Posts created by polexia

posted in Sally's Salon on Aug 19, 17 1:09 PM
There's also Sally's Quick Clips but I don't see that here, either. What's up, Big Fish? Why do you have no more Sally games? You need some balance on here, everything is all these dark supernatural themes and that gets old.

posted in Cardboard Castle on Nov 24, 11 9:54 AM
"Maybe they didn't want to risk the wrath of the "too many CE's!!!" crowd. "

Can't imagine why anyone would want to have a difference of opinion on the CE's. I thought everyone on the planet was in agreement that they're the best thing EVAR.

posted in Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer on Sep 25, 11 5:12 PM
A game based on the case would have been better. That "find the bloody glove" comment was spot-on. Some cases have been told countless times (Titanic, Jack the Ripper) and fictionalized in many ways but I do find recent cases using real names etc. very distasteful.

I am a fan of true crime books and Forensic Files shows, which I find educational and informative. I have learned many things about keeping safe, being aware, and what to look for. I just don't feel a GAME is quite the appropriate form for these subjects since gaming implies entertainment. I don't see forensic books and such as entertainment but more as educational or historically interesting.

Could you imagine Devil in the White City made into a game, though? Explore The Castle...probably will be made soon enough as there is a film coming out soon.

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Jul 30, 11 1:35 PM
I haven't completed this one yet but I agree, her room is very hard to find. The hallways all look the same.

posted in Hotel Dash 2: Lost Luxuries on Jun 22, 11 5:43 PM
Kind of. This one doesn't seem as good as the first Hotel Dash. I'm not liking the puzzles in place of adding cute stuff to the suite. I want more of a payoff than just a puzzle.

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Jan 6, 11 6:44 AM
Aardy wrote:
lyn58 wrote:I can't get passed the "powered by Nymph" screen. I have no idea what this game is even about. So very disappointed in Big Fish lately.

Yep - that's as far as I get too. Launch game, get the Nymph - "Failed to initialize COM security object" message.

First time I've had a problem with actually running a Big Fish game.

I'm having this exact problem and feel the same way.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 10 3:43 PM
stevieferr wrote:thanks for all the comments on my not fair comment..............think in future ill keep me thoughts to myself although thought the idea of this forum was free speech and not for character assassinations
I myself use it for what its meant as and that is to put our points of view on the games themselves not on the people who are writing them and for helping others when they get stuck
This forum is getting more like the comment parts at the end of every website were most of it has no bearings whatsoever on the actual website and more for cleverdicks who have no thoughts of their own and trot out a load of rubbish following the sheep and repeat ad finitum what each other are saying

Sorry Big Fish Ive been with you for years but will no longer take any part in this side of the gaming website and i think its time you turned this back just to a help line for those who cant afford to buy the stradegy guides for your games and seek help from fellow gamers and less for those who just like to see their petty thoughts in print.
Good Night and Goodbye

Seriously, some of the people here get really nasty if you say something they don't agree with. There isn't much tolerance for freethinking here.

[removed by moderator]

Re:CE's -- there are too stinkin' many of them now.

Govegril -- I agree with you, the attitude here is very hypocritical and juvenile.

I think the internet brings out the worst in people. How many would say these things to people's faces? They're armchair warriors.

As for those saying that the complainants aren't "thinking" -- what exactly is compelling you all to read and respond to posts that you dislike so vehemently? Take your own advice and if you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond. Go play dominoes or something with your time.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 3, 10 7:18 AM
I love the artwork, it's top of the line quality. I got the CE because the price came down and I LOVED the first Drawn. I'd play 20 of these if they would make 'em.

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 27, 10 11:10 AM
I didn't play it past the satantic pentagram in the beginning. Regular pentagrams don't have their points facing downward, which is a well known satanic symbol.

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 27, 10 11:07 AM
There is a pentagram with the point facing down which is a well known satanic symbol. Regular pentagrams don't have the point down. Interesting.

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 26, 10 10:12 AM
phatkhat wrote:Here are some more. And I do not by any means have all of the games that might be suitable. I left in the murder mystery ones, because evidently murder is not as offensive as Tarot carts or pentagrams.

Well murder spans belief systems so it's not really comparable to tarot cards and pentagrams which are used in religious belief systems. Murder is real world man against man and tarot and pentagrams symbolize supernatural, divination, "magic" etc. Totally not comparable.

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 26, 10 10:09 AM
Some of them I like and some I don't. I don't accept everything in a genre just because it's dark. If it's well done and has good graphics and a good story then great. I do see a lot of "dark" games with the same old stuff in them, though. You're still looking for crowbars and frogs or whatever. The setting doesn't really change that aspect. I like light games, romance games, sweet games, dark games, STEALTH games, adventure and on and on. It has to be a good game, though. just being dark or having a heap of boring skeletons and witches in it (I've played all the Dungeon Sieges TYVM) doesn't automatically make it good. In fact I think some of these developers use the theme as a cop out.

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 26, 10 9:57 AM
And it's also okay to not like playing a murderer or evil monster, too. Not everyone gets off on that sort of thing.

posted in Life Quest ™ on May 16, 10 3:39 PM
My gal has pink hair and her older sister does, too.

posted in The History Channel Lost Worlds on May 16, 10 3:33 PM
I had a problem with a game on here once where the trial ran out before 60 mins was up and another forum member replied with, "LOL." I'm really sorry you're having these troubles as us kind human beings who actually feel compassion for others can understand how you feel.

posted in Life Quest ™ on May 16, 10 11:57 AM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:
But since this game lets us honky buckra play other races,

What is a "honky buckra"?

posted in Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl on May 16, 10 11:45 AM
You could ask customer service for a refund. I did that with I think only ONE game out of all that I've bought and they gave me a game credit. The one I played that was awful just had so many bugs it was a mess. I think BFG stands by their customers, though. Give them a chance to make it right before you leave, there are still many wonderful games out there. Also make sure to do the trial for every game, it will help cut down on the duds.

posted in Life Quest ™ on May 16, 10 11:40 AM
That's cool that we're finally seeing games progress to this level.

Now about the cooking game, I have watched a lot of the food network shows and Gordon Ramsey et al and have determined that if the game is about learning to cook for the home, it would be sexist to place only females in the game. When it comes to being a CHEF in a professional kitchen or running a business, it's very male dominated and seeing females would be bringing equal opportunity to the realm. Have you seen Top Chef at all? There are always derogatory comments made about female chefs by male chefs and I've seen the same go down on Chopped.

posted in Life Quest ™ on May 16, 10 11:36 AM
Fastest in relation to what? Do you mean you have played it before and will play it over and over to "beat" your own time? Not sure what you mean by "fastest". You have to be competing with someone or something in order to be labeled better or faster or fastest and last time I checked, casual games aren't competitive like that.

posted in Escape the Lost Kingdom on May 16, 10 11:32 AM
The game itself was very enjoyable with good voice acting and I liked the diversity of having a whole family each do something (though the parents were a lil shortchanged). The 3D was a nice touch but it was only for certain scenes and not the whole game. I liked the storyline but the end was somewhat abrupt and I still had a staff or something in my inventory. This would have made an excellent game had it been a few chapters longer. I'd say it's great for kids especially because there are spunky kids in it and the cool 3D effects.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator