Posts created by Koalanut

posted in Alabama Smith: Escape from Pompeii on Dec 1, 08 6:28 AM
(little prayer goes up for ghost......... )

Hope that laptop gets there soon! I was without mine twice this summer. I felt like something was taken from me, watching everyday for FedEx to deliver it back to me!

posted in Alabama Smith: Escape from Pompeii on Dec 1, 08 6:16 AM
Celeryhart wrote:Ya Koalanut.... these gamers are going to have to step up their games challenge and length if they want us to buy them.... Any games between the likes of Mushroom Age ( for example but there are others too ) and RTR........ are the only ones I"d be bothered with anymore...

Well guess I"ll go play RTR for a third time.... that is one fabulous game.. !!

Exactly! The good interactive ones like Mushroom Age and others have raised the bar and RTR put it through the roof! The competition is good and hopefully we will get more good ones. I think it is a win-win for everyone.

I have a couple of HOG's to finish, but I am itching to go back to RTR!

posted in Alabama Smith: Escape from Pompeii on Dec 1, 08 6:02 AM
I agree Celeryhart. I played the demo, took a peek at the length of the walkthrough at Gamezebo and realized that after 45 minutes of demo, I was approaching halfway through the walkthrough. And you are totally right Celeryhart, after RTR, this game just didn't interest me that much. It would be a good game if you haven't played HOG yet or maybe just a little bit.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 26, 08 11:26 AM
Thanks BFG, this game was well worth the wait. I love the almost non-linear feel about it. You can work on several different things and not get stuck with just one thing to do. I am sure at some point there will be a puzzle that must be completed to progress the game, but right now I am wandering around outside the mansion and a little in the mansion just as if I was there trying to figure this out, doing a little of this and a little of that, matching objects here and there. I love the "adventure" feel to it and the hidden objects that can be used. The story really draws you in and the music is great! I have played about a hour and a half and have to tear myself away to do preps for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to send a great big thanks for the quality of this game.

One question.....I did look at the more list on the lower right of the first screen and it lists Millionheir like it is after RTR. Does that mean that Millionheir will be a pc game eventually? That would be great! I am not sure I would buy a DS as I have tried it and can't work it so well.
Thanks BFG!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 26, 08 6:45 AM
I love it, I love it!!!!

It is sorta like an adventure cause you can wander around and do various things and hidden objects help in inventory. There is still the classic HOG part of it and NO timer!!!!! I think if you click too much, the cursor starts swirling around, but that is fine, that is my fault for clicking too much. There is a unlimited hint with a meter that runs a little slow, but I find things that I thought I couldn't find while waiting.

I love the graphics and the music. The little comments are great, puts some humor in it and balances the creepy feel. I love wandering around looking for the next puzzle or clue and the journel is great with help too. I really felt like I was there trying to solve this.

BFG, thanks for such a quality game, well worth the wait!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 26, 08 6:23 AM
Thanks BFG, this game was well worth the wait. I love the almost non-linear feel about it. You can work on several different things and not get stuck with just one thing to do. I am sure at some point there will be a puzzle that must be completed to progress the game, but right now I am wandering around outside the mansion and a little in the mansion just as if I was there trying to figure this out, doing a little of this and a little of that, matching objects here and there. I love the "adventure" feel to it and the hidden objects that can be used. The story really draws you in and the music is great! I have played about a hour and a half and have to tear myself away to do preps for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to send a great big thanks for the quality of this game.

One question.....I did look at the more list on the lower right of the first screen and it lists Millionheir like it is after RTR. Does that mean that Millionheir will be a pc game eventually? That would be great! I am not sure I would buy a DS as I have tried it and can't work it so well.

Thanks BFG!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 25, 08 3:24 PM
Thanks Flounder and Erie!

It's a great birthday present for my husband. Think of all the enjoyment he will get watching me play it!
No really, he can't wait for the game to be available, so I will not be discussing it day and night!

Can't wait, can't wait!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 25, 08 3:03 PM
No really, I am the gamer. He has heard so much about this game and I have been teasing him that he is getting it for his birthday. Really, I will be cleaning for Thanksgiving company and we will go out tomorrow to celebrate his birthday in the evening. I will be downloading while I am cleaning tomorrow for sure!

He does help when I start the "WHERE IS THAT ______??????" loudly. He loves the match three type, and my daughter loves the TM. Nice healthy balance here....

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 25, 08 2:55 PM
Afternoon, almost good evening here to you ghost. Don't know what my family is going to do without me fixing up the Thanksgiving and birthday things, uuuhhhmmm, I mean, my husband is sure going to be busy playing that game tomorrow

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 25, 08 2:50 PM
Tomorrow is my husband's birthday so I, I mean HE gets to download the game first, right?

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses on Nov 23, 08 8:29 PM
I love the new dossier games. The more Nancy Drew the better. I like both types of games!

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 12, 08 2:22 PM
Just finished it and didn't think it was that short. I really loved it and it is well worth the $6.99!

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 12, 08 9:06 AM
ChristinaF wrote:
Koalanut wrote:
Woofie53 wrote:When you uninstall and reinstall the game, do you continue where you left off, or do you have to start all over again?

Thanks!!

I am wondering the same thing. I am starting the underwater part and not sure how close that is to the end. I am afraid to reinstall and then I would have to start all over, although it is a lot of fun.

When I uninstalled and then reinstalled the new build of the game, I did NOT have to start over. My data file (i.e., saved game status) was saved and retained even though I deleted the game. I have found this to be true with almost any of the games I download as well as the ones I purchase retail. So go ahead and get the new build without worry. I haven't finished the game yet, so I can't speak to whether the new build actually fixed the end-game problem. But I trust Big Fish to release a working game build or patch.

Cheers!

Thanks Christina!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled and no progress lost. Thanks for the help!

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 11, 08 5:09 PM
Woofie53 wrote:When you uninstall and reinstall the game, do you continue where you left off, or do you have to start all over again?

Thanks!!

I am wondering the same thing. I am starting the underwater part and not sure how close that is to the end. I am afraid to reinstall and then I would have to start all over, although it is a lot of fun.

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 11, 08 10:53 AM

Thanks bfgaegean! Haven't reached the end yet, but glad to know that the fix is already there!

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 11, 08 7:31 AM
I love the game. Love the ability to click away and find the objects without penalty. There is a hint button that recharges and even a skip on some of the puzzles. I have used hints on the tiny things like nails, but not the skip button. It is really a lot of fun! I have gotten up to the River Island.

posted in The Color of Murder on Nov 11, 08 7:25 AM
Although I haven't started this one, I have played and loved all the other Carol Reed games. There are so many adventure games and many many good ones. The Adventure Company has an "Adventure Collection" with 5 games in it that are pretty good. And there are some excellent sites to find out info about them, reviews and walkthroughs and such.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia on Nov 10, 08 2:49 PM

Congrats on finishing! I loved this game too. Hope we see a sequel soone!

prpldva, Thanks!

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 10, 08 8:51 AM
Janadott wrote:Is it just me, or does this game seem to move in slow motion....................slow as all get out on here with vista...anyone else having this problem?

I am downloading Treasure after reading some of the posts here about it. I had the same type of problem with Azada 2 on Vista. Ran slow and cursor floated all over. I am going to play it this afternoon and see if it does the same on mine. Contact tech support, they helped me many times.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia on Nov 10, 08 8:29 AM
whitedog2 wrote:finished the game.loved it.only problem,its to short

I finished it yesterday, it was a tad on the short side, but it was fun!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator