Posts created by MsHamster

posted in Farm Frenzy: Hurricane Season on Apr 1, 15 6:17 PM
I was excited to give this game a try, but was disappointed and didn't even finish the demo. The graphics are too busy, i liked the simpler graphics of the earlier versions. Definitely was sluggish when trying to click on something. This game is not for me.

posted in Farm to Fork on Feb 26, 14 8:15 PM
Enjoyed the demo. Count me in for those that think the parrots are just too much. Not sure if this is a buy for me, still on the fence. Clicking isn't too bad yet. Had to replay a couple of levels to get gold but was able to do on the first replay. Looks to be getting steadily harder and harder.

posted in Demigods on Feb 22, 14 10:30 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the demo. Most likely will be picking this one up!

posted in Island Tribe 5 on Dec 10, 13 10:41 PM
Love the Island Tribe games
Nice having the underwater and ocean life theme on this one.
A definite buy

posted in Green Ranch on Nov 27, 13 11:03 PM
Really enjoyed the demo. Have been waiting for a new farming game so I'm glad to see a new one that is fun. I made it to the level where you make ice cream (but the demo was done before I got that far). So far has been easy enough to make gold but each level is getting a little more difficult. Nice to see a slow, but steady, progression in difficulty so that it doesn't get too hard too fast and thus discouraging.

Thanks for the lovely game - a definite buy for me.

posted in Northern Tale 2 on Nov 12, 13 11:16 PM
Enjoyed the demo

Pluses:
1. Being able to play in multi-click mode!!!!
2. Cute graphics just like the first one.
3. Mermaids and mushrooms? Can't wait to find them.
4. Untimed mode for those that want it.
5. I'm sure there is more to like/love.

Minuses:
1. Normal mode vs. multi-click? Why isn't multi-click just part of the experience? Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it - should have normal and expert modes with multi-click being available if you want it in all modes (including untimed).

most likely a buy for me

posted in You're The Boss on Nov 7, 13 6:55 PM
Too repetitive with not enough variety - and too much down-time when all employees are busy and you are waiting for one to finish. Not bad for those who like this sort of game, but I prefer something a little more lively.

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Oct 30, 13 11:03 PM
Enjoyed the demo. Similar to other TM games, but still fun. Interesting characters. I like how they show your achievements along the map. Big plus, you can click ahead! You can even click ahead on something you don't have quite enough resources to build/demolish and it will be queued until the resources are available.
Definite buy for me

posted in The Tiny Tale on Oct 7, 13 10:31 PM
I was wondering when a review thread was going to show up here. What a cute little game. Love the gremlins and troll - and that you can change their look to give them a unique style. Enjoyed the demo, can't wait to play the rest of the game and see what's in store.

Loved the demo! The elephant is cute, can't wait to see what other new things are waiting. 3 stars on each level has been very doable so far, only one I just missed it on but when replayed I got 3 stars very easily.

Definitely a buy for me.

posted in When In Rome on Aug 19, 13 11:19 PM
Not quite through the demo yet, but I'm definitely enjoying this one. Reminds me of The Golden Years: Way Out West with the crop gathering, path clearing, and taking crops/products to the windmill, bakery, etc.

Nice to hear that the untimed mode lets you chain actions, just wish the timed mode did as well. That is probably my only complaint so far.

Will likely be a buy for me as it has been quite a dry spell since the last time I enjoyed a new TM enough to buy it.

posted in Kingdom Tales on Jul 17, 13 11:19 PM
Found this one very enjoyable. I'm through the first 10 levels and I'm not bored. I don't normally pay too much attention to the story line when I'm doing the demo, would rather have the time for an extra level to play. for the unlimited workers, the upgrades, and being able to upgrade and collect rent and water all at the same time!
This game gets a and from me

posted in Asian Riddles on Jul 3, 13 11:20 PM
Just finished the demo and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The controls work the way I like. I turn off the music, so no problems with that. The only annoyance was the same as others had with the numbers getting checked off before you had delimited the filled blocks with the spaces. Once I got used to that, tho, it was only a mild annoyance and definitely one I can live with.

posted in Druid Kingdom on Jun 25, 13 11:22 PM
I've only played about 15 mins of the demo - and i totally agree with all the "negatives" that everyone else has posted. Not sure I've achieved "gold" on any level. Does the timer continue to run while they are trying to give you hints/instructions that you need to dismiss?

I do enjoy having challenging levels, but you should be able to get gold in the first few levels, especially when they are interrupting you with directions and dialogs.

I think the most frustrating thing was not being able to chain actions. That just gets in the way of trying to think ahead and plan out what you want to do when you have to wait until the little guy gets back home before you can issue the next action.

I will finish out the demo just to see if there's anything to draw me in and erase the impact of the negatives, but I suspect this will be a no buy for me.

posted in Weather Lord: Hidden Realm on May 29, 13 3:06 PM
Only half way thru the demo and I'm enjoying this one. Much better than the other Weather Lord which I passed on. I like how we use the weather in this one and it recharges quickly enough as to not be a hindrance (at least in the early levels). Looking forward to see what other little treats are waiting.

posted in Big Bang West on May 15, 13 6:45 PM
Too boring ... not much visually to keep me interested and the levels don't always build on each other enough to offer a good challenge based on previous towns. The people that pop up in the corner are annoying, and a few times my money was going down each day but had no way to see why, never had to deal with a robber (stopped after 30 mins and decided that was enough). Kept finding myself with no money and the people telling me to hire a sheriff or another worker, but didn't have enough money.

posted in Rescue Team 3 on May 9, 13 7:44 PM
enjoyed the demo ... but probably a no-buy for me ... haven't played #2 much since buying and playing it initially once or twice ... I do enjoy not having monsters tho on one level having the same house catching on fire over and over and over was a bit tedious ... had to work at a few of the levels but was able to get gold on most first try until the demo timed out ... as for the story, it just gets in my way when starting each level - let me play! don't bog me down with chat between the characters ... if i didn't already have #2, I would probably buy, but not feeling the need to use a credit on this

posted in TV Farm 2 on May 4, 13 10:08 AM
enjoyed the demo and will be picking this one up
I like the improvements, like not watering plants and being able to just hold the mouse button down and move the mouse to plant in multiple plots, also like not having to collect products from the factories

posted in Royal Settlement 1450 on Apr 20, 13 9:46 AM
I found this game clunky and hard to work with. And that was just the first 2 levels. Couldn't zoom out as far as I would have liked - had to put things half off the screen. Don't like having to constantly click to pick up the produced resources. Found that hiring and assigning workers sometimes required extra clicks to get to the button I wanted (popups would get in the way). Made a mistake on level 2 and the menu option didn't give me a restart option. At that point I quit and decided this just wasn't for me.

Game has potential, but the user experience is just not what it needs to be for those of us that are used to TMs/strategy games that are smoother and easier to operate.

posted in Viking Brothers on Apr 13, 13 11:23 AM
Enjoyed the demo - for all the same reasons everyone else did - can click ahead, cute graphics, challenging in the later levels to get gold.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator