Posts created by read61

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 20, 17 6:44 PM
This game froze on me just as I was about the enter the secret room to access the other world. Had to CAD to exit the game. Only other issue (so far) was when I hovered over the watch in the inventory, every time I did that my entire inventory bar shimmied. As soon as I got the watch parts and used it the problem stopped so I guess it was just that one item.

posted in Surface: Lost Tales on Jul 15, 17 8:02 PM
Probably one of the shortest games I've ever played. No issues except during the Little Mermaid episode, in the hospital; screen went crazy with flashing lights in every scene. Had to exit the game. When I went back the lights were back to normal. Very strange. Nothing new or exciting in this one but a good way to kill three hours.

posted in Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle on Jun 24, 17 7:16 PM
Game froze on me at the very end (naturally) when I was preparing the arrow and crossbow. CAD took me out; went back in and finished the last few minutes. Playing on Windows 10 desktop.

posted in Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder on May 22, 17 10:51 AM
I think I lasted about ten minutes before I had to bail and turn her voice off. This seems like a pretty old-school style of game, it's been a long time since I've had to pick up a screwdriver or wrench four times to remove four screws/bolts. Nothing very new in the story but then again, not much is these days. I just wish I liked the main character a little more, I'm almost hoping she fails......almost. There is a map but I don't seem to be able to "jump" with it, so a lot of running around. The puzzles were slightly different but the instructions were a little vague. Still, I do have a PCC almost ready to expire, so maybe........I would like to see how this one plays out and maybe it won't be as predictable as it appears to be. I do like supporting a "new developer" and their next effort may be better.

posted in The Wisbey Mystery on Jan 31, 17 6:25 PM
Wow, super short game! Very abrupt ending. Glad I got it with a pcc. I think this must be a new developer, hopefully their next game will have some improvements. Very frustrating when the map says there is something to do at a location, but you can't do it yet. A few language issues as well. Story wasn't anything new. I think this developer can do much better and look forward to their next offering! At least the music wasn't annoying and there was no "helper" or "gadget"!

posted in Fetch on Jan 24, 17 8:24 AM
I played the beta for this one a few weeks ago. Very, very old-school and a lot of the older arcade-style games. I spent most of the beta just trying to figure out how the game worked, extremely poor instructions (as in none). I understand the final game has a strategy guide which would have made my own experience much easier. Not the worst game I have ever played, but close. I don't mind different, but this one was a bit too different for me. However, try it before deciding; I'm sure it will appeal to some players.

posted in Shadowplay: Darkness Incarnate on Sep 21, 16 8:11 PM
Amazed at how short this game was. Glad I used a PCC for it. Some innovative puzzles but they were few and far between. Very annoying "special gadget" but at least it wasn't a cute helper....and I admit to skipping the last "use the gadget" bit, I was so tired of it by then................not the best effort from this developer, I know they are capable of better than this. Maybe their next one.....

posted in Time Gap on Aug 16, 16 6:41 AM
Go to the help pages and contact customer service, they should issue you with another coupon code to replace the one you used.

Here we are, a year later, and still no solution to this issue. Deleting the game and re-downloading it didn't help a bit. All my stuff is up-to-date so not my computer. Looks like yet another developer to add to my ever-growing list of Developers to be Avoided. Too bad they don't test these games before releasing them to the public. I contacted customer support and they offered me a coupon. Nice, but I would prefer to finish this game. Too bad the developer isn't interested. No wonder my game purchases have dropped so drastically in the past year. And why have BFG locked the tech issues thread?

posted in Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End Collector's Edition on Jun 4, 16 4:18 PM
Yet another bad game....2/3 through last night and I left. Went back in today and my profile save data is corrupted. Now they want me to start all over again. Not going to happen. Lately Eipix games have been like this....maybe because they're pumping them out too quickly? I really wish someone, somewhere would test these things. Windows 7 desktop.

I have the same problem as a few other players, my profile isn't saving. I played the entire game and was 3/4 through the bonus game when I exited. My profile disappeared, now I have to start the main game all over again. Not going to happen. First time I have had this issue with any game, very disappointed and frustrated. Is it just me, or are games having more issues these days than they used to?

That whole "game freezing" thing happened to me on the last Fear For Sale game and they never did offer a fix for it. Hopefully this time they will. Don't they test these things anymore? Definitely waiting for a fix before buying.

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 27, 15 1:58 PM
I have the same problem in a different scene, also near the end. Neither BFG nor the game developer seem interested in addressing or resolving this issue. I do know that this is the last Fear For Sale game I purchase, mainly due to the lack of interest on their parts. You can contact customer service at BFG but their usual solution is to offer you a coupon code for another game.

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 27, 15 1:57 PM
I have the same problem in a different scene, also near the end. Neither BFG nor the game developer seem interested in addressing or resolving this issue. I do know that this is the last Fear For Sale game I purchase, mainly due to the lack of interest on their parts. You can contact customer service at BFG but their usual solution is to offer you a coupon code for another game.

What I wondered about is how they could even be alive, never mind grown up. Weren't they dead in RTR? I thought I found their bodies and saved their souls. Next thing you know, Rose will turn out to be alive, maybe Emma also. I guess I shouldn't expect logic from a computer game but some continuity would be nice. At least we know Charles and Victor are dead as we found their skeletons in the closet in KTR. At least I think we did......

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 15 4:35 AM
This is the same issue I have but at a different place in the game. Apparently no one at BFG is interested in addressing these issues and the developer doesn't seem to care much either. I do know that this is the last game I buy from this particular developer (not that they would care). All BFG will do for you is give you a game coupon for another game. I would prefer a fix so I can finish the game. Not interested in starting all over again (I am practically at the end) especially as there is no guarantee that it won't happen again. You could try contacting customer support at BFG but I doubt they will be of any practical use as far as this game is concerned.

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 15 4:32 AM
Got the standard response to my complaint. They offered me a game coupon. Not really helpful when it comes to finishing this particular game though. Even though I told them I had no interest in running a Dr.Felix they still suggested that as well as coming in here to the forums for help. Um....I've done that. All I really wanted was for someone to tell me if there was any plan to issue an update that would fix the bugs. I am guessing that the answer to that would be NO. Thanks so much BFG!

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 15 4:38 PM
First time I have had a problem with a Fear For Sale game. Happened near the end (naturally). Game is frozen, I can bring up the inventory but can't pick anything up. Can't access the map. Can't travel anywhere. Even the hint button won't work. Totally frustrating and I have absolutely no desire to start all over again. Dare we hope for a fix? Is anyone at BFG paying attention? At this rate I will be adding Elefun to my list of developers to be avoided. That list is growing! Looks like I'll be contacting Customer Service to ask for a credit (again). Using Windows 7 Desktop.

ETA: Just sent an unhappy message to customer support. We'll see what that does. Personally, I feel completely ignored by both the moderators and the developer on this issue. All I want to do is finish this game. Is that too much to ask?

I did the beta for this one a while ago. I remember suggesting that they make it more challenging....apparently they didn't listen. I read The Tell-Tale Heart years ago and this bears no resemblance to it. Definitely not CE-worthy IMO, not enough extras to justify paying the price. The first two games in this series are wonderful but it's been all downhill from there....such a shame. I may just replay The Black Cat instead of this one. At least it was a good length!

posted in Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 15 6:06 PM
I also played the beta for this one a while ago and it was an excellent game. The best Haunted Hotel yet IMO. And yes, click on everything. Lots going on.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator