Posts created by LoriW

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Feb 10, 10 5:12 PM
I really liked the sneaky peek they gave you of the next game. Very funny and entertaining. Can't wait for it to come out.

I bought Dire Grove CE for the MCF secrets including a sneaky peek at the next game but was really disappointed at what was in the secret room.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 10, 10 5:03 PM
Haven't finished the game yet and haven't played the collector's edition but the differences I have heard about are:

access to an in-game strategy guide
you can download the soundtrack
you can replay the hidden object scenes and puzzles
you can replay the cut scenes

I have seen the CE being advertised as having additional hidden object scenes but the feedback from the fish here is that it's just the ability to replay the scenes.

Mostly these CEs seem to have extras I am not interested in such as wallpapers, music to download and the ability to see/play scenes again (you can always just replay the whole game). Also there are a lot of games out there with no CE edition that still give these type of extras.

The in-game startegy guide means that you don't necessarily have to come out of the game if you are stuck to look at the forum or the walkthrough. However, I don't feel this is worth paying nearly 3 times the price of the regular edition as you can get access to help if you have the regular edition and if you look at the forum for the CE there are still plenty of people asking for help there even though they have the strategy guide.

It seems that what you are really paying for is the chance to play the game a few weeks earlier than those who want to buy the regular edition.

posted in Build-a-lot 3: Passport to Europe on Feb 10, 10 3:45 PM
If you take a look through this forum you will find at least 2 threads with suggested solutions to this level.

Can't remember exactly what I did but some tips are:

sell quite a few buildings in the beginning to raise the funds needed to have the resources to build chateaus

build the workshop quickly and purchase the efficiency training and at least 4 workers as soon as possible

build the sawmill for cheaper wood

build a chateau as soon as possible - then either sell it right away if you are low on cash/materials or upgrade it to 3 stars and then sell it to

build, upgrade, sell/rent as many chateaus as you can to get cash

remember to inspect all houses so you don't have to keep repairing

build a bank so that you get extra money and then (if needed) demolish it later so you can build something you do without having to buy another house and raise your approval rating

don't bother painting/landscaping if it is not needed - I find it wastes time and resources and doesn't generate that much more income

if landscaping needed on only a few properties - build garden centre and when you have landscaped the relevant properties demolish the garden centre - again so that something needed can be built that you do need

in the later levels I didn't build any services unless asked to as there wasn't room to build what you needed to, sell properties (sometimes you need to own all lots to build what is needed) and have services

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 9, 10 1:14 PM
I think it's in Junk Alley (not sure if that's the right name). The area where the shop is with the armour and the book puzzle. Outside in the bottom right corner you will find a wooden spoon.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 8, 10 3:23 PM
If you have just done the bit about the cannonball and the bellows then you are not yet at the bit where you get the telescope from the cat.

You need to get the 3 items listed - sailors hat, job poster and pipe (I think) - when you have these the game will move forward and you will be able to access other areas.

If you are still stuck check out the walkthrough available on the Collectors Edition forum.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 8, 10 3:14 PM
You will get a fish as a reward for solving one of the hidden object screens.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 8, 10 3:11 PM
The building with the armour and the book puzzle has a pirate flag. You need to cut the flag and that gives you the cloth.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Feb 7, 10 6:16 PM
I had to do the tower puzzle 3 times before I got the end scenes. So maybe try a few more times and then contact Customer Support if it still doesn't work.

posted in Virtual Farm on Jan 22, 10 12:58 PM
No, it's not like Virtual Villagers. It's more like Alice Greenfingers.

posted in Dracula Origin on Jan 13, 10 1:27 PM
Where you met the priest is not where the museum is. The museum is by the camels.

posted in Dream Day Wedding: Viva Las Vegas on Jan 7, 10 3:24 PM
I'm sure it's on a vase that's sat on the centre table.

You need to get the key to the locked toolbox (in the garage) from the safe in the office. The wire cutters are in the toolbox.

posted in Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box on Oct 25, 09 6:30 PM
There is a walkthrough. It was posted in late September and is one of the first threads.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Oct 25, 09 8:09 AM
For all those who don't understand the demo versions for large file games.

Previously you got a full hours demo for average size games and no demo version at all for large file games. Meaning that until you bought a large file game you had no way of knowing if you would like playing it or whether you would have problems playing the game on your computer.

Big Fish are now offering a demo version of some of the new large file games. As it is a large file you don't downoad all of the game for the trial instead you get to download a section of it. After you have completed the section you can go no further even if you have not played for the full hour as you don't have the rest of the game downloaded but you can replay that section over again until the demo time is up. This lets you get a taste of what the game is like.

By doing this Big Fish are not trying to short change anyone or completely changing the system - you can still get the full hours demo play for all average size games. They are just trying to give players who may like the look of a large file game a way of trying the game out before they purchase.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 31, 09 5:19 PM
If this is how to open the bible with the combination lock then you need to put the paper with the bible verse in the dark space beside the bible.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 31, 09 5:16 PM
The sword is located in the painting. The man is holding it.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 31, 09 5:15 PM
You need the scrap of paper with the bible verse on it - found in another room. When you open the bible you need to put the paper in the blank space next to it and then use the chapter and verse numbers for the combination.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 28, 09 6:25 PM
You need to ensure that when you have the match you click on the fuse at the top of the cannon - not the cannon itself.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 28, 09 6:19 PM
To open the drawer you need to use the fang necklace and then the rabbits paw.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 28, 09 6:14 PM
I didn't use the 2 runes to find the third. Each time I found a rune I put it on the chest. My last rune was found in the drawers using the fang necklace and the rabbits paw.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator