Posts created by EmmaLynne

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 14 9:38 PM
This happened to me, but with the HOS where I'd get the winch. I remember clicking on the winch, but I guess I didn't pay attention to what (if anything) went into my inventory. Bah.

You'll need to go "down"... move your cursor to the bottom of the screen and it should take you back to the shop/house. I was a little confused by this layout as well, but it's still there!

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Oct 22, 11 8:56 AM
If you haven't played this game, play it now!! It's still one of my all time favorite games here ... in fact I think about it sometimes while playing other games! haha

posted in Art Mogul on Aug 3, 11 2:10 PM
yep, mouse pointer comes and goes, and weird hot areas that will flash a square as the mouse passes over (I'm guessing, since I can't actually see it...)

posted in Astroslugs on Aug 2, 11 10:09 PM
Yes, this gets much more difficult as the levels progress, don't be fooled by the first few levels! I'm having a lot of difficulty at the +4 puzzles. I mostly enjoy hidden object adventures, but get bored with the super easy puzzles the offer, so it's nice to wrap my brain around something like this from time to time. And I think there may be some good replay value in this as there often seem to be multiple ways to solve the boards.

Fun game, just not sure about purchasing yet....

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Jul 16, 11 7:52 AM
One of the first games I got here at BFG and still one of my favorites! awesome deal if you don't have it already! also, this is kind of a sequel to Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera. It's not necessary to play that one first, but there are a few conversations/ bits of information that you'll enjoy more if you do.

posted in The Microbie Story on Jul 8, 11 9:05 PM
Okay, I figured out the invisible microbes... On the background of each board you can see random things floating around, cells, etc. Occasionally one will be one of your enemy microbes. As he floats around behind the playing field, if you land on a space that he is under, you'll hear a little squeal... that means you've got him.

posted in The Microbie Story on Jul 3, 11 12:07 PM
Yep, just let you computer sit without touching anything, not even the mouse, for at least 15 minutes, as soon as you move your mouse to make a move, the 15 min. break achievement will pop up.

posted in The Microbie Story on Jul 3, 11 11:25 AM
Love this game. You may remember a game long long ago called the 7th Guest. There was a puzzle with the same rules... its known as the microscope puzzle. Then later I found an online version called Slime Wars. I was obsessed with it! So I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw this game! It's not quite Othello or Reversi or Go. But somewhat similar.

I played through the easy level, and started the normal level... while they start out with the same basic levels, the normal level gets tricky fast! I haven't finished it through yet, but it is certainly tougher. Even on Easy the final battle the "boss" is near impossible! I must have restarted it at least 10 times.

Having 2 difficulty levels, and trying to reach gold on each board, AND achievements, gives this game a lot of replay value.

There are a few quirks I'm not a fan of... if you want to play through both the easy and normal levels, you have to create a new profile to do so... unless there is a way to play both under one profile that I didn't see. Then having created a new profile, I discovered that achievements obtained on my previous profile were still valid. Okay, that's not a huge deal, but what if my husband created his own profile, he wouldn't be able to try for these achievements himself.

Other than that I adore this game! so glad BFG had it to offer!

posted in The Microbie Story on Jul 3, 11 11:11 AM
Those are the ones I'm having trouble with, too.

I have tried using the bomb in all sorts of locations trying to figure out where to place it to get 4, and I don't think it's possible!

I have no idea about the invisible microbes. I have a feeling it may be something kind of random. Maybe there are invisible microbes on certain spaces of the boards, and if you land on them, or next to them, you "get" them.

I haven't gotten the 15 minute break, but I'm assuming it means you start a board, then leave the computer for 15 minutes while the game is running. I'm going to try it now, and I'll let you know!

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Jun 19, 11 9:19 PM
I had a weird thing happen when I was playing the angel puzzle. I placed one angel, a demon jumped it... and the puzzle ended as if I had hit the skip button. And I was looking forward to that puzzle, too!

posted in LandGrabbers on Jun 6, 11 10:18 PM
Any tips on beating the first Lava Level? Yellow and Green just keep coming down in waves and destroying my troops... I swear they're teaming up on me!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 8, 11 2:57 PM
Me too. I'm suspecting the game didn't keep track of certain things during the demo period, but started when you played the full version.. so you ended up "missing" the first few hidden object scenes and puzzles. I know I didn't use any hints or skip any puzzles during the demo, but after I bought the game it wasn't until I'd completed the NEXT three hidden object scenes that the little notice popped up saying I'd gotten that achievement.

Other than that I had no trouble with glitches. And this isn't a big one... but it is a good excuse to play again right away

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 8, 11 2:51 PM
Also, if you do the little quiz and correctly answer all the questions you get to read a little epilogue which tells you just a little about the case featured in the next game!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 7, 11 9:52 PM
ElephantGames wrote:Hello Everybody! All MTR developing team is greatly inspired with your comments and rewievs! It's even hard to imagine the importance of your moral support and high esteem! Thank You Very Much!!
About glithces. We are really sorry about them and working on solution of some issues on the moment. We are eager to help, but in some cases it is not so easy to do(.
One more question to all:
Please write what you would like to see in the bonus content in next MT game.
Belive me this question is not just a curiosity (all the ideas and suggestions that you will probably write - will be taken into account).
Peter.

By far one of my favorite game series! Thank you for all of your hard work!

I have to say I think you got the bonus content just right on this one! There's a little bit for everyone. Bonus game play is the biggest part for me. I like the bonus chapters to have a bit more of the story, but not so much that when you play the standard edition you feel as though you are missing something. Raincliff is the perfect example of that. When the regular game ends, you know there is a bit more to the story, but you're satisfied with the ending, then the bonus chapter really adds more depth to the story and rounds it out. I also love having new places to explore rather than just revisiting old scenes.

The quiz and epilogue were an excellent addition! I loved that. Especially the little hints at the next game! and the bonus videos added to that too! I always like looking at the concept art to see how the ideas progressed. I usually pass on the music and wallpapers, but the wallpapers you included were superior to so many others I've seen! well done on those.

I honestly don't know what I'd want included in bonus content beyond these! But I'll keep it in mind!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 7, 11 7:12 PM
Ridnhi wrote:The game is worth every penny. I finished the game and am in the process of playing the bonus game but I can't find the dining room in the Brown house. Any suggestions from someone who has figured it out? This is one great game. So, even if I can't finish the bonus game it still is a superb game and I have nothing negative to say about it. It kept me busy for hours and hours and the real world with its problems just fades away as you get totally involved in the plot and seeking answers and solutions to the crime. Good Job!!!!

Which part are you having difficulty with? do you mean the kitchen?

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 7, 11 7:08 PM
Definitely worth the CE price. The bonus play isn't necessary to the story, but it does round it out very nicely. And for once I really like the other bonuses: there's a little quiz to take and then you get an epilogue which gives a glimpse of the next game, as does one of the bonus videos.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 7, 11 7:04 PM
just a minor issue that affected my achievements, but not game play... so its not a big deal, but it is a glitch

I played the demo, then bought and continued from where the demo left off, it was only then that the game started keeping track of my hidden object scenes (ie, not using hints) so when I finished the game I didn't receive the achievement for complete all hidden object scenes without using a hint, heck, I didn't even get the one for completeing 10 without using a hint. and I know for a fact I didn't use any hints as I knew it was one of the acheivements.

But I guess its just a good reason to play again!

posted in Silent Scream: The Dancer on Apr 25, 11 4:53 PM
This and the last 2 games I demoed haved been far too linear in their game play for my enjoyment. If I see a key I'll need later in the game, let me pick it up now rather than have to trapse all about trying to remember where I saw that dang key. Or let me have an option of which part of the game I want to attempt -- if I don't want to do a certain puzzle or hidden object scene now, please don't make it so that I have to do it right now before I can get into another room, etc.

The graphics were interesting, but considering the rather mature subject matter, I thought they didn't really fit... everything looked almost too cute and big-eyed. Also, the voice work (though it was nice to have) really bothered me. It was too slow, and there was something I can't quite put my finger on that annoyed me as well.

Looks like it could be fun, but its just not for me.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 24, 11 9:57 AM
This is a thanks but no thanks game for me. I'm not a fan of games that are too linear, where I can only look at or do certain things after I have done something else, ie. you can only look at the bedside table after you look at the desk, or you can only pick up the shears once you realize you need to cut a branch, etc. I like having options. And yes, there was too much clicking! The trial period of the game was far too short to get me interested in the story line. It didn't really give me much sense of mystery.

It's a shame because I really liked the graphics

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator