Posts created by BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 14 12:05 PM
Fishes-

This is a Glitch. I saw this soon after the Game was released, but no repair has ever been released. Nor do I expect one to be because this does not affect Game Play. But you do not receive a Pop-Up in the Cemetery after you’ve placed the Tiara and Necklace. If you check the Collections, then you can see what the Pop-Up is supposed to say for this; you just don’t receive it. But I do think this is a great Game, in spite of this small anomaly.

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 14 2:21 PM
loniedoone-

You have my most humble apologies. I have discovered that as the years have passed, I seem to have problems tpying … er … typping … oh, the heck with it.

And having seen all three of the endings, I think I’ll take a day or so to try and decide which ending I prefer. At this point, I think I’m leaning toward the Sword ending; but that may change.

Again, I do apologize.

Happy Gaming!

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 7:45 PM
looniedoone-

Only because this Developer is my Favorite Developer and only because this Series is my Favorite Series from this Developer, I think I can provide some assistance.

Dark Parables - Curse of Briar Rose CE 03-11-2010
Dark Parables - The Exiled Prince CE 02-24-2011
Macabre Mysteries - Curse of the Nightingale CE 07-28-2011
Dark Parables - Rise of the Snow Queen CE 12-01-2011
Fabled Legends - The Dark Piper CE 05-10-2012
Dark Parables - The Red Riding Hood Sisters CE 09-20-2012
Enchantia - Wrath of the Phoenix Queen CE 02-14-2013
Dark Parables - The Final Cinderella CE 05-23-2013
Cursery - The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat CE 11-09-2013
Dark Parables - Jack and the Sky Kingdom CE 02-06-2014

This list includes Other Games from this Developer; but you should be able to see that they release a New Game about every five months to seven months or so. And this is far too long between Games for my taste.

And I will admit that I enjoy these Games so much that I have played them all a bit too many times. How many times is too many times? Well, try fifty times per Game, and you might be close. Am I crazy? Um, what was the question again? I’d like to select a vowel, please; can I have an “X”?

So, since I’ve played these a few times, I’ll ask a nice Trivia question for all who might have the entire Series: What Gender is the Detective?

If you have the Very First Dark Parables Game and it’s the CE Version, then Read the Novels Section, especially the Section on the Dark Parables Version of the Story. You’ll find the answer to this Trivia Question in there.

Want another? Who was the Brother of the Prince who kissed Briar Rose? This is answered in the Bonus Section of the Curse of Briar Rose.

I’ll try to keep an eye on this section to see if anyone is interested. But I may be a bit busy now that My Favorite Developer—Blue Tea Games—has finally release a New Dark Parables Game. And I have waited so long for this Game.

Happy Gaming to All!

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 14 1:12 PM
MooeyG-

The question that you’re asking is one that’s been asked since this Game was First Released, which is just about Four Years Ago. And because of this question—believe me: EVERYONE asks this question—Blue Tea Games changed the way that Future Games Hinted at the next Game in this Series.

You don’t need the Pick Axe to open that Golden Door, which is at the bottom of the Well. To open this Door, you have to Finish the Game. Then, if you start a New Game under the Same Profile, you will automatically have the Golden Rose in Inventory; and this Golden Rose is what will open that Golden Door at the Bottom of the Well.

You might want to wander through previous questions posted for this Game because you’ll see what I mean about this question when you discover all of the posts, which are about the same issue. While the idea was new and different, boy, did it create a lot of questions.

I do hope this helps you, and Happy Gaming!

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella on Feb 4, 14 7:30 PM
addfox2-

You need to locate Two Disks: A Silver Disk, which you’ll discover after you complete the Painting Puzzle on the Balcony; and a Gold Disk, which is in the Room behind the Locked Door, which is at the Top-Right of the Stairs in the Grand Hall.

Once you have Both of the Disks, then place them onto the Mirror to Activate the Portal. And when you activate the Portal, be sure you have a change of shorts handy. Well, it got me!

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince on Feb 4, 14 7:19 PM
peachlizard-

If I had to guess, I'd guess you’re missing the Gorse Potion, which is the Plant Potion that everybody seems to miss. It’s sitting on the Table beneath the Portrait of Cinderella in the Room with that Fantastic Coach.

-BlackDark

Yo a-

I do hope you have the Broom, which you can obtain at the bottom of the Well; tie the Rope to the Well to be able to climb down into the Well if you don’t have the Broom. The Room beyond the Rather LARGE Spider is the Kitchen. And the Servants Quarters is the Room just beyond the Kitchen. Use the Broom at the foot of the Bed on your Left in the Servants Quarters to discover the Star Rose Disk.

You'll use the Rose in the Cemetary after you discover the Secret Entrance to the Resting Place of Briar Rose.

-Black Dark

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Feb 4, 14 7:08 PM
MunchkinKat-

Sorry, but I didn’t see this until today. I think the CE’s are worth every penny, but others do not feel the same way. I have all of the Games from Blue Tea Game, and I have always purchased the CE Version. But then, Blue Tea Games is our favorite Developer of Games. In the case of the Dark Parables Series, I think the CE’s add just enough extra information or fun to make the extra price worth the purchase. With that said, I would also look for a CE sale if money was tight.

I do hope this helps you.

-Black Dark

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Jan 22, 14 1:33 PM
sandiemac-

Actually, almost any Series can be played from any Game in the Series; you don’t have to start at the beginning to experience a Series.

As for the Dark Parables Series, the Games arrived in this Order:

Curse of Briar Rose
The Exiled Prince
The Rise of the Snow Queen
The Red Riding Hood Sisters
The Final Cinderella

I have all of these Games; and I recommend the Collector’s Edition, if you can.

BlackDark

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 16, 13 10:38 AM
LoriBee62-

When you start this Game, you should begin at what I call the Main Menu Screen. The Second Icon from the Top on the Left is: Achievements. Click on the Beautifully Wrapped Christmas Presents to see what is required for Each Achievement. There are a Total of Ten Achievements.

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince on Dec 3, 13 7:41 AM
Demaries-

The Evidence is behind that Gear Puzzle, which is on the Wall on your Left. You have to Solve the Gear Puzzle to uncover the Evidence. And I see you’re playing on Hard Mode. So, just in case you might wish some assistance (highlight to read, and this is directly from the Big Fish Walkthrough) SPOILER:

Gears are lettered as follows:
A
B C D

Click on each gear until the correct image forms on top.
Clicking on the red button stops that gear from moving.
Click on the gear itself to make that gear and any gear attached to it rotate.
Follow the instructions below to solve the puzzle.
Click on the Red button C and rotate GEAR B once.
Press Red button B and rotate GEAR C once and GEAR A once.
Press Red button C and rotate GEAR A twice.
Release the Red Button C and rotate GEAR C once.
Press Red button D and rotate GEAR C 3 times.
Click on the BLUEPRINT EVIDENCE (E) after the puzzle has been solved.

SPOILER END

-BlackDark

bam4734-

The Telescope Connector is easily missed because it appears to be a Gear of some kind. It’s on the wall beneath and to the right of that Giant Wolf’s Head, which is above the Door to Eldra’s Bedroom in the Hallway, which is up those Stairs from the Grand Hall.

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 13 9:05 AM
bellsanddominoes-

To actually begin the Bonus Game, you click on the Bonus Game Icon from the Main Menu Screen. Then you click on the Play Button from the Bonus Game Screen. This should take you into a Room that looks suspiciously like that Room, which is behind the Frog Door, which is in those Caves beneath that Cottage in the Forest. However, there is no Secret Tree Disk over on the Floor on your Right.

And now, all you have to do is to click on that Ice-Covered Back-Wall in this Room. When you do this, then a Cut Scene begins; and the Spirit of the Exiled Prince shows up to provide you the assistance you need to be able to pass that Ice-Covered wall.

-BlackDark

Disbeliever-

There is One Puzzle in the Regular Game in the Prison that has Spiders in it. You have several Coins, and you must flip them all over to show Skulls. Of course, flipping one Coin also flips others. The Coins themselves have a Skull on one side, and a Spider on the other. This Puzzle can be Skipped after a few minutes.

If you cover the Screen or have someone else Skip this Puzzle for you, then you might be able to get through this Scene. This is the only incidence of Spiders I have seen in the Regular Game; and I’ve been through it twice, so far. Heading into the Bonus Game now, and I’ll report on any Spiders I see in that Game as soon as I complete it.

I have taken a look at every screenshot in the Strategy Guide for the Bonus Game, and I see no Spiders; so, you may be in luck with this Game.

The Final Decision is yours, of course; but I do think this is worth playing.

Best of Luck to you!

-BlackDark

Fishes-

Valdy! I miss your Reviews, Amigo; I really do. And I agree with all that you’ve written. As for the Noise of the Crows: I once lived next to a Railroad Track. And whenever a friend would visit me, after a few minutes, they would yell—you had to yell to be heard—HOW CAN YOU STAND THE NOISE? And I would always look at my friend with a great frown, and say, “What noise?” It took me four days to become acclimatized to the incessant Train Whistles. I would imagine if I played this Game long enough, I’d no longer hear the cawing of those Crows. I was going to resolve the Cawing in my own clever way, and I remember I asked my Better Half if we had any Bird Shot for my twelve-gauge because I felt the Number Four Buck that I usually keep loaded to be a bit unsporting for simple Crows. She looked at me for a long moment before she stated, “You do realize you’ll have to buy a new Monitor, don’t you?” Darn! So, I gave up on my original plan, and I turned the volume down on my headphones. She did wake me up last night, saying I was cawing in my sleep.

As for the Lock on the Hint Meter if you Skip a Puzzle: BTG has done this since the very First Dark Parables Game. But if you locate a Morphing Object and your Hint meter is Locked, then the Morphing Object will unlock your Hint Meter. IMHO this was the original purpose of Morphing Objects.

I’ve always loved Games from those who like their Tea Blue; and I find the Graphics in this Game to be as I would expect on my Computer, which runs XP Pro. I find far more puzzles than I prefer and far less FROGS that I would like to have seen. Oh, well. I realize that there are those who absolutely love the number of Puzzles to be found in this Game.

As for Achievements, if you do not Skip any Puzzles—the Solutions are in the Strategy Guide—and you do not utilize Hints, then you should receive almost all of the Achievements. You do have to discover all of the Morphing Objects; but their Locations, too, are listed in the Strategy Guide.

As for the Story Line: The Title is “Cursery”, not “Nursery”; so, expect liberties to be taken with the Basic Story of the Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat.

Game length should run between four to six hours, not including the Bonus Game, depending upon how long you chose to stop and admire the Graphics throughout this Game.

All things considered, I recommend this Game. But then, I AM prejudiced in favor of BTG.

-BlackDark

Fishes-

In all previous Game from Blue Tea Games, if you click on the Bonus Game Icon on the Main Menu Screen before you’ve completed the Regular Game, then you’ll see a few Screens from the Bonus Game. In this Game, however, the Screens I’m seeing are from the Bonus Game, which was at the End of the Red Riding Hood Sisters, the Boy Who Cried Wolf. Is anyone else seeing this same anomaly? To me, this indicates a large miss on the part of the QA Group.

On the positive side, this does not seem to affect Game Play; and this is from my Favorite Developer; so, I'm wondering if anyone else sees these same Screens off of the Bonus Icon?

-BlackDark

posted in Mayan Prophecies: Cursed Island Collector's Edition on Oct 28, 13 11:45 AM
Fishes-

I've started a New Topic on this Interesting Issue because most of us don't want to read all the way through all of the Technical Issues.

I have played this Game “Mayan Prophecies – Cursed Island CE” near ten times—so far—and I've seen my Map and my Journal suddenly become inaccessible at least once in each Game. And this is a really weird feeling because the Map and the Journal simply won't open. However, if I move back one Scene, then the Map and the Journal begin to work properly again. Sometimes, I've had to move two Scenes back to get them to behave again.

From what I can see, this seems to be related to more than one action at a time occurring on the Screen at the same time. I find the Beyond Object and before the Notice disappears from the Screen, I catch the Hummingbird; and the Map and the Journal always seem to take a Vacation right about then. If I had to guess, I'd guess this was a nasty timing-bug. And if it is a timing-bug, then the chances of it being corrected are about the same as the chance of our Sun selling snow cones in August.

Since I've seen this more than once and I've also seen an entry from another who this happened to, I have to believe it’s happening to others.

I do hope this helps someone.

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition on Oct 28, 13 11:24 AM
Haberyan-

What good eyes you have. And yes, that does appear to be the Mist Kingdom Sign on that Axe.

And their next Game, “Cursory Tales” will be out in a couple of weeks, and the next Dark Parables will be out in the First Quarter of next year. Don’t know about you, but I am SO ready for a New Blue Tea Game.

Happy Gaming!

-BlackDark

posted in Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 13 10:15 AM
Fishes-

I created this new Topic because not everyone reads all of the Technical Comments.

If you have that Notification on your Map that there is something for you to accomplish in the Armory and you cannot discover ANYTHING that you can accomplish, I saw this exact same issue over this past weekend. I went just about nuts, trying to figure out what the heck the Game was saying I still had to do in the Armory.

In the Armory—after you've received the Code from the Captain’s Cabin—you'll discover a Fuse for that Cannonball, which you need to turn into a Bomb. And right under that Fuse is a Piece of Paper that shows you the Instructions on how to prepare the Cannonball; this Piece of Paper will go into your Journal if you find it. And as soon as I picked up that Piece of Paper, then the Notification for something to do in the Armory disappeared from my Map. The Piece of Paper is quite small, and it is rather hard to discover. Yeah; I know. I am fluent in Two Languages: Engrish [sic] and Profane. Guess which Language I used to comment on this Wonderful Piece of Paper when I finally found it? Go on; guess. Aw, you guessed.

I do hope this helps.

-BlackDark

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Oct 16, 13 4:52 AM
jante256-

The Rope is obtained in the Prison. If you have opened the three Prison Cell Doors, then click on the Hanging Mannequin, which is in the Middle Cell. The Mannequin will drop to the floor, and the Rope is added to your Inventory.

-BlackDark

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator