Posts created by nightkat1

After I did finally get it downloaded and working properly (Windows 10), now I can't uninstall it. I've tried everything I can find to get it to uninstall. So far, nothing has worked. I really want it off my computer because I don't really trust it. I even turned my computer off, but it still won't uninstall. It says it can't uninstall because the game is currently running. I'm supposed to stop the running game, so it can be uninstalled. However, it won't let me into the game again. This is unbelievable.

posted in Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition on Nov 10, 17 1:54 PM
I don't understand why I had no trouble downloading and playing the trial game, but now can't download the whole game after purchase. Windows 10.

This game had some potential with a change of scenery, and could have offered a different storyline. Alas, it didn't. Same old "bad guy" disappearing in a puff of smoke stealing away with persons who you, the detective, have to find and save. Then there's that magic cube. Good grief! Are you kidding me? I might have overlooked the slow, jumpy cursor if this game had something different to offer. As it didn't, I'm going to pass.

posted in Leaves 2: The Return on Aug 28, 17 6:53 PM
This game, as well as "Leaves the Journey" are the absolute best games I've played in a very long time. They are both so creative and well thought out, I'm amazed at the talent that was able to develop these. Some of the puzzles are VERY challenging, and some are a bit easier. I'm so delighted with myself when I'm able to figure one out on my own. Love it. There is help available without having to get out of the game. On the main page, there is a button "need help?". Of course, you have to solve a puzzle before you get the hint. But the puzzle is doable. I have to say one other thing. I'm one of the group that loathes the use of "gadgets", and I've made that known. These games have a gadget. However, they have created some of the most adorable and funny "inhabitants" that you find with this gadget, even I don't mind using it. I hope this group of artists continue to give us many more of these wonderful, challenging, delightful games. These games are both A+.

Add me to the list of the disappointed. I, too, was excited this morning when I saw what seemed to be a good old murder mystery. And from Mad Head Games--my favorite! When the runes appeared, I thought "that's not a good sign". Then the medallion. Mad Head develops phenomonal games, I have to wonder why they feel the need to continually add those ridiculous magical gadgets/medallions/amulets to every one of their games. No thanks. Very disappointed.

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 24, 17 8:24 PM
This is the best game I've played since Facility 47. As stated previously, wish BFG had more adventure games rather than so many Hidden Object games. Love the challenge and the chance to use my brain for a change.

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 23, 17 6:49 PM
Try these games:

City of Secrets
City of Fools
Steel Life
Inner World

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 17 9:44 PM
This is so ironic--in a way. I had cancelled my membership with BFG after many years and scores of games purchased. My membership was to become effective tonight at midnight. THEN I see a MCF released on Saturday (surprise!), so now I'm wondering if I've done the right thing by saying "good-bye" to BFG due to lack of high-quality, fun, challenging, and innovative game play. So...I played the demo thinking if this is good, I'm not leaving. After finishing the demo, I'm going ahead and cancelling my membership for now. What is going on in this game, I wonder. It's nothing I'm remotely interested in. There were some fairly good puzzles--especially the one in the grand hall involving the 3 cabinets, and I enjoyed them as I'm a puzzle person. But then I found the "quill", and I immediately knew--another freaking gadget!!!! For me with the inclusion of a "magic" gadget, MCF is officially dead. It was good while it lasted. As the immortal Freddie Mercury once replied about how he wanted to be remembered, he said "dead and gone". MCF is dead and gone. As I've read all the previous reviews, I agree that I'd be willing to pay full price for a game as wonderful as "DRAWN". Very sad. I plan to "keep in touch" with BFG. If great things begin to happen, I'll give them another try someday.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 10:59 AM
I've said it before, but I can't resist saying it again that I absolutely loathe this character. No buy for me.

I hate that dwarf! Won't be wasting my time with this one just because of him.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 16 8:46 PM
This has been a great discussion, and I appreciate all the information I learned from it. I just finished the main game of this MCF, and I did enjoy it. I agree that Eipix, overall, develops extremely high-level games. I especially enjoy it when I have to think a little, and, I admit, I had to think quite a lot in various instances while playing. I also agree that it was (probably) time to move on from Ravenhearst, but that game remains in my heart as the one that got me addicted to these games. That's not a bad thing! I used to buy almost every game that came out, but these days I've become a little harder to please. This MCF is a pleasing game.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 16 12:40 PM
On the blueprint, there are 3 circles with various numbers in specific locations indicated. Start with the first circle, notice the numbers indicated and their location, then input those numbers in those locations on the circle of the puzzle. Then repeat for the next 2 circles. Hope this helps.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 16 12:36 PM
Well stated. That's what I was trying to say. Yes, they were super knock-you-on-your *** hard; I loved them! I'm afraid you're correct in MCF of yore are gone forever; I haven't made peace with it, I guess. I do occasionally go back and replay several of them.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 16 10:48 AM
I guess I call these "superpuzzles" that I absolutely love.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 16 10:44 AM
Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong in this, but are the superpuzzles REALLY superpuzzles? I seem to remember from MF, and even FC, the superpuzzles were quite a challenge in that there were no instructions--unless you asked for help. Also, the actions you had to figure out had absolutely no obvious connection to each other. Case in point: in MF needing a code and (finally) finding it after shooting a pistol at an apple. Now THAT is a solution that was quite unexpected! It seems to me that these superpuzzles from Eipix are mostly a series of run-of-the-mill small puzzles; you simply go from one to the next. Plus there are instructions. Don't get me wrong, Eipix, I bought this game, and am playing the game with a great deal a enjoyment. I just miss the superpuzzles from before where you felt you had accomplished something after finally figuring it all out--mostly by accident. I'd love to see some of those types of superpuzzles again. Surely someone out there has the creativity to develop some of these; wish I could.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 16 9:02 PM
What are Goldberg machine puzzles?

posted in Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 16 3:45 PM
I thought this game had some possibilities--until I obtained the "magical gadget". That's all for me. Can we please move on from this? It seems like we finally saw the last of the cute "helpers" only to be saddled with "gadgets". If the new MCF game has any of this type of nonsense, I'll be so disappointed and will probably have to move on to something else.

posted in Harrowed Halls: Lakeview Lane Collector's Edition on Oct 20, 16 11:23 AM
Editor's Choice? Really? I did a beta on this game, and as I recall, didn't give it a great review. Same as many of you have stated above: smartphone as "gadget" totally turned me off. Then there's that missing zipper pull! Please!!!!! Can't someone come up with something a little more creative and innovative? I'm amused at the "warning" of a psychological thriller meant for adults. Not even close, in my opinion. For those who like it, enjoy.

posted in Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition on Oct 18, 16 2:29 PM
If I recall correctly, tell me if I'm wrong, but this developer frequently, if not always, has some sort of stupid "gadget" to get rid of shadows, dark energy, or some other type of nonsense. It's just so tiresome; no buy for me.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 16 5:40 PM
Finally, a game worth purchasing and playing. I was hooked immediately. It's been a looooong time since any game has really "grabbed" me. Mad Head has done a great job with this one--so far anyway. Hopefully, there are no "gadgets" on down the road.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator