Posts created by dochran

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 11 6:31 PM
Wow... I'm definitely feeling like I missed something, because I found the game to be kind of on the boring side.

The graphics, while clear enough, were washed out and dreary, providing absolutely no visual stimulation. The premise is interesting enough, but the pace of the story left me yawning.

To me, it just an "okay" HOG with a bit of interaction. Not horrible, mind you, but as a CE? Nope. This is more of a DD, on a day when I don't have any paint to watch dry.

posted in Treasure Hunters on Mar 18, 11 12:32 PM
Only one word is really needed to describe this one: Pathetic.

I'm sorry BFG, but really?? I can get past the graphics, even though I didn't even need the list of items to select the ones that were "hidden", because they were so obviously not an integral part of the scene. (Actually, considering the name that the developers called some of these items, it was probably easier that way.)

I get that not all game developers have English as a first language, but if a game is to be released in an English-speaking country, at least take the time to have someone make sure that the game text translates somewhat. When the list asks for a "T-Connection" and I am expected to select a power strip, it certainly doesn't enhance the enjoyment of game play.

My real problem with this fiasco of a "game" is that it wasn't a game at all, because all the user needs to do is click where they are told (not given any chance to do otherwise, anyway). I don't consider exercising my mouse a game, frankly.

I would really like to know more about the BFG marketing strategy that pushes $6.99 games to customers, but then makes most of the games worth playing "Collectors Editions". The other thing I've seen in the last few months is that SE games are shorter and shorter. This all reminds me of the half-gallon of ice cream, which is suddenly 1.5 liters. It feels like one more company that thinks the public is too stupid to recognize that they are getting less value for their money.

No buy and a thumbs down to both the game and BFG.

posted in Treasure Hunters on Mar 13, 11 11:00 AM
Only one word is really needed to describe this one: Pathetic.

I'm sorry BFG, but really?? I can get past the graphics, even though I didn't even need the list of items to select the ones that were "hidden", because they were so obviously not an integral part of the scene. (Actually, considering the name that the developers called some of these items, it was probably easier that way.)

I get that not all game developers have English as a first language, but if a game is to be released in an English-speaking country, at least take the time to have someone make sure that the game text translates somewhat. When the list asks for a "T-Connection" and I am expected to select a power strip, it certainly doesn't enhance the enjoyment of game play.

My real problem with this fiasco of a "game" is that it wasn't a game at all, because all the user needs to do is click where they are told (not given any chance to do otherwise, anyway). I don't consider exercising my mouse a game, frankly.

I would really like to know more about the BFG marketing strategy that pushes $6.99 games to customers, but then makes most of the games worth playing "Collectors Editions". The other thing I've seen in the last few months is that SE games are shorter and shorter. This all reminds me of the half-gallon of ice cream, which is suddenly 1.5 liters. It feels like one more company that thinks the public is too stupid to recognize that they are getting less value for their money.

No buy and a thumbs down to both the game and BFG.

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Mar 6, 11 3:55 PM
Relax, Folks... the contrast on a laptop is usually a key combination (ie, on my Dell, it is the function key and the "up" or "down" button.) Check your manual (you can find it on line), or just really LOOK at your keyboard. The function keys often have print color that is different than your "normal" keys.

For future reference, you can't just change your contrast "for the game".

Good Luck.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator