Posts created by blessed34

I too was excited to see the new MCF game but was massively disappointed. I found myself bored with the plot not even half way through the demo. There is nothing special about this game and after going back to a junk pile HOS in the same place for the second time.....I was done. I didn't even finish the demo and this is the first MCF out of all of them that I won't be buying.

I'm having the same problem as Poodlebear. I just started the bonus game and am not able to finish it. I am clearly missing something that I'm supposed to have in my inventory and my hint button won't work. I have Windows 10.

posted in Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition on Sep 9, 17 10:56 AM
I just had the same problem. Going to try again. Hopefully I can play, looks like a good game.

Almost to the end and no key!!! 13.99 is a lot of money for a game that I can't finish.

It happened to me too. How disappointing!

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury on Jan 15, 16 9:13 AM
This would be a good game if I could play it. The map doesn't work and would freeze up when clicked. I would have to ctr-alt-delete to get out of it. Then the hint button stopped working so now the game is unplayable.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 15 7:38 PM
I am playing on Windows 7. The game played great for the demo. I bought the game and about 1/3 into the game it crashed and had to ctrl alt delete and now the game won't even launch, it's just a black screen with a loading cursor.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 15 11:13 AM
I was disappointed. Sadly and IMO, the second and now third in this series has not lived up to the first.
The game could be great but I just can't get past the graphics. I know it's a preference issue but I prefer the graphics to be detailed and crisp. The whole look of this game was very much like a blurred water color painting which made the HOS too tedious as the objects were harder to see. Looks like an unpolished game or that the developers were too lazy to go the extra step.
I only played the first 15 minutes of the demo before I had enough and uninstalled the game. I bought the first 2 games in the series but this one is a definite no buy for me, not even with a coupon.

posted in Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 14 1:22 PM
cbtx wrote:Perfectly said, twinsoniclab!!

I agree!!

posted in Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 14 6:50 AM
I agree! I just watched the demo video and thought....Wow, they sure aren't trying very hard to sell a game with that advertising!

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 13, 14 7:29 PM
I have the same problem!

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 13, 14 7:17 PM
The game crashed twice during the main game. One of the crashes required a hard shut down and restart of my computer. I am in early in the bonus game but am having a problem with the HOS where you get a chain. There was a short animation, then I have 2 chain pieces left. Hint says that there is nothing to do. UGH!

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 14 8:10 AM
So far I am loving this game! It has a real creep factor to it that is unusual for a casual game. No cute animals or fairy tale stuff.
The cut scenes are fantastic....like watching a scary movie. The intro scene truly gave me the chills.
The story line is an interesting one. The only downfalls are that the graphics could've been a little more cleaned up in some areas. The HOS are a bit tedious for my taste but thankfully there are not too many of them.
Overall, I'm really enjoying it and I bought it.

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 13 8:03 PM
I specifically came on the forums to find out if anyone else noticed the old bait and switch technique! Ugh! I don't like being duped! I would've given the game 5 stars for the demo and only 3 by the time I finished it.

posted in Maestro: Music from the Void Collector's Edition on Jan 31, 13 7:12 AM
I usually love ERS but some of their games are too heavy on the HOS. I recently played the second in the Maestro series ( for a second time ) and realized that the game became tedious with one HOS after another. So I'm hesitant to even demo this game because of that.

ETA...I also am one of those people that love the music on these games.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 11:21 AM

Do you know why paying members are important? because every time a sale comes around they are the ones who already own every game offered..know why??? because of their membership and loyalty!!

This is so true!! I laughed out loud!

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 12 7:59 AM
A game with no or very few HOS is an instant buy for me! I played about 10 minutes and then hit buy!

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition on May 31, 12 2:14 PM
mhatfie wrote:Wonder why they bother to put such a good intro into a game, with great graphics and even real people in it and then give us a game that is just so so in my opinion and not up to the same caliber as the opening scenes . Just asking.

Ditto!!

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 28, 12 9:23 AM
I really wanted to love this game but it just doesn't grab me. The graphics are nicely done.
There are voiceovers. There seemed to be a lot to do and I love the morphing objects. It really did seem like a CE game for an SE price and I debated with myself on buying it but I really dislike the hos! And there are a lot of them and they feel like a chore. I found myself dreading the next hos as they were difficult to see and tedious.

posted in Grim Tales: The Legacy on Feb 3, 12 7:18 AM
Bummer! I really wanted to buy this game but guess I will have to wait! I hope they fix this problem soon!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator