Posts created by PaulaSan

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Apr 22, 18 9:28 AM
Have you seen the Subject: "Saying goodbye to the forums" under the SE Forum for: Immortal Love: Black Lotus !

What a shock! It looks like none of our opinions will be being heard in the future!

This last company that bought Big Fish Games seems like they are going to be making some VERY BIG changes to our gaming community!

I'm very, very sad about this!

Comments?

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus on Apr 22, 18 9:17 AM
Well said, quarlesqueen!!

It is truly heartbreaking news to hear that the forums are being closed down!! This is how I've started my day (with coffee in hand ) for years...since 2010... joined in 2011. This will make a huge difference for me as a member of Big Fish!
Big Fish really does have the greatest support team online!! And their forums have given us all a common ground where we could visit, express our views, hear what others experienced.... AND get help from each other when we were stuck... whether with a common 'bug' or just 'lost'
It's the main reason I've stayed as a member for so long...the forums made you feel connected to a 'personal' place, full of friends who all loved and shared gaming!

More recently, it does seem as if the forums, at times, have been less 'friendly' and with more petty, negative reviews...have we become spoilt children where nothing quite satisfies? Have we brought this on ourselves? Usually I just skip over this silly nick-picking but always appreciated being able to read the chatter.

Without reviews there will be only a sea of new games without any navigation from those that have gone before us....! And with the quality of the games changing so much from the games of a few years ago, I truly doubt I will buy as many. Just don't have the time to download every game and see if I like it. Of course, I will recognize a 'dev' that I like or game 'types' that are up my alley. But many times, I've tried a game only because of comments from other fishies that speak of the quality and number of puzzles, types of HO, adventur'ish' or straight HO, etc. that will entice me to demo a game that I might not have tried otherwise.

Oh the days they are a-changing...are my gaming days waning...? I know I'll definitely feel like a fish out of water and an adventurer on the sea in a boat without a paddle... or a lighthouse.

A special thanks to Pennmom36 for all your reviews and help! I would not even have seen this announcement if I had not read your review this morning!
Surely there will be a more official announcement in a more obvious place than a comment in the back pages!

Thanks to All for being there...!! I'm not much of a reviewer myself, but always looked forward to visiting with you!

Will miss you all ever so much!! I guess it's...
Sayonra...
PaulaSan

Wanted to add to my query... that for me this was the BEST alternative to HOS ever used in these HOPA games! KUDOS to the devs for this truly innovative idea! If they did not use these 'triangular puzzles' again in their 2nd game of this series, it is a real loss for this series and for us gamers...for me it definitely made the game more desirable AND replayable ... but then I do love 'puzzles'... may not be such a treat for other players Still, maybe some other devs will pick up on this alternative to HOS in their future games...here's hoping!

In the first game of this series, "The Spectra World", there was an alternative game for the HOS that were 'triangular puzzles'. Could anyone tell me if this game has these alternative 'puzzles' for the HOS, as well? Thanks... & Happy Gaming.

posted in Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger on Sep 8, 16 6:52 AM
Morning cbtx,

My impression from other posts in this forum is that the BF version only has 9 chapters. After searching around online, I saw only one other site that has the 'Premier Edition'. It has 3 more chapters...Bonus: 10, 11, and 12.
That is in keeping with the other games from this dev that Big Fish has offered here. They only get the SE versions of the games. My impression is that BF doesn't feel that the Premeir versions are quite up to charging BF's full CE price for the extra content and I think they are fair in that assessment... although I wish we could get the full versions!
But... at least we get them! I am a fan of these games and have played almost all of them! As I remember the cut versions do seem to have an 'ending', but I can't be totally sure of how satisfying an ending, as a couple of times, I have bought the PE at another site. I do know I have enjoyed playing them!
Since I have a pcc to use I'm going to get this one for free! You can't beat that...ha!

Happing gaming!
Paula

posted in Riddles of the Past on Jun 20, 16 6:26 AM
Sorry, Jorie 10, but I'm pretty sure one can't use a PCC on the Daily Deal, which is
a game for $2.99. It's enough of a 'deal' without using a coupon...especially when it's bonus punch day.
Remember: Bonus punch day is the only time anyone gets a 'punch credit' for a coupon code... so you can only get one punch anyway.
So you are correct to just wait for another Bonus punch day to get this game for free and still get a punch for your coupon.

posted in Parallels Cross on Jan 18, 16 7:21 AM
Thanks for the quick response!

I had already opened my GM earlier (before I went online to the Big Fish web-site to download the TGT) but didn't notice any banner posted. So after having read your response I closed it and then reopened it. Wow, if I had 'blinked' I would have missed it...and evidently did, the first time I opened my GM. The banner barely flashed on and was then gone again! Does your banner stay on your GM?

I check out my e-mail, the Big Fish Home Page AND my Game Manager every morning. Haven't seen the Bonus Day notice posted any where on the web-site itself today nor did I receive an e-mail notice. Wonder what's up with that.

So 'Big Thanks' for again for posting it in your message or I would have missed it completely!

posted in Parallels Cross on Jan 18, 16 6:25 AM
9otters,

Are all Mondays back to being Bonus Punch days?
I don't see it advertised any where. The last couple of times there were BP days (that I was aware of) Big Fish has posted it either by e-mail or with an information box when you first log on. How did you find out?

Thanks for the heads up.
PaulaSan

posted in Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 15 8:38 AM
I am completely with Biomix! I love this game! As Biomix said "it's keeping all of my attention"... well it's certainly using up a lot of MY little grey cells! Ha!

With so many of the new games you do a couple of easy tasks in each scene and then you're off to another scene, so the game keeps your attention by giving you a lot of scenes...but then the same old, same old tasks. I'm kinda of surprised that this is a Grandma game. I've played a couple of their games and though I enjoyed them, they were nothing as innovative as this one!

This game IS VERY ornate in it's artwork. And you are definitely challenged to look at every thing...! It's one of those where you have to take your time to analyze the scene. Check out the pop-up scenes...do what you can in each one. Sometimes a pop-up area may rely on you also visiting another pop-up area to complete the first area...this is especially true in the Palace Hall... I know! Jeesh! Hopefully, that info will make sense to you.., and help a little. It is a different style than most of the games here. I think it's definitely worth taking your time to check out. Still, it just may not be your kind of game....different strokes for different folks.

Personally, I'm having a terrific time checking out all the different integrated areas in order to find the path to the solution. It's like the whole game is one big puzzle to put together!

Anyway it's a buy for me and I'm looking forward to exploring this very beautiful and interesting puzzle game!!

Happy gaming to all.
PaulaSan

posted in The Secret Order: Beyond Time Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 15 7:09 AM
Hi phirey,

The puzzles are my favorite part of these games as well!
However, that can mean different things to different players, so I'm not sure we'll be of the same taste, but here are some of my favorite games 'puzzlewise'.
Note that some of these games are older games, but I think you'll find that some of the best games for puzzles are the older ones... again depending on what type of puzzles and gameplay you like.

Here goes:
'Spookier' story lines:
1. Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn
2. Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove (the original one, not the 'Return to')
3. Mystery Case Files: The 13th Skull
4. Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival (this last one is based on other, older MCF games with 'Ravenhearst' in the title, but done by a different developer)

'Fantasy' or 'Adventure' storylines:
1. Hidden Expedition: Devil's TriangleTearstone
2. Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands
3. Tearstone
4. Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless
5. Any of the 'Drawn' games (I think there are 3)
6. Awakening: Moonfell Wood
7. Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince
8. Torment of Mt. Triste

I've played so many games over the years it's not easy to remember them all. I'm sure that there are some that I've loved and just can't remember the names off the top of my head here, but like I said before, hopefully this will give you a start! Be sure to check them out before you buy and make sure you like the graphics, story lines, gamplay, etc.

Good luck & Happy Gaming!!
PaulaSan

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Dec 29, 14 6:45 AM
Darek_Rusin ,

Thanks for your presence here in our forums....

Am so glad to hear there is going to be a walkthrough for your game.

A lot of gamers won't buy a game unless there is one.... so hopefully it will help your sales... and they won't miss out on a truly fun game!!

posted in Myths of Orion: Light from the North on Dec 5, 14 6:41 AM
Hi Ivan,

I'm enjoying this new game so far and am wondering if there will be any kind of walkthrough offered to help us gamers, if we have trouble moving forward?

Thanks so much for this opportunity to speak with you.
PaulaSan

posted in Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition on Oct 19, 14 1:45 PM
Has anyone checked out the Stained Glass Windows in the Great Hall?

It seems that when you find one of the collectable cards in the game, that a section is colored in on the stain-glass pieces of that figure's window in the Great Hall. However, when you click on the window to look more closely at it, a puzzle will come up. Each window has a different puzzle.

Just wondering if anyone has checked this section out....or even better has completed playing it! It looks interesting and could be a plus for me to buy the CE if it gives some more game play.

Thanks for any comments.

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 24, 14 7:23 AM
Don't know why this posted three times!!!
It posted twice and when I tried to cancel one of them, both of them were cancelled! Then it posted the third one...if I cancel that one they all get cancelled.... go figure!!
So for it to post at all you're getting three.... maybe it's a '"charm"

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 24, 14 7:12 AM
Hey bobhillman.

The green fragments go into the Book at the bottom left of the screen. After you open the Book you will see some Labels... Info and Magic....

Info is a compilation of our current adventures.

The green fragments, when found, go into the 'Magic' tab. There are 4 green pieces to find for each picture (hints of where these pieces can be found are sketched onto the page of the book ). Each completed page tells you a 'piece' of the background story of what happened in the Dreaming Garden before our quest to save our mother.

Hope this helps.
Paula

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 24, 14 7:09 AM
Hey bobhillman.

The green fragments go into the Book at the bottom left of the screen. After you open the Book you will see some Labels... Info and Magic....

The green fragments, when found, go into the 'Magic' tab. There are 4 green pieces to find for each picture (hints of where these pieces can be found are sketched onto the page of the book ). Each completed page tells you a 'piece' of the background story of what happened in the Dreaming Garden before our quest to save our mother.

Hope this helps.
Paula

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 24, 14 7:07 AM
Hey bobhillman.

Hope this helps. Paula

posted in Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Jul 14, 14 5:00 AM
Mornin' Ak.... and thanks for your review about the bonus game! I wish more reviewers would come back and leave reviews after having played the entire game!

Glad to know you liked the bonus game... I'm definitely going to buy this game, but still haven't decided yet whether to buy the SE or CE. I want to support this dev as I have played all their games and have enjoyed them. But I think this is their first attempt at a CE. I wasn't too taken by the 'cat' helper, he seemed very stiff... and he has a main part in the bonus....and then there is the issue of lighting the orbs.... soooo... having a hard time deciding on this one ....especially since CE 'worthiness' mostly comes down to the bonus game play for me

I do appreciate hearing every ones' experiences.... it really helps to get a more complete idea of the total package. Thanks to all who take the time to review....especially after having finished the game!

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 9, 14 10:02 AM
Hey bigdave02....

You are not alone! In fact I would say you are with the majority of gamers here!

It's just a sign of the times... and money talks. Smaller devs are on their own these days ... not much help from the Big Fish regarding walkthroughs....It seems there are no longer walkthroughs for SE releases... only ones for games that were previously released as CEs.

posted in Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Jul 6, 14 7:58 AM
Thanks so much for your 'honest' opinion of the completed game!! And thanks especially for including info on the Bonus gameplay! You included some very helpful information for those of us who are trying to decide whether to buy CE or SE. So many people give reviews after 5 or 10 minutes of looking at the demo... really, barely giving the game a chance to unfold, and that...IMHO... only muddies the waters of the reviews.

I know that we don't all like the same types of gameplay and that tastes differ, but some games may take a while to get into but then develop into real gems .... other devs do a really good job of WOW-ing you in the demo and then just go downhill from there with the gameplay. That's why, when someone has played the entire game and then gives a review of their experience, to me that's a valid review... !!

I think some games really get shafted by 'bad' reviews when what has been bad were quick unfounded 'bad reviews'. Too bad... it hurts both gamers and devs.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator