Posts created by hornplayer

Well shoot..... guess I'll have to start over then. Thanks for the advice!

My computer shut itself down while the game was running. Upon returning to the game, the whole bottom of the screen is gone! The inventory, the hint, all the stuff on the bottom left, gone! I've shut it down and re-opened several times but it's still gone. Tried not using a full-screen - still gone. Any ideas how to get it back??

I even uninstalled and re-installed it. Instead of starting over as a new game, it picked up where I'd left off, and the inventory etc is still missing. I'm really stumped now!!

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Jul 16, 17 10:03 PM
raywing wrote:had the same issue, then i went out of the game, and when i came back the eagle was gone and the rune was there.

That worked for me!!

How can I get the game display off of widescreen? I've got the 2 black bars at top and bottom, and the rest of the image is squashed in between.

Also - clicking on 'hint' does nothing. I don't get any hints.

And - is there anyway to keep the inventory locked so it's in view all the time?

Hope someone can help.

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 17 4:22 PM
I tried to post this on the Tech Issue page but instead of creating a new discussion, it stuck my post at the very end of MANY pages!! So I'm trying again here. Maybe someone will see it and help me out.

Why is this called 'Please post any TECH ISSUES" if you're just going to refer us to the Help pages? My issue is not covered on the help pages.
The game loads very slowly and jerkily. I'm using Windows 10. I've already set the setting slider to 100% as suggested in the help pages. I haven't even been able to begin the game! I uninstalled and re-installed the game but it didn't help.
All other BF games run smoothly. I really need assistance from tech support!

Can't open the game. Get this error msg:
"Access violation at
0x02C40D50 (tried to read from
0xFFFFFFFF), program
terminated.

What do I do now?

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch on Mar 3, 17 8:24 AM
Why is this called 'Please post any TECH ISSUES" if you're just going to refer us to the Help pages? My issue is not covered on the help pages.
The game loads very slowly and jerkily. I'm using Windows 10. I've already set the setting slider to 100% as suggested in the help pages. I haven't even been able to begin the game! All other BF games run smoothly. I really need assistance from tech support!

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 17 8:05 PM
The game loads very slowly and jerkily. I'm using Windows 10. I've already set the setting slider to 100% as suggested in the help pages. I haven't even been able to begin the game! All other BF games run smoothly. I really need assistance from tech support!

I would love to know how to do this, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

I can't figure out how to make them go vertical. Can someone please help?

I notice that other people have reported the same issue: placing the gears on the game in the secret room, then exiting the game, only to have the gears disappear. That thread is locked and there are no answers or solutions.
What gives???
Please tell us how to resolve this issue!!

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 15 9:25 PM
Thanks. I had already had them lining up, but doing it again and matching the lines first did the trick.

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 15 3:58 PM
It's on the piece of furniture that has the candelabra on it. I've matched the dots to the clue but the game doesn't recognize that. I've done it a couple of times now. Sure, I can 'skip' but I don't like doing that. Anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it??

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 15 10:35 PM
I could not get the filter and camera to make the right image so I chose 'skip' on this picture. The camera took the picture but I don't have the photo in inventory. It's only in the diary. So I can't solve the puzzle in the armoire in the hotel room and can't go any farther in the game. HELP PLEASE!!
Also: the 'hint' function no longer works either. I click on the fox and on the word hint and nothing happens.

posted in Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 14 11:59 PM
Go to the passageway (find it on your map).
Play the HOP where you have outlines of things to find.
You will get a BLOCK.
Put the KEY in the BLOCK.
Then you can put that sucker into the puzzle in the shop!!

posted in Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 14 11:46 PM
Same here! I can't get the key block to go in the frame at all!!!

posted in Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur on Apr 23, 13 11:19 AM
I am at the part of the game where I am supposed to select the amulet to open the mini-menagerie; give the BAMBOO to Chester to receive the GREEN BUTTON.

The problem is that I can't pick up the bamboo from inventory, the screen is dark except for Chester, and the only action I can take is to click on 'menu'. I can't use anything in inventory, I can't back out of the scene, can't close the mini-menagerie.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it??

posted in Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur on Apr 22, 13 10:13 PM
I am at the part of the game where I am supposed to select the amulet to open the mini-menagerie; give the BAMBOO to Chester to receive the GREEN BUTTON.

The problem is that I can't pick up the bamboo from inventory, the screen is dark except for Chester, and the only action I can take is to click on 'menu'. I can't use anything in inventory, I can't back out of the scene, can't close the mini-menagerie.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it??

posted in Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies on Jul 14, 12 10:35 PM
Got the following error msg when trying to start game for the first time:
'Error: Access violation at 0x004F516E (tried to read from 0x554BD780)
Program terminated.

Anyone have any ideas what I do now?

posted in Criminal Minds on May 1, 12 10:27 AM
I've completed the tasks 'restoring the crime scene' and 'giving caution tape to groundskeeper'. According to the walkthrough and the hint, this is supposed to give me access to the building behind the groundskeeper. However, he is still there and not moving. I can't get to the tree to retrieve Kate's purse nor can I get to the Art on the Square.
Anyone else have this problem or know how to get around it?

Never mind.... got it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator