Posts created by LeBoof

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 1, 17 11:51 AM
centabo wrote:.....However, when I'm playing sunken secrets, or any other game for that matter, it is because I want to be playing for a good long while and I want to immerse myself in that game. Besides, if sunken secrets is left unattended for too long those kroks come along and take over and then our hard earned magic points have to be spent getting rid of them and their evil weeds

Ditto what you said, centabo!

Another issue I have is ALWAYS running out of storage! The minute I upgrade, I'm outta room. Soooo frustrating! I like to have a lot of the items that take a long time to produce on hand so I don't have to wait an hour or more to get what I need, but it takes up so much space in the storage bin that I'm constantly struggling to keep room for other challenges. Ughhhh!

That said....I love this game and have become quickly addicted! (shhhh, don't tell hubby, but I was up until after 2a last night playing.)

If anyone has any suggestions, please share....as I'm sure we can all learn from each other.

Ta Ta for now...the game is calling....
LeBoof

posted in Ancient Quest of Saqqarah on Mar 28, 17 8:32 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, SynthpopAddict. Just as I'd suspected. Guess I'll just delete the trial and find something else.

posted in Ancient Quest of Saqqarah on Mar 28, 17 2:47 PM
I just recently discovered Ancient Quest of Saqqarah, and got all excited about it. It was kinda cool to see you could purchase upgrades to the game to keep the quest going.

Unfortunately, it appears that this game has had it's time and the developers are no longer actively promoting or supporting the game.

A Google search only brings up posts from years ago....nothing new, which tells me that it's a 'play at your own risk' sort of thing.

I'd love to get into this game, but not sure I want to invest so much time on a game that in all probability would be a waste of time. Yes, one may be able to buy the add-ons, but more than likely they were developed for older Windows systems, and my not install or operate correctly, and without any support, it'd be a waste of money on a long shot.

Can anybody tell me if there are plans to bring this game back to life, or is it destined to continue dying a slow death?

Thank you for any and all information you can provide.

Happy Swimming,
LeBoof

Just finished playing the Trial with no problems! ***Knock on wood*** Am d/ling the full version right now.

So far, it's looking real good. (Thank God, cuz I've been waiting impatiently for this next installment of what is arguably one of THE best HOG game series ever made) True to the Ravenhearst series. Great graphics, perfect music and challenging gameplay. The storyline seems to pick up where it left off, which is exactly how it should be. Someone said they were hoping this was the final chapter. Personally, I hope & pray it isn't. While I'm not sure how much further they can go....hopefully they have a few more 'chapters' in mind.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's on the fence about it. The morphing objects are different, but a nice change. Thank you to the developers and artists that made it come together. You did a great job, and it looks like your hard work has paid off. The results are an awesome game, sure to give hours of gaming pleasure.

My only warning would be to be very careful......it's very addicting! Ok, I'm off to continue the adventure....

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 20, 11 12:08 PM
Game loading extremely slow. Also game not in full screen. Has about 4" margins on left side & top, with floating error box saying "Input Not Supported". I tried closing & reopening, no luck. Tried next morning...no luck. Finally just deleted the game. Shame too, cuz I never got to play, and it looked like it'd be fun.

posted in 4 Elements II on Oct 30, 11 7:56 AM
luvmymare,

I'm not sure I'm the person to help you, but if you could post a screen shot of the area you're talking about, the visual might help others know exactly what area you're having trouble with. I've gone through the game, but couldn't tell one area from another, in terms of which level it was from. Hopefully this helps you get the assistance you need.

Good Luck!

posted in Behind the Reflection on Feb 4, 11 10:25 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you all for posting in this thread. We are aware of the C++ error that many of you are receiving, but we'd still like to collect more information on this. If you could take the time to write in to Tech Support, that would be very helpful for us to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. -bfgArnoStyx

Just an FYI.....I sent a message to Customer Support informing them of my/our problem. Hopefully they will get to working on a 'fix' and we'll be good to go.

Personally, I RARELY have problems with the games here, so I see this as an isolated issue, and not representative of the quality of games at BFG as a whole. I still feel they offer high quality, FUN games, outstanding Customer Service, and a very trustworty website. But, nothing in life is perfect, so the least we can do is inform them, and give them the opportunity to make things right.

Thanks for listening...
LeBoof

posted in Behind the Reflection on Feb 3, 11 9:46 AM
quarlesqueen wrote:I can't play this game either, as soon as the boy went into the mirror, I got a Microsoft Visual C++Debug Library-Debug Asseration Failed error.
I've never had one of these before, so no idea what it means, I usually don't have problems with games from BF.
Also why isn't there a technical Issue's thread, for this game?

Same exact thing for me! Like others, I very rarely have problems with BF's games. And, it's an Alawar game, and they're usually very good.

Not too sure I wanna take the time for Cust. Svc. With so many people having the same problem...it's the game, not us. Soooooo, I'll just pass on this one, I guess.

Thank you everyone for sharing here. It's really saved a lot of grief for us.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Jan 23, 11 9:47 PM
CasualGran wrote:Wrote this after buying and playing this on the devs site last month:

This is fantastic new Inventory Hidden Object Game from Playrix! I love every minute of it! First of all it opens with an appetizing litlle trailer. Then you have 2 choices. Playing standard, which is the relaxed mode with indicated hotspots, or 'high difficulty'. I played the relaxed mode, so can't tell you much about the more challenging gameplay, but this game is so entertaining that I'm sure I'll play it again in the 'high difficulty' mode.

The other choice you can make is having the character you play talk with a male or a female voice, which I think is the first time I see this thoughtfull possiblility in a game. KUDOS to the devs!!!
The graphics are superb. Handdrawn and crisp, a pleasure to look at. HOG scenes are the junkpile style, but objects aren't difficult to find, I've discovered no small or too well hidden stuff. Another good thing is that the objects fit the timeperiod, no annoying modern things thrown in. Hints are unlimited and the button refills really fast.

The story is intriguing from the start, and the music is so atmospheric and varied that I didn't feel the usual need to mute it. The gameplay is keeping you attentive, it's like looking at a thrilling, spooky movie. You'll have minigames and puzzles to do to make progress, and they're all skippable. The handholding is minimum, which I found great.

This game makes your brain work and is a nice change compared to the easy going majority of HOGs. One of the minigames makes the crow in this story talk. He'll get you started and will continue to appear now and then.
Very convenient is the map of the house that you can use to move to another room. Running around not needed here! You've got a journal too, so no problem to stop playing for a while. You can always catch up easily. Finally, making this game the perfect IHOG of the year IMO, is the length. Hours and hours of gamepleasure, so definitely worth the money! Try the demo at least and if you decide to buy: happy gaming!

5 out of 5

Although I have barely just begun this game....DITTO what CasualGran said. She is right on the money with this one. I was maybe 10-15 mins into the demo and KNEW it was a keeper. I'm soooo glad I bought it. But then again, it's by Playrix. They are top notch, A+++. Need I say more?

Love Love Love this game!!!

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Jan 22, 11 4:06 PM
D/L'd the trial. This game was so SLOW that I could only play like 10 minutes at a time. It was very boring (to me), and unengaging. The endless talking drove me to tears. And unlike most here, I found the graphics to be similar to the 3D stuff we saw years ago; Very clunky and blocky. The sound was horrid. The only voice I could hear was Sylvie's; The others were bearly audible. And the storyline....Hmm, was there one? There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for what you did, and the order in which to do it.

All in all, it was amatureish (sp?), and not well thought out. Again, JMHO. I've played a few Nancy Drew adventures, and found them much better than this, Although I must admit, I really prefer the HOGs like Ravenhearst, RTR, Sherlock Holmes, Briar Rose, etc.... I'm sorta new to the forums, and I don't know what an iHog, or FRog is, so I didn't refer to them as such, if in fact that's what they are.

To those who enjoy having to walk around, hunt & search, talk alot and have absolutely no clue or hint....this will be the game for you.

Happy Gaming,
LeBoof

posted in RealMYST on Jan 21, 11 11:36 AM
onelifesdream wrote:Yeah, I was ecstatic to see this game here. I couldn't wait to play. I didn't even hesitate to dl it. Unfortunately, I just can't handle it at all. I think this is a tad worse because of the way it moves. It doesn't advance like a typical point and click adventure game, I seem to have to use both keyboard and mouse and wow, I am just blah after those 15 minutes or so. I just can't do it. I will wait to contact about it 'cause my fiancee' might like it.

I also can't go on any spinning rides anymore, which I used to love! There is also a ride at Six Flags New England called "Houdini" and you walk into a room as if to watch a movie and there are rows of benches on either side of the room facing each other but they tilt or raise and lower and lights flash and I had to close my eyes the entire time or I would've been sick all day and that was the first thing we went on. I couldn't tell you at all what goes on cause I was just focusing on keeping my eyes closed and telling myself it would all be over in a couple of minutes. Seemed like an eternity though!

Onelifesdream,

I can sooo totally relate with you on the 360 stuff. I can't do 'virtual' rides, can't do the 360 panoramic movies, can't be spun in circles....none of that.

We went to Epcot Center, and went to the Canada exhibit. They had a 360 movie about Canada, and I got so sick I had to sit on the floor in the corner with my eyes closed until they opened the doors. Omg, that was BAAAAD!

I just got done with the trial of 'Stroke of Midnight', and while it's not 360, it's very similar. I won't be adding that game to my collection either.

As for the MYST, I was sooooo excited to see your post about finding it here, I was gonna buy it w/o trying the free trial; which is a moot point since it doesn't have a trial. hehehe Anyhoo, because it's 360, I'm going to have to pass. Darn it all!!! Ever since I was a kid, I got car sick, and heck, I even got seasick on a cruise for my honeymoon. So, I know I won't be able to just get used to the effect.

Thank you for sharing the great news about MYST being here at BFG, though.

To those of you that will buy it and play it.....I'm jealous as heck!!! But, I hope you have a blast with it!!!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Jan 20, 11 7:37 PM
Hi All,

While I haven't finished this game yet, (I just got into the Library. Not sure if I'm near the end or not :/ ) I hate to admit that it's kicking my be-hind! The fact that it doesn't hold my hand is a plus, and I HATE to use hints, it's really taking me a long time to get through this. So, for me, it's one of the most challenging games so far. But, I really like it.

If I'm being honest, the storyline, to me, seems disjointed. I'm not seeing an obvious or smooth transition between areas & tasks, which may be why it seems so difficult; the story is too hard to follow. However, I feel the graphics are phenomenal, the sound effects are good, and the music is spot on! All I can say is that after all this....the ending better be worth it. LOL

Others have mentioned a predecessor, so now I'm gonna have to go check it out. Oh darn! hehehe

Definitely worth a try!!! A+

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 8, 11 12:56 PM
In my first review, I didn't mention the live actors. But I must agree with the few that prefer the drawn characters. Having the live people just doesn't seem to fit, and I'm much rather it stay the way it was. They distract me for some reason. And Safarri...you're right about the cleaning lady's wig. What is up with that????

OT: In regards to a sequel for RTR....I'm all for it. I think that's probably their crown jewel of the MCF series. Just my 2 cents.

I'd really like to have gotten the CE, but, until they allow us to use game credits for them, I'll have to settle for the SE. Just can't afford both.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 7, 11 1:33 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello LeBoof and Micacat60! The option to skip a puzzle should appear when you click the hint button. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

bfgArnoStyx, Thanks a TON!!! You Rock! I'll give it a try.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 7, 11 12:39 PM
FINE SWINE!!!!!!

This game is much like RTR. And I loved that game! The game play is good, the pace is good, with one exception...for me: I can't get through the puzzles!!! Not sure if you can skip them; didn't see where you can. Because of that, it can be very frustrating to proceed to the next level.

Other than that, I would highly recommend this game. It's tons of fun, and lots of bang for the buck. The artwork, sound effects and music are outstanding as well. The other thing I like about it, is that isn't sooo easy, that you're done in 2 hours. It keeps you occupied, your mind reeling, and your time enjoyable. A+++

As a side note....I'd love to have that house. Although...the kitchen is a little small.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 7, 11 12:13 PM
Wonderful question!!!! I've managed to finish 1, and that's the one in the dining room. Dang, these are kickin' my be-hind!!! Grrrrrr!

Please, someone with ANY inside info....please resond.

Thx

posted in Cake Mania on Jan 14, 09 8:11 AM
Hi All,

Boy, it sure is nice to see that I'm not the only one having problems with this level. It's been frustrating me for weeks!!! Grrrrr

I'm going to try doing as you've suggested, and leave money on the counter. I'm ready to pull my hair out, and this looks like it's definitely worth a try. Whew!!! I really like this game, and will be very encouraged if I can find a way for my feeble brain to figure out how to progress to the end. hehehehe

Kelly B, you mentioned having the right TV channel on helps. How can we tell which channel is the best?

Thank you all for contributing to this thread....it's really offered hope to those of us that needed 'a little help from our friends'.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Dec 12, 08 12:12 PM
NatashaCorvere wrote: Please note however, I dislike puzzles involving any kind of math.
;-)

I'm witchya boss, I'm witchya!!!

posted in 4 Elements on Dec 2, 08 3:15 PM
Ok,

I've played this game 4 times now....I think. Could be 5. I am absolutely HOOKED on this game!!! I hope they come out with another game in the series. I'd love to see them add items that we can find for bonus rounds or secret areas. That'd be a BLAST!!!! (PlayRix, if you're reading, PLEASE continue the journey!)

Anyhoo, at the end, during the credits, it says that by finishing the game, my name ( or any players' name) is now entered in the book. Ok, which book, and where? I've looked all over and can't find anything.

Is it referring to the Mage's book? If so, do we have access to see it? It's driving me NuTz!!! LOL

Please let me know if you've read the same thing, and if you've found anything. I had to sit through all of the ending credits. (It mentions the name being in the book near the end of the credits).

TIA to all who respond,
LeBoof

posted in Jump Jump Jelly Reactor on Nov 5, 08 3:09 PM
Christym wrote:I was completely not expecting to like this game. Silly name, cutesy premise... But boy was I glad I tried it! It provides a wide variety of play modes and really great mechanisms of play. They've got a nice slow "I'm feeling relatively brain dead" (karma) mode, an arcade mode, a puzzle mode and "I really want to think and react quickly" factory mode.
I suppose one of the things I like best is that it is very simple in premise and easy to learn, but there is a great deal of strategy to playing well. And the different challenges help with your overall play - I did much better on the arcade version after playing in factory mode for a while.
I bought this game (in spite of the name) and have been very glad I did.

I agree. I tried it just for yahoos, and now I'm hooked! I've just started the game, so I've not yet advanced to the upper levels, but I can't wait till I get there. I'm fighting with the Factory, and I'm only on the 3rd level. It says I need to get 5 or 8 (I can't remember) 30 jellys in a row, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get that many. **Embarrassed** But, I'll keep trying.

I hope others can get past the name and cutsie graphics, cuz it really is a ton of fun!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator