Posts created by hyperbole

I've beaten the DR a few times now but for some reason my results are uneven so I'm still not certain of the best order to get things done. Once I ended with a ton of time left but I can't seem to replicate that result so here is a very rough outline of what I did.

Upgrades you'll end up with:

Wood: Wood workshop upgraded to level 3 as early as possible. All wooden posts are needed but only the first two in the beginning.

Food: Farm upgraded to only level 2 early and both bushes accessed as soon as possible.

Demeter's Obelisk (right obelisk): This one is important. Build and upgrade at least once before you upgrade the goldmine. It should be fully upgraded as soon as the other 2 are built.

Hephaestus's Obelisk (left obelisk): Built after Demeter's Obelisk. I beat the DR with upgrading this one time and with leaving it at level one. I think it's easier if you upgrade though.

Hermes Obelisk (middle obelisk); Build but do not upgrade.

Gold: Start collecting gold from the left dice as soon as you have 3 workers. Upgrade the goldmine only once. You'll need to collect a couple of times from the other dice as well.

Workers: Release the prisoner as soon as you can and upgrade the tent once for a total of 4 workers.

When I started filling up the pits, I tried to start with the ones that would give me the most reward for gaining access to them like the chest, a gift, or giant pile of food.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I hope this helps at least a little.

posted in Viking Brothers 2 on May 6, 17 9:14 AM
Thank you, pusskat! Since an "honest" gold time seems to be impossible for this level, I was hoping someone would post this. It's not really "cheating", it's fixing a mistake the developers made.

Edit: You might have to give yourself permission to edit the file in order to save your changes. In Windows 10 right click on the levelbalance file and click properties. Under the Security tab, click Edit and give all users full control.

posted in Viking Brothers 2 on Apr 27, 17 9:53 AM
It adds 5 units of all resources to your cache.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Feb 23, 17 8:01 AM
It doesn't sound like your doing anything wrong. It sounds like a bug. You can try uninstalling & reinstalling the game to see if that gets you unstuck or you could try contacting Big Fish customer service.

There's a video walkthrough on youtube. Maybe seeing a room arrangement that's close to where you are now might help get you unstuck on this level. I'm sorry you're having such trouble with this otherwise charming little game.

They're just general "guide" arrows. They point out things you need to meet your goals on that level. I only notice them when I haven't clicked on anything in a while.

Thank you!

Have you assembled the puzzle yet?

Does anyone have any advice for this one? I've tried following/not following the guide and nothing I do gets me close to 3 stars let alone the developers score.

@nwl43, There are brown and white birds that fly over every level. They're not big, so they're not intrusive. When you click on them their feathers fly off and they fall from the sky.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower on Nov 11, 16 6:31 AM
I thought it was, but I'm a fan of Mad Head Games. I like the fact that you can get the hidden object scene* achievements (including finding the morphing items) in the extras. Mad Head also doesn't just stuff the bonus chapter with hidden object scenes and call it a day like most developers do.

That said, this bonus chapter is exactly what it should be - a bonus. It's not needed to get the whole story so the game stands fine on it's own without it. It's the same quality as the main game so if you enjoyed the main story you'll enjoy the bonus. Spoiler: The plot of bonus chapter involves Menning's original experiments in the military.

There are also two "bonus puzzles" in the CE. One is an actual jigsaw puzzle that I certainly wouldn't pay extra for and the other is a bonus hidden object scene that's becoming popular in CE games these days.

Bottom line: If you liked the main game and wouldn't mind one more chapter than you won't regret buying the CE; especially if it's on sale. If you don't care about collectables, morphing objects, or achievements then you won't miss out on anything earth shattering by just sticking with the SE.

*Normally I hate hidden object scenes. Mad Head Games is one of the very few developers creating hidden object scenes that I don't dread and the ones they made for this game are outstanding.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Nov 10, 16 7:59 AM
I didn't see the credit for the main character at all, but it sounds like Kendra Hoffman. She's voiced the main character for most of the Witches' series and for at least one of the Fear for Sale games. She's done a other games and a ton of other voice over work as well.

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Apr 25, 16 9:25 AM
Doh! Thank you Bartsister! I saw the "extra" buttons on the bottom and failed to realize what they were for.

Every single mini-game I get that horrible noise that others have mentioned and a wonky cursor. It really does make the game unplayable. I'm not going to bother with a report to tech support as I'm not interested in a coupon for a free game which is all I've gotten the other times I've contacted TS. I'm just really sorry I purchased this game. I'm glad to see that other players have had better luck with it.

posted in Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion on May 12, 15 12:26 PM
Pinkrollsroyce wrote:There's a great site that offers walkthroughs without giving the whole game away. You can get a hint to get you going or the full explanation whatever you need.

I'll send you a PM with the link

I love that site. I don't think I've gotten through even one of the ND games without it.

19A
 posted in Moai II: Path to Another World on May 6, 15 4:49 AM
I'm stuck on this one too.

kgustavson wrote:Found out that after completing the game, if you go to the ravens in "extras" you can go back to any scene where you may have missed one and collect it. Seems to fix the first raven problem if you (like me) did a custom setting with no tutorial which apparently keeps you from collecting that first one. And other than that little glitch and the location of the 2nd one all are accurate with the SG. Woot woot!
Great game!!!!

Thank you! I was driving myself crazy trying to find a raven in that first scene.

Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost is a few years old, but it's still a very enjoyable game.Absolutely no hidden object scenes (yay!), interesting puzzles, and a story that holds your interest.

Two newer games that are pure adventure are The Big Secret of a Small Town and The Emptiness. Fair warning: The Emptiness comes with a well deserved content advisory. It's a lot darker than 99% of the games on Big Fish.

I don't know how you feel about what used to be called "large file games" on this site, but the Nancy Drew series is excellent, just remember to save your game regularly.

Another little oft overlooked series is Delaware St. John. All of the current games are older so the graphics are dated, but the games are well written and worth a try at least.

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Jan 6, 15 7:14 PM
Thanks! And thank you for the location tip. I went around in circles so many times I honestly don't know if that one is one I missed or not, but I think it might be. I remember staring at that close up a ton of times.

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Jan 5, 15 8:50 PM
heleanthia wrote:

hint, they WILL all come to you(and I can say no more as I don't want to spoil it...lol)

I have a question about that. I'll put it in spoiler form just in case.

Highlight for spoiler: After I got out of the crypt and met a remarkably recovered Daniel he gave me the last pieces of the mosaic. I'm assuming that this was the fail-safe the developers put in for people like me who didn't find all of the pieces on our own and if I had found all of mine then I would have skipped that part of the conversation. Right?

All things considered, I'm grateful that I didn't have to go looking all over the game for those last two pieces. I'll try to be more observant on my next playthrough, I just want to be sure I'm not hunting unicorns and all 40 pieces are out there.

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Jan 5, 15 8:31 PM
Thank you for that much needed walkthrough and for such a fantastic game! I haven't gotten all of the mistletoe either (only 68) but I'm looking forward to trying again to get all of them.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator