Posts created by kali55

posted in Clutter on Jul 8, 15 10:08 PM
kali55 wrote:
JoeKazz wrote:Hello all:

I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post comments here on Clutter.

All the feedback is much appreciated and I learn from all of it.

If you have specific questions for me, I'll try to answer them here.

I will tell you this much. I am a lone developer and I look nothing like Leon Poncelette. Leon is quite fictional and although he occasionally pontificates a bit too much, my intent was to have him come across as much more humorous than he does.

I can vouch for Leon, and I know that he would never want anyone to get rid of any beloved house pets for instance.

The best I can say about Leon, is that I tried to make it as easy as possible to ignore him if you don't like that kind of stuff. (and it's very nice...that some people seemed to enjoy all the "clutterisms" and other advice he gave).

Thanks again. It means a lot to me that some of you seem to really appreciate some of the choices I made in the design of the game.

Joe

Hi Joe and Anna, A friend of mine and myself are addicted. We have all versions of clutter and are waiting for more. However i do have some complaints like some others. The blurred cutter pages are no good. Not good for people with bad eyesight. The plates cannot be won. I think out of 100 times i won once. And the shadow/flashlight also is a pain.We are hoping to see more Clutter games soon. Thank you for getting me out of housework. Kali

Joe, you mentioned in another post about the Coin puzzles????? What did i miss????
Where?

posted in Clutter on Jul 8, 15 10:03 PM
Masanders wrote:I am really enjoying the game. It is hard to quit playing. I keep telling myself, "Just one more screen and then I MUST get to bed." HA!! That was hours ago.

The mini-games are really unique and challenging. I like the Window Shade puzzles the most and the Clock ones, too, even though the Clock puzzles are extremely maddening. I feel so proud of myself for persevering when I finally solve the puzzle.

I am reading all of the tips to help de-clutter my house (a problem I have long suffered from). And I like the story about Leon and his ancestors, too.
(I think Leon is very attractive, by the way.)

Thank you very much, Joe, for developing such a fun game.

Joe??? The coin puzzles??? What did I miss? kali

posted in Clutter on Jul 8, 15 10:02 PM
Masanders wrote:I am really enjoying the game. It is hard to quit playing. I keep telling myself, "Just one more screen and then I MUST get to bed." HA!! That was hours ago.

The mini-games are really unique and challenging. I like the Window Shade puzzles the most and the Clock ones, too, even though the Clock puzzles are extremely maddening. I feel so proud of myself for persevering when I finally solve the puzzle.

I am reading all of the tips to help de-clutter my house (a problem I have long suffered from). And I like the story about Leon and his ancestors, too.
(I think Leon is very attractive, by the way.)

Thank you very much, Joe, for developing such a fun game.

posted in Clutter on Jul 8, 15 9:57 PM

I will tell you this much. I am a lone developer and I look nothing like Leon Poncelette. Leon is quite fictional and although he occasionally pontificates a bit too much, my intent was to have him come across as much more humorous than he does.

I can vouch for Leon, and I know that he would never want anyone to get rid of any beloved house pets for instance.

The best I can say about Leon, is that I tried to make it as easy as possible to ignore him if you don't like that kind of stuff. (and it's very nice...that some people seemed to enjoy all the "clutterisms" and other advice he gave).

Thanks again. It means a lot to me that some of you seem to really appreciate some of the choices I made in the design of the game.

Joe

Hi Joe and Anna, A friend of mine and myself are addicted. We have all versions of clutter and are waiting for more. However i do have some complaints like some others. The blurred cutter pages are no good. Not good for people with bad eyesight. The plates cannot be won. I think out of 100 times i won once. And the shadow/flashlight also is a pain.We are hoping to see more Clutter games soon. Thank you for getting me out of housework. Kali

posted in Clutter on Dec 28, 14 12:39 PM
Hey Joe, So happy you are here with all of us. Joe, is there a way to stop the hints given by the objects shaking? It can be irritating not to mention many like the challenge of not getting that kind of hint when there are other hints available to use. Thanks so much for work well done. When is clutter five coming out and do you have any other games?
kali

posted in Clutter on Dec 28, 14 12:36 PM

Joe

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Feb 15, 14 5:06 PM
You couldn't have explained it better. Did any of you get and answer or did you just hang it up? I will not do that but it is not beneath me to ask for help. I need the book piece and the Gramophone. I'd like to take a rock and throw it through that periscope. All I can think if is that we did something in the wrong order.

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Feb 15, 14 5:02 PM
Well, it's 2014 ( I think, been playing a long time) and people are still looking for the piece to the book and the gramophone etc. etc. Hello to anyone who is at home and gives a hoot.

posted in Royal Trouble on Feb 15, 14 12:11 PM
Finally on its own Royal trouble began to run. I opened it and held my breath again expecting to have to force the thing shut. But to my amazement within seconds I see the next part of the intro. I've just done a few scenes right now and had a couple of glitches but nothing big as of yet. If it freezes on my then ...i go no further. But isn't that strange? Give it a good nights rest and it's just like a human....it works. As to how functional it will be...time will tell.

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on Feb 15, 14 9:32 AM
surfnboop wrote:My game lets me play but any time I exit out of the game it restarts the game and doesn't save my previous game. I'm tired of restarting the game, I refuse to play it in one single marathon and I've installed it twice. Any ideas how to make it actually save my game so I can start where I've finished and not at the beginning?

Some games will do that if you are not signed into GM. I find that to be the case most of the time.

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on Feb 15, 14 8:18 AM
LadyLark wrote:One small glitch: when the demo ended and went to the book that said "congratulations" with clickable photos, there was no way to exit. I had to force an exit through program manager. Went back in to see if I'd missed something and the same page popped up, only this time it had an "exit" button in the upper left corner. Exited with no problem.

FYI: running Win7, up to date drivers on nvidia graphics card, 8g ram, so not sure what the problem was.

LadyLark...same thing same thing same thing happened to me over and over...well four times. Enough was enough for me and my system. I'm not doing forced shutdowns over a game. I think the Author just forgot to put it into the game. Who knows. Heartbroken again. So now three of the FROGS I got are trashed. BTW how do you find FROG games...there is no catagory for them.

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Feb 15, 14 8:06 AM
BarbaraFish wrote:This game crashed after playing 23 minutes. I was in the presence of the rat king or whatever.. had just found the tarot cards. The game apparently has no auto save so when i started the game up again, i was back at the beginning. Not a good sign. This looks like a no buy for me. A shame because i was enjoying the game.

Pretty much what happened to me last night. Just about that amount of time, but I was still in the first two rooms. Forgot what I was looking for but the screen started jumping wicked. I held my breath and it stopped. Next thing I know it crashed. This is just after finding a problem (does nothing at the splash screen) Royal Trouble. Another problem with one of the snark Busters. I am at the point of blaming this all on the additional advertising that is ruining what was once a really nice user friendly place to hang out and look for amusement. But now all you are doing is dodging banners. If they spent more time on making sure that these games worked verses finding out what games they think we would be interested in because we downloaded a certain game...well then I think things will get back to normal. Why not make a new category...sales....just like community...we go there each day click on it and see what the gig of the day is. I mean we are swamped with it in our email that I will be canceling. In business there is such a thing as advertising
yourself right our of business by turning people away. Sorry but had to say what probably will be deleted. BTW all that night that I was downloading not only newly purchased games but from my purchase history, I had a problem downloading each and every one of them. What used to be such a smooth thing to do has now turned into a nightmare each and every time.

posted in Royal Trouble on Feb 15, 14 7:39 AM
MickyTeddy wrote:I don't get an error message just the opening screen to enter my player name.

I think Big Fish are rushing their games out too quick-(certainly some of the Mac versions)- as so many recently have had problems.
And if you look at review sites there are no problems reported there.

I agree. I downloaded four games in the past day or so and three I had to trash and the other works fine as well as most of my 140+ games do. My computer is always serviced and everything is up to date. Now I have to go through the whole customer support thing all over again. But the worst part of it is that I don't get the games I want because of things like this. Game playing and downloading and installing them is one of the first things that will bring the blue screen of death to a persons computer. When I see a problem with one...trash. I don't want it in my system. Give me a refund or credit and let me go on shopping to try again. The aggravation along with it all stinks in is very upsetting to me as I do not have the use of all my fingers to be typing to people all the time. It's very painful. Slow down BF we all can wait. No one is going anywhere. Check and recheck these games.

posted in Jig Art Quest on Jan 24, 13 10:25 AM
saitta1441 wrote:I have completed all the puzzles thru #16 in spiritual. But #17 will not open. Can anyone help?

Saitta...trust me there is a piece that is not where it belongs. I had mentioned in another post that when you turn the lights out or down and then look at the screen you will see the mistakes. I found that out by accident. lol Hope this helps, because if all of them do not say view above the icon photos then the game will not continue. The fun part comes when you begin to upload your own photos or those from the Internet

posted in Jig Art Quest on Jan 24, 13 9:45 AM
nancymc wrote:Hey--.finished the puzzles this afternoon, kinda hard---however how do you find the rest of their puzzles-I did all 16 0f them-- kinda cheesey if that is all there is to the game.. Nana

Hi Nana, I found that when I finished all the ones in the paths (snow, forest etc, immediately the next pic came up and it was between two of the topics...in the front. After that I went crazy with uploading photos. I went to Google and typed in optical illusion art and abstract art also. WOW! did I ever get some good pics. They have to be sized in paint. Bring the image into paint. Then it will have an image button on top. Open that and you will see size image. Click on that. Then unclick the maintain aspect ratio right under the top horizontal and verticle boxes. .
Make sure you are on pixels. Add to the top box 512 and to the box under it add 384 and save to file. Then upload to the quest. Hope this helps everyone.

posted in Jig Art Quest on Jan 24, 13 8:06 AM
kali55 wrote:Ready to scream..I also am reading through these posts as I love to do because they are so funny when you read them as a different context. However I am also noticing that no one is getting answers to their questions. I wanted to use my own images for Jig Saw Art. I finished for the second time. I can only go up to 20 levels. I don't know if there should have been more levels. So I went to custom files (box is checked) I clicked on *C* and then program files (86) After that it was all BFG titles. I could not get to my folder that I created just for this. I had re-sized photos and made a separate folder. But the Jig Art Quest will not let me do it. I think it is testing my knowledge. Well all I have to say to them is "I know how to upload lol. Is there anyone who knows what I may be doing wrong or could do right?? Thank you and oh...good morning. 3:45 am here in RI. Serpintine there is an option to choose the number of pieces you use. I can't remember where but it is there. I think where you upload. If you leave the normal mode the pieces get smaller.
Figured it out...now just a problem with Patricia's Sun Quest

posted in Patricia's Quest for Sun on Jan 23, 13 3:19 PM
Big big big disappointment. I downloaded Patricia's Sun Quest and when I clicked on Play my whole screen went black with a small box that appeared saying *Not Supported* I tried numerous times to no avail. Each time the same thing happened. I have Jig Art Quest and never had a problem. I tried to uninstall it and had a hard time doing so but succeeded. Also I went back and downloaded again thinking it was a bad install. Nothing....I also lost a credit. But that brings me to another matter. How can I use up my other game credits if I am not allowed to enter the credit myself because there is a credit showing that is available. It would seem to me if I do not use some of these credits I will lose them. I was told the complimentary credits are good for ever. So I am not worried about those. I really am so so disappointed. I liked Jig Art quest so much that I spent one afternoon looking for a similar game and forum PSQ and requested it. Is it something I am doing? I have OS 7 and when I did a second install I saw that the requirements were xp. Half of what I own and download are xp because my system is set for compatibility. Need help. Thanks kali. PS. I just tried to email this complaint/problem and it also says I had the wrong address. So I had no choice but to post. BigFishGames.com is the address I used. Big disappointment. I also saw where mac version is available but where I downloaded it from said specifically windows xp and vista8

posted in Jig Art Quest on Jan 23, 13 2:15 PM
keltica wrote:Wow, I've just downloaded this game, as i just fancied a change of game, I like it but finding it Very Difficult, I'm surprised at theres nobody talking about this game i the forums ... I'm thinking of buying it, as it is difficult , so I think it'll be worth the money ...

Louise

Hi Louise, I'm talking about it lol I did find a few hints that I use. First I pick a row that I want fee puzzle pieces at. Usually I go for the middle row. I click on the puzzle piece that says one and wand it on the middle row. Then I randomly hit squares all around with the *8* puzzle piece, paying close attention to try and stay a few squares from the corners cause they basically are free puzzle pieces. THEN, If I am doing this during the day, I wait till night to turn my computer lights out. That is when all of the mistakes slap you in the behind. All the squares you think you had right....many you will see are wrong. I read how a lot of people say the puzzle will not unlock and I completed the puzzle)s) If they do this method they will see that there is a piece here and there that is wrong. Last night I also began uploading my own pics after I figured it out. Not a hard thing to do. But I did need someone else to walk through it with me. Also I liked this game so much I went on a search for a similar game and came up with Patricia's Sun Quest. Hope this helps in your puzzling OH...this is the hardest puzzle I have ever done. Also when you upload your own pics there is only 3 free puzzle pieces and not many of the other one. So pay close attention to your pic.

posted in Jig Art Quest on Jan 22, 13 10:59 PM
Ready to scream..I also am reading through these posts as I love to do because they are so funny when you read them as a different context. However I am also noticing that no one is getting answers to their questions. I wanted to use my own images for Jig Saw Art. I finished for the second time. I can only go up to 20 levels. I don't know if there should have been more levels. So I went to custom files (box is checked) I clicked on *C* and then program files (86) After that it was all BFG titles. I could not get to my folder that I created just for this. I had re-sized photos and made a separate folder. But the Jig Art Quest will not let me do it. I think it is testing my knowledge. Well all I have to say to them is "I know how to upload lol. Is there anyone who knows what I may be doing wrong or could do right?? Thank you and oh...good morning. 3:45 am here in RI. Serpintine there is an option to choose the number of pieces you use. I can't remember where but it is there. I think where you upload. If you leave the normal mode the pieces get smaller.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Jan 20, 13 12:01 PM
I'm officially a BFG Nut Case. Last night die to a minor slow night I was playing parables: Exile..... Anyway, I had been having some problems but they cleared up till around 11:00 pm when I came back to play again. This time everything was working fine until I went to put the crown on the frogs head. Uh uh,...So I thought there was a different or certain way to do it. So I fiddled around with it. Finally I moved onto something else. AAAH! I went back into the cave and collected something. I went to where the hint button referenced to go. Tried placing the darn object and could not do it. So I tried another and yet another just so I knew it wasn't me. So back to parables again to get that frog crowned once and for all. I really enjoy reading these posts from beginning to end because they are so funny when you read them.
kal

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator