right! Since got rid of the Chat option for Customer Support, took away the Chit Chat Corner, fired quite a few employees and closed Customer Support offices and threw themselves, body and soul, into the Free to Play Games (nothing more than an artifice to entice people to spend a lot of real cash on make believe merchandise), their overall level of quality and support has fallen off the edge of the cliff.

Knowing what you folks have revealed, I won't be considering this for purchase unless these problems are corrected. I was really looking forward to this game because I truly enjoyed the first three in the series.

posted in Sea of Lies: Mutiny of the Heart Collector's Edition on May 21, 15 12:10 PM
The books slide. You don't click on two to switch them.
Hold down the mouse to slide then to logical place.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror on Apr 29, 15 10:03 AM
Dollyflower: so far I'm with you. Graphics are crisp detailed and consistent with mood and setting. I actually appreciate all the fooling around with "eyesight" and helper. The more activity the better. So far it is a buy for me.

Raven in the closet HOS:

CANNOT FIND raven to place in the closet. I selected raven in the right side of the closet. It promptly dis appeared as all HOS items do. So am I having an elder moment or has anyone else found the problem right off the bat (raven). Thanks for any time!

OOOps. It was an elder moment and I finished the HOS.

posted in Haunted Legends: Stone Guest on Dec 27, 14 7:18 AM
catbag8717 : Thanks for starting this thread. Am now enjoying the SE. Don't miss collectables. Plenty to do. Enjoying the game play and puzzles which so far have some new twists. Thanks ERS, SE for me.

I'm having the same problem as discussed here. I'figured out that after I applied the Baron's Magic, I was not given all the items that are listed in the Strategy Guide. I did not get the List, cabinet handle, magic jar 1/3 or monocle. Now there is no way to to get them. So this means I can't get in the cabinet, can't assemble stuff for potion and later on cannot get cob webs. Oh and yes I did click on the elf for the questions and answers. Sooooo I'm going to start over. Will post results. Thanks to all of you for posting the thread.

The second time through the dialogue with the the elf was more methodical: chose first question then clicked until that was exhausted then on to the next question to do the same. This time I did end up being given what was required.

Addendum: RavenL: You will get the list, jar etc from the elf. Try going through questions slowly. Seaside2

My curser has become a white square. It responds to my mouse with direction as per usual. I have deleted and reloaded. I have Mac 10.9.4. Anybody out there who has suggestions? I know the answer is out there LOL.....Seaside2

tookat-I'm with you on the spiders thing too. Wish I could remember the name of the game with the huge detailed breathing spider. Oh, agony. But as you say, you just get past it to continue to have fun. Thanks, seaside2

Thanks to you all for the information on this thread. Very helpful.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator