Posts created by DeeBeth

I'm just going to comment that I personally know some people that think it's hilarious to anger and offend others. It's how they get their entertainment. And the angrier and more offended people get the more these people sit there and laugh. I have no idea if that was the case this time but I know it happens.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 28, 13 7:05 PM
It's a good thing this isn't a race. It might be August before I finish. I'm now Watson hunting down the bookseller while Sherlock is in the tower.
I have to admit to be glad to be out of there. I didn't like the tower too much.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 14, 13 6:10 PM
I switched to first person. It seems more efficient but I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. Maybe it's all those stairs and me having Holmes running. Anyway I'm in the tower and have been to the weapons room, picked up a couple of items. Saw some bird tracks and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 12, 13 5:10 PM
I'm back and playing Sherlock again. Do I really have to go through all the paintings to find the clues? Sounds so tedious. Ok, enough whining. Better get to work

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 6, 13 7:46 PM
I made it back to the game. RL has been busy. Currently I'm wandering around the museum after the theft[ Unfortunately, I'm going out of town tomorrow for a funeral so I won't get back to the game until next week.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 2, 13 8:21 AM
I've started but haven't gotten very far. Still trying to familiarize myself with the layout and controls.

posted in Strangestone on Feb 27, 13 5:23 PM
It'll highlight all of them like you said but then all but one will fade and disappear and the one that stays on the screen is what you need to do and/or go.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 11:43 AM
This is a review of the completed game. Since many others have done excellent reviews I'll focus more on feedback for the developer.

-I liked how everything connected to the story and that there was at least some logic in what you were doing.
-I liked the matching the pictures. It was unique (except for EFR) and a nice change.
-I liked the way the HOS were done.
-I liked one of the early puzzles with the wires.
-I liked the strategy guide.
-I liked how the strategy guide kept track of how far you've progressed in the game.
-I liked the overall story line. It was interesting.

Dislikes:

-The game became repetitive. While the HOS and pictures were unique there wasn't enough variety in gameplay overall.
-Didn't like the moving jigsaws. I completed them but got frustrated doing so.
-Not enough mini-games/puzzles. Needed those to help break up some of the monotony of the gameplay.
-the music...where's the great music that RTR and DG had? Music was either non-exsistent or pathetic.
-the color scheme. Got tired of looking at brown/gray scenes.
-The bonus game -HORRIBLE. Very disappointed in the bonus game.
-the ending. WOW. That was probably one of the worst endings of any game I've played. I almost had to close my ears and put my hands over my ears.

Overall:

This is an average game that would be great as an SE for someone looking for something different. Unfortunately it does not even come close to living up to its predessecors. All of which, including EFR and 13th skulls, I've enjoyed.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 7:06 AM
LarkBea wrote:Game won't install. I have tried twice, getting a prompt to install Flash player each time. I already have the latest version of Flash installed but ok'd it anyway. Of course, Flash wouldn't install again since it was already installed. Running Windows 7-64bit, 8GB of RAM, installed with administrative privileges.

Not trying again to install this game.

Do you use internet explorer or another browser? I had a similar problem because I never use internet explorer. There are two different sets of flash. One for internet explorer and another for other browsers. I had one up to date but not the other. My problem came when I tried to download flash for internet explorer using internet explorer. Eventually I just used my other browser. Had to go to the downloads page on adobe but it worked. Game now runs fine.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 9, 12 11:38 AM
Does anybody know if there's going to be an actual ouiji board in the game?

Here is my take on the negativity towards this game and ERS. Every single ERS game is a very good game BUT they are all similar in graphics, gameplay, music etc. There is not a lot of variety. Almost everything is being recycled. Now if I counted correctly, Cursed Wedding is now the 26th ERS CE game. With that many games the similarities become glaring.

Also, many people buy the CE of a game, in part, to support the dev's efforts in hopes that the dev will in turn use their money and talents to produce an even better product next time. Thus the frustration of having CE #26 not be that different than CE #1.

I agree with Bella that if the games came out as SE's there wouldn't be as many complaints. Just my two cents

I have both and I liked mystic hospital better than cinderstone orphanage.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 12 3:33 PM
I vote for Awakening.

posted in Syberia on Aug 27, 12 8:11 PM
I'm in the middle of playing Syberia II along with a couple of other games. I'm a little ADD when it comes to games. If I'm still playing it when a group play starts up I'd be happy to jump in.

posted in Syberia on Aug 26, 12 3:26 PM
Sunshine

Have you been to the lab yet? You get the tool you need out of there.

I was too impatient to wait for an organized group play for syberia II. I bought and started playing it right after I finished the first one Have to say I'm LOVING it!

posted in Syberia II on Aug 26, 12 12:41 PM
Hi lornaovenden! Syberia II is a tradition point and click adventure game. Because of that the navigation and gameplay is very different than the traditional hidden object games we're seeing a lot here.

As far as answering your specific questions...right click to pull up the menu. There should be a how to play section on the main menu. It's worth the time to take to read it.

There are no hint buttons in adventure games. There is a group play that might start up a Syberia II play in a couple of weeks. They're over in the "Adventurous Fish" in Chit Chat Corner. http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200019.page They play as a group so they can help each other out. There is also a different website that offers hints for games instead of walkthroughs. PM me if you're interested.

Also with adventure games, remember to talk to people over and over again. Usually they offer a clue or guidance or help you proceed in the game.

Move your curser around the screen to make sure you can't go right, left, up, down, diagnal, etc...

One end of the platform is the train's robotic engineer and a task which you can accomplish immediately, you can also go into a store from the platform and talk to that guy. Go back onto the train and talk to someone there. And don't forget to talk to the little girl down below, she'll prove to be very helpful.

It might also help to take notes and draw your own map.

Syberia II is a great game. I'm in the middle of playing it right now. But it took me awhile to learn how to play and to appreciate these traditional adventure games.

Hope this helps!

posted in Syberia on Aug 23, 12 5:57 AM
I'm finished. It was a good game. Loved the music especially later in the game. I'll have to purchase Syberia II.

I do have a question though. Since they're splitting up Syberia...Part 1 is apparently valadeline. Part 2 is Berekshtock. Is Part 3 going to be the rest of the game? Or are they doing more than 3 parts. Not that it matters to me but I'm just curious.

Aquatic Where did you hear that there's going to be a Syberia III next year? I thought there wasn't going to be a Syberia III.

Anyway, thanks for everybody's help!

posted in Syberia on Aug 22, 12 4:45 PM
Abiloo
Did you wind up the train with the robot yet? The robot makes two stops. Do that and then go talk to Oscar.

posted in Syberia on Aug 22, 12 11:31 AM
Congrats to Yve and Tide for finishing!

I'm currently wandering around the university trying to figure things out.

posted in Syberia on Aug 21, 12 7:29 PM
Thanks Tide and Aquatic. That helps. Now I'm off to see how annoying Oscar can be!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator