Posts created by Sheerija

posted in Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends on Sep 7, 12 11:47 PM
If you look closely at the uneven edges of the top of the picture, you will see small grey dots all the way along. Click the scissors on each one.

posted in Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends on Sep 7, 12 10:57 AM
Sorry Dobbie and Valdy. Been out and just got back. Thanks for the answers. Can't get round to the game right now, but just wanted to acknowledge the help.

posted in Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends on Sep 7, 12 5:14 AM
I understand that I have to use the magic lamp on them and that they have to paired, but I'be been running around that dang cemtery, pairing, for yonks, and am achieving nothing. Is there something else I am supposed to be doing?

posted in Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends on Sep 7, 12 4:25 AM
Bit of an oddity, this one. Not sure what to make of it, but I bought it so that I could find out. The opening cut scene was awesome, with some of the best graphics I have ever seen. But after that it all changed. The graphics became rather wishy-washy. I do, however, really like the story. It's not original, initially, but it doesn't give much away, which makes it interesting and has me wanting to find out more.

Someone wrote that the format harks back to earlier days and is rather old-fashioned. I don't have a problem with old-fashioned, but I do rather wish it didn't have that side-scroll aspect to it. It's rather annoying.

I don't much like the HOS either. Many of them one is not able to complete because they need items which are not in the inventory. Problem with that is, those needed items are in different locations and when I find one, I cannot remember where the HOS is that I need to use it in.

There is a jump map, but i also have a problem with that, as it only indicates where there are objectives to achieve, but does not differentiate between presently doable things and things you don't yet have an item for.

If it wasn't for the extremely helpful hint button, this game would, for me, be unplayable, in that I have a problem with wandering around like a lost soul from location to location, hoping to hit on one I can do something in.

The other thing that irks me is that the cursor changes to a hand, both when there is something to do and when there is just useless information, like "What a lot of books there are here." Well, yeah, it's a library. That happens quite a lot. I think it's an attempt to make the game more interesting, but it fails. It's just pointless.

Anyway, as I said I have bought it and after completion, I will have a clearer iidea of what my overall impressions of it really are.

In conclusion, this is not a terrible game, it just could have been done better.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

REVIEW OF COMPLETED GAME
This is a good solid game. It is well thought out and put together and they have honed the mechanics to perfection. The graphics are a little monotonous - nothing remarkable to look at throughout, but they are acceptable.

It has a good story, very interesting indeed, and keeps you well informed all the way, as to what is happening and how it is all piecing together. The ending is quite a mind-blower. Something I was not expecting at all. It had quite an impact on me. They have not used any of the usual puzzles that are so recurring in other games, and that's refreshing. The HOS are well done and interactive and I quite enjoyed them because there's not an over-abundance.

However, there is just something lacking about it. It does not have the wow factor and the fun factor is quite minor. I would expect a game of this quality to pack more of a punch and it didn't do that for me.

There are badges to collect for which the reward is unlimited HO mode. I do not consider that much of a reward. To earn hints you must collect all the dreamcatchers. These are very useful as they lead you through the locations to the one you need and show you where and what to use for it.

It is a very fair length at 6 hrs all inclusive and the BC is a good one. It is after the BC that the suprise ending comes, so I don't know how that will work out for the SE.

I found it worth playing, but it has to be taken in the spirit it was intended, in that it is different. That difference will be appreciated by some and not so much by others, given what I've been reading. If they could have incorporated a little more flair and excitement into it, it would have been much better received.

Nice workmanship, devs, but just a little on the dull side.

This game has a very different feel to it than what we are used to in this genre. Fundamentally, it's the same principle but there's no mistaking the unusual way they have set it up. I'm still in two minds as to whether I like it or not, but I'm looking forward to finding out. Great widescreen. It's very well done and plays very well - quick and easy. The graphics are nicely done and the HOS are interactive. While there is still the same old supernatural element there, it is more like a whodunnit. She's psychic, rather than subject to witches and demons etc.

I'm not very happy having limited hints, but it seems there are a lot of dreamcatchers available to boost the number, so that may not be much of a drawback. I have not used any of mine yet, as the SG, which is also of a different design, is of much more help. The screen moves from side to side when I place my cursor at the edges and I don't know why, as it doesn't serve any purpose that I can see.

I cannot remember what their last game was, but I'm sure it wasn't like this or I would remember. Seems they're trying something new.

It is a little daunting at first and I felt a little out of my depths, but I think that's the brains' normal reaction to something unfamiliar. I was just getting into it when the demo ended, so I'll just have to see how it goes.

What a contrary species we are. I'm always wishing for something different, then when I get it, my mind goes "Hey, what's this? This isn't how this is supposed to be."

posted in Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring on Sep 2, 12 6:57 AM
It took me 4 hrs and I am an average speed player. If you are really fast you may be disappointed. But I wasn't. I loved it.

posted in Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring on Sep 2, 12 6:54 AM
REVIEW OF COMPLETED GAME
Excellent game from these - first timers? If they are, they really get it. Everything is done right and it plays like silk. At first I didn't think much of the graphics and I still think they could be a little better. But very soon that did not matter because it's so well thought out and executed. There was one sticky moment at the end when it went a little haywire, but it did not last long.

It has an excellent SG in the hint button, so never needed the WT. Skip is fast, but the puzzles were mostly very doable for me, for a change. Nice little plot - brother against brother. Even though is has a dark theme, they still managed to keep it light and airy. No mean feat. Music was passable. The HOS were really good and interactive as well.

I spent 4 hours on it and enjoyed it immensely. It has humour, the fun factor, creativity and is an all round jolly good play.

Well done, devs. Keep it up. Would like more from you.

Forgot to say there are collectables, which unlock a mini-game. Found it very entertaining. Nice to get a reward for collectables for a change. In many games collectables have no point to them. Nice addition. It also has a jump map but I stopped using that quite early because I really enjoyed moving through the different rooms. There are a lot of rooms, but it is very easy to remember your way around.

posted in Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring on Sep 2, 12 2:59 AM
The graphics are not great but I don't care. It's lighthearted fun and entertainment. Puts even more emphasis on what a torturous time I had with Thursdays arduous CE. Interactive HOS and amusing dialogue. Flawless mechanics. Running around trying to save my silly friend, who is doing heaven knows what. That makes me want to find out, so much.

I love it. It's like coming out into the sun again after being locked in a dungeon for days.

A steal at the sale price. Thanks BF, you've cheered me up no end.

Just one thing - not a real vampire? Drinks fake blood? So how come the garlic aged him? Intriguing.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 12 1:37 AM
REVIEW OF COMPLETED GAME
I almost gave up on this game. The graphics are very good. The story is old. The game play is terrible. It is filled with a myriad of locations, only a handful of which are key ones, which means that you are constantly trudging back and forth through rooms, caves and passages where there is nothing to find or interact with. Just put there for show. The navigation arrows are not labelled so when the SG tells you to go to such and such a room/place, you don't know which direction it's in and inevitably you will pick the right one last. Blisters on feet. When you finally break into a new location you find you do not have the relevant items necessary to do anything in it. So, back you go again, all the way through those countless locations, to try and find where you are supposed to go next.

Just an exercise in futility and frustration, which made for a very tedious experience.

I do not bemoan the lack of HOS, that's fine. I just have the distinct impression that ERS have either had staff changes or are training new recruits and gave them this to cut their teeth on. Definitely not up to standard.

I do not know how long it took me, I shelved it so many times. Suffice it to say that it came out on Thursday and today is Sunday. The BC was better because it was shorter, but it felt sort of tacked on as an afterthought. You just rescued your daughter from the witch at the end of the main game and she is immediately snatched away again by some other monster and that's the basis for the BC. There are strangely, huge monster plants in this game that just had no place in it.

There is also the problem of the book pages, which are integral and must all be found or the main game cannot be finished. There are about 24 of them scattered throughout the game, but the SG does not list the locations at the end. So, if you are unlucky enough to miss some, or even one, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. You won't just get blisters, you will wear your feet to the bone.

If ever a game needed a jump map, this one heads the list.

There is no diary to record clues and codes, so have pen and paper handy.

I would not recommend this game to anyone, unless you are someone who buys games solely for the quality of their graphics. Apart from that, after the demo, it was downhill all the way.

I have played better SEs by first-timers.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 12 1:03 AM
Go up the alley next to the admin building then go right and straight twice.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 12 11:35 PM
It's in the abandoned blacksmiths, to the left of the altar where you put the spear together in the main game.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 12 10:59 PM
Thank you. I just found it.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 12 10:56 PM
Found it. Thank you.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 12 10:55 PM
Sorry guys. My mistake.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 12 10:24 PM
Somewhere inside the school. Check the map.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator